Trophy Thoughts

Markemmanuel

yup lookin the same as previous supermassive games but i personally love the multiple runs aspect :']

Spoiler

also my eyes Immediately went to the werewolf trophies because i called that shit the second the trailer dropped so SUPER excited abt that angle

Edited by fudgeroach
editing to spoiler
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I've been thinking about this in terms of a platinum speedrun guide as haven't worked on a game like this before so could be quite the challenge to optimise.

But exactly how helpful what a optimal platinum walkthrough be for this??

If everything sort of comes naturally and all the requirements are pretty simple, a full walkthrough may not be needed. 

But I see with some of the past games, even to this day, players still have trouble with some trophies as Trophy Guides are not 100% certain of how to unlock certain troublesome trophies where the requirements are not so clear and have a lot of variables.

Is this something anybody thinks would be helpful??

I'm just curious as my plate is kinda full atm and I don't wanna commit to a guide which isn't necessarily anymore helpful than a general Trophy Guide

I think a good chunk of people would find one helpful (I've actually been in two minds about doing one myself). I personally would rather follow a walkthrough for a game potentially full of missables, at least after I'd played through the story once. But if the trophies turn out to be too straightforward to be worth the effort of a full walkthrough, you could always opt for a mini one in the tips section of the trophy guide.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

I think a good chunk of people would find one helpful (I've actually been in two minds about doing one myself). I personally would rather follow a walkthrough for a game potentially full of missables, at least after I'd played through the story once. But if the trophies turn out to be too straightforward to be worth the effort of a full walkthrough, you could always opt for a mini one in the tips section of the trophy guide.

Are most of these requirements missable in these Supermassive games that are similar??

Sorry I've never quite played one before

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Are most of these requirements missable in these Supermassive games that are similar??

Sorry I've never quite played one before

I've only played Until Dawn, but from that and reviewing some of the Dark Pictures guides, Supermassive does seem to like making the road to plat complicated - what can make the guide harder to write is all the meaningful decisions you have to make at certain points. This list doesn't actually look too bad to be honest, but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I've been thinking about this in terms of a platinum speedrun guide as haven't worked on a game like this before so could be quite the challenge to optimise.

If everything sort of comes naturally and all the requirements are pretty simple, a full walkthrough may not be needed. 

But I see with some of the past games, even to this day, players still have trouble with some trophies as Trophy Guides are not 100% certain of how to unlock certain troublesome trophies where the requirements are not so clear and have a lot of variables.

I'm just curious as my plate is kinda full atm and I don't wanna commit to a guide which isn't necessarily anymore helpful than a general Trophy Guide

Hi mate,

it would definitely be of use. I really like your guides and the way they are set up in order to maximize efficiency.

In terms of games like these (Man of Medan, House of Ashes, The Quarry...) it is definitely useful to decide on the trophies in terms of what to do first.

If you plan it right, you then don´t have to complete full playthroughs afterwards, but there is only the need to start from a certain chapter and play until the end of the game.

To give you an example:

If you finish playthrough 1 while going for the "all characters survive" trophy, then you decide to let only person xy survive, you can reload the save file e.g. from chapter 7 onwards, because you still have the opportunity to kill everybody from chapter 7 onwards. However, in this case you let person xy survive and you get credit for the trophy, even though you didn´t finish a whole playthrough.

Hope it´s understandable :)

Kind regards

• Like 1

Disappointed on the icons. Looking forward to the game tomorrow morning. 

2 hours ago, fudgeroach said:

yup lookin the same as previous supermassive games but i personally love the multiple runs aspect :']

also my eyes Immediately went to the werewolf trophies because i called that shit the second the trailer dropped so SUPER excited abt that angle

Seriously un cool you did that. Way to spoil it for people 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Disappointed on the icons. Looking forward to the game tomorrow morning. 

Seriously un cool you did that. Way to spoil it for people 

2 hours ago, Alex8_X said:

Nice way to get spoilered man.

im really sorry about that! i thought since it said in the trophys it wouldnt be an issue
ive edited the post now for future but seriousy, sorry about that

• Like 2

Don't see any trophies about completing the story using multiplayer/co-op. I love playing these types of games with my friends. I am debating about getting the deluxe edition to get access to the rewind technique immediately but I also read that once you complete just 1 playthrough that feature unlocks for everyone so it's probably not worth it unless you want the different filters and gore pack. I'm probably going the deluxe route just because I want to support this company and the type of games they put out which I'm a big fan of. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I played and completed The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan (and soon-to-be The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope) recently and referenced a channel on YouTube for most of the trophies. However, I didn't earn the Go With Your Gut trophy when using them as a reference which requires the player to choose all of the heart decisions (despite seemingly fulfilling the requirements) and it therefore required an additional playthrough of several hours. The trophies in games developed by Supermassive Games usually require very specific choices for desired outcomes.

Speaking on behalf of myself only and as someone who has referenced your videos on YouTube before (specifically for Resident Evil 8: Village), the type of content that you create is helpful, which optimizing it for people such as myself who intends on playing multiple different versions of the game (i.e. PlayStation 4(?), PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X) would be appreciated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

Don't see any trophies about completing the story using multiplayer/co-op. 

The multiplayer stuff isn’t even available at launch. It’s like a month later I think I read. I was going to buy deluxe edition but then even that the costumes won’t be there till around July 8 so I just bought the PS5 edition. Going to play it tonight.

I prefer a trophy walkthrough for these games. I platinumed Until Dawn and all 3 Dark Pictures games. I always play the games for fun first then look up the trophies after and try to figure out optimal path to get the rest of trophies I missed. Never had a problem until it came to House of Ashes. That one was overwhelming with the different paths and missable trophies. I think I had to play 5 whole playthroughs and long sections of multiple chapters other times just to get one or 2 trophies. All because some of those had very specific requirements for characters that were mutually exclusive and spanned most of the game. It was frustrating but I finally got platinum a few weeks ago after setting it aside for months. 

Just finished my first playthrough on Xbox, replayed the last chapter to try different choices and used the newly unlocked Death Rewind after a death only for it to send me back to chapter 1 with no more chapter select. Chapter select didn't work that way in Until Dawn so I have no idea why they changed it.