Trophy Thoughts

Markemmanuel

31 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks, keep us updated please! I should have bought the disc. I thought I was going to play the game earlier but now I feel an idiot for paying digital price when I could have just got physical when I was ready to play it. Hate it when you misjudge when you may decide to play something ;(

If he still doesn't pop it, guess that would mean it must be a very particular set of choices you need to take, but it's looking like it is glitched and that it is a very simple trophy to obtain, just choose 'Move On' ;)

its a silver trophy, which there aren’t many of in the game. Based on this I don’t think it’s going to be something that’s very simple that has simply bugged out. Happy (and kind of hoping) to be proven wrong though!!

Edited by OTPYG

38 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I’ll be sure to post here whether he gets the trophy or not worst case scenario I’ll buy the disc too and see if I can do anything different or replicate the other players play through. I highly doubt it’s glitched to where you just get lucky because when I played the evil dead game it had a lot less players and 10+ people had the extremely glitched trophy by pure luck. The fact only 1 person has this makes me think otherwise. Surely with all the people that have played it across all platforms would have found a way to get it but it’s the same across the board, PC. Xbox and PS all got the same day 1 patch and no one there has it legitimately.

I went on Reddit and saw the day 1 patch was available as early as 4 days before the games actual release. I could probably be talking complete nonsense but I’m assuming everyone on disc would install the patch because well what reason would you have not too and everyone digital it comes pre patched already.  

I'm guessing you have tried this, but you have chose 'Move On' for every Elize scene at the end of each chapter??

Some chapters you don't get a choice do you if you don't grab a card or something.

Either way, even if its glitched or not, seems like the requirement is to have her appear at the end of each Chapter and for her to ask you if you wanna know more or move on.

And you have to choose 'Move On' for all the interactions with her. If you skip the choice via not picking up a Card in that Chapter, then it voids the trophy..........

That's what I would put my money on for the actual requirement, must get all cards to trigger all choices, but refuse her help in every choice! That's assuming there are no other actions along the way where see will offer help for something else.....

I'm assuming Chapter 8 is the last time you get the choice with her so it's when the trophy checks the requirements are fulfilled??

Guess all we can do now is way for your friend and see the result from that first

Edited by Optinooby

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I'm guessing you have tried this, but you have chose 'Move On' for every Elize scene at the end of each chapter??

Some chapters you don't get a choice do you if you don't grab a card or something.

Either way, even if its glitched or not, seems like the requirement is to have her appear at the end of each Chapter and for her to ask you if you wanna know more or move on.

And you have to choose 'Move On' for all the interactions with her. If you skip the choice via not picking up a Card in that Chapter, then it voids the trophy..........

I'm assuming Chapter 8 is the last time you get the choice with her so it's when the trophy checks the requirements are fulfilled??

Guess all we can do now is way for your friend and see the result from that first

Yep I’ve tried that. If you get no cards she just says her normal dialogue and moves on if you find at least 1 card she will ask you see more or move on. OMG you’re a legend! You’ve given me a great damn idea. Chapter 9 has the special card where she does not ask you to move on or anything she automatically goes to her flashback with her son!!! So chapter 8 is the last time when she asks you see more or move on if you get the card or cards from that chapter. Assuming the patch is what broke the trophy this makes perfect sense. In prologue you see the vision. From there on get the cards and always choose move on. In chapter 7 listen to the podcast collectible and irritate her more. Then in chapter 8 refuse and the trophy is there? I’ve tried this with the patch but it’s most definitely worth testing without it. 

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

Yep I’ve tried that. If you get no cards she just says her normal dialogue and moves on if you find at least 1 card she will ask you see more or move on. You know what? OMG you’re a legend! You’ve given me a great damn idea. Chapter 9 has the special card where she does not ask you to move on or anything she automatically goes to her flashback with her son!!! So chapter 8 is the last time when you she asks you see more or move on. Assuming the patch is what broke the trophy this makes perfect sense. In prologue you see the vision. From there on get the cards and always choose move on. In chapter 7 listen to the podcast collectible and irritate her more. Then in chapter 8 refuse and the trophy is there? I’ve tried this with the patch but it’s most definitely worth testing without it. 

That's what I would say, as OTPYG says as well, it's one of the few silver trophies so must be a little more involving than most, hence why you likely must trigger all her 'Move On' or 'See More' choices and must choose 'Move On' for them all.

If you missed one for whatever reason, then it voids the trophy. You must do them all.

And Chapter 8 is the trigger that checks if you chose 'Move On' for every single one! It's a cumulative trophy 8/8, if you have 7/8, it won't pop as an example

Edited by Optinooby

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

That's what I would say, as OTPYG says as well, it's one of the few silver trophies so must be a little more involving than most, hence why you likely must trigger all her 'Move On' or 'See More' choices and must choose 'Move On' for them all.

If you missed one for whatever reason, then it voids the trophy. You must do them all.

And Chapter 8 is the trigger that checks if you chose 'Move On' for every single one! It's a cumulative trophy 8/8, if you have 7/8, it won't pop as an example

Did it all( All 9 "move on" ?

10 minutes ago, Arsentio said:

Did it all( All 9 "move on" 1f62d.png

Damn.... Well I bet it at least is something similar if its glitched, or still even if it isn't as that is when it popped for the only obtainee.

How does the help work with the Tarot Cards anyhow?? You find a card right in a chapter, and then she asks at the end if you wanna see more or move on. But what about the chapters with multiple cards, how is it determined exactly which Tarot card you picked up in that Chapter that she is asking you about??? Or does she just tell you about them all at once??

I'm just trying to understand how the tarot cards work, what they mean, what is their use and the same with the info Elize can give you.....

Edited by Optinooby

30 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Damn.... Well I bet it at least is something similar if its glitched, or still even if it isn't as that is when it popped for the only obtainee.

How does the help work with the Tarot Cards anyhow?? You find a card right in a chapter, and then she asks at the end if you wanna see more or move on. But what about the chapters with multiple cards, how is it determined exactly which Tarot card you picked up in that Chapter that she is asking you about??? Or does she just tell you about them all at once??

I'm just trying to understand how the tarot cards work, what they mean, what is their use and the same with the info Elize can give you.....

Arsentio has it digital so there’s hope still. Moving on at every opportunity is something I’ve tested already too. You’re correct about the cards whenever you find multiple she asks you if you wanna move on OR you can choose 1 card to see the fate on.

I’m gonna bite the bullet and order the disc from Argos it seems to have been a somewhat limited physical release as it’s sold out in a lot of places.

Just ordered the disc it’ll be here in 2-4 hours hopefully this works otherwise I’m out £70 ? hopefully sometime later tonight with a bit of messing and no patch installed this trophy will unlock.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I’m still thinking it’s a path we haven’t taken yet. 

What do

you mean mini clue 

In some clues there's some extra info which is covered with "?" and if you find or hear info about it you can unlock it. The sign changes to "!"

Idk if this is anything but with the chapter 8 thing in the one person that has it reminded me of something. I tried to get the hard pass by grabbing no cards at all 0/22 during chapter 8 when in the tunnels everytime I ran into a card and didn't pick it up all other collectables became un-choosable like the prompt to look at them went away. In order to get the clues and evidence I would have to quit and continue then kinda move around where the tarot card was so the prompt to grab it did not show then I was able to look at the other collectables. This glitch lasted till the scrapyard. Then went away. Might be nothing but I def know that there is some kind of issue in chapter 8 with the cards. I'm gonna play around with some scenarios today see if I can't figure something else out but did anyone else run into an issue like that? I was using manual saves at the start of each chapter by uploading the save to the cloud and having auto sync turned off.  

9 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

else run into an issue like that? I was using manual saves at the start of each chapter by uploading the save to the cloud and having auto sync turned off.  

Yes! I was having same problem. I couldn't take rum clue in basement before i grab card 

• Like 1

Can someone share their tips/advice on how to get the following trophies? 

Noboby's Fool - Jacob told Emma the Truth. Should I go for this in my everyone lives scenario and at what point do I need to do something different and possibly start killing some folks? What chapter does this unlock in? 

Peanut Butter Butterpops! - Never missed in a combat encounter. I heard this is best achieved by changing the settings to auto from the beginning? Should I go for this in my everyone lives or everyone dies scenario? Doesn't this mean I'll kill Jacob in Chapter 3 by shooting the bushes? 

14 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

Noboby's Fool - Jacob told Emma the Truth. Should I go for this in my everyone lives scenario and at what point do I need to do something different and possibly start killing some folks? What chapter does this unlock in? 

Peanut Butter Butterpops! - Never missed in a combat encounter. I heard this is best achieved by changing the settings to auto from the beginning? Should I go for this in my everyone lives or everyone dies scenario? Doesn't this mean I'll kill Jacob in Chapter 3 by shooting the bushes? 

Yes, Jacob will need to die for that one from what I know. 

21 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

For first you need to infect Emma in chapter 4 and than she must survive chapter 8 (she will transform in minivan). 

Jacob must to stay alive and not get infected till the end. They will meet in final chapter

For Peanut just enable auto mode and play with it. For safety

1) don't open cabin in chapter 1

2) let Laura shoot Nick in chapter 8 

Edited by Arsentio

53 minutes ago, Arsentio said:

Yes! I was having same problem. I couldn't take rum clue in basement before i grab card 

Yup that is right where the glitch started for me, because I was doing a 0/22 card run I had to quit to menu then continue then avoid getting the card to prompt in order to grab the rum still. it also happened in the hacket house when I was Ryan where get the letter, and I think it also was in the scrapyard when getting the sign. Each time I had to quit to menu continue and try to avoid the card. 

Edited by Spartaruckus

7 minutes ago, ozoevil said:

Ok a bit weird one about Hard Pass, what if you have to follow exactly what you see in visions without alternating, changing outcomes.Which makes kinda refusing help from her!

Idk about that haven't tested but when I did my 0/22 card run she kept saying I can't help you if you don't find my cards, got all mad really wanted me to get the cards. I feel that fits more with the description of the trophy. Feels like she wants you to collect the cards so she can lead you to the outcome she wants. Plus because you can get multiple cards it would depend on which card you had her read as to the future you would have to avoid. Idk doesn't seem to fit in with how most of the silver trophies go where there is a pretty specific path you have to take to get them. 

I'm still banking on the trophy is bugged lol. I sent a message to supermassive on social to see if they have any word on it. 

To me I would think either a full "move on" or a 0/22 run would be required for it.

12 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

Idk about that haven't tested but when I did my 0/22 card run she kept saying I can't help you if you don't find my cards, got all mad really wanted me to get the cards. I feel that fits more with the description of the trophy. Feels like she wants you to collect the cards so she can lead you to the outcome she wants. Plus because you can get multiple cards it would depend on which card you had her read as to the future you would have to avoid. Idk doesn't seem to fit in with how most of the silver trophies go where there is a pretty specific path you have to take to get them. 

I'm still banking on the trophy is bugged lol. I sent a message to supermassive on social to see if they have any word on it. 

To me I would think either a full "move on" or a 0/22 run would be required for it.

she wants Hackett family dead not playable characters, so if you get vision Emma or Abby died u don't accept her help. Are you with me?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SzzMN said:

Yep I’ve tried that. If you get no cards she just says her normal dialogue and moves on if you find at least 1 card she will ask you see more or move on. OMG you’re a legend! You’ve given me a great damn idea. Chapter 9 has the special card where she does not ask you to move on or anything she automatically goes to her flashback with her son!!! So chapter 8 is the last time when she asks you see more or move on if you get the card or cards from that chapter. Assuming the patch is what broke the trophy this makes perfect sense. In prologue you see the vision. From there on get the cards and always choose move on. In chapter 7 listen to the podcast collectible and irritate her more. Then in chapter 8 refuse and the trophy is there? I’ve tried this with the patch but it’s most definitely worth testing without it. 

What if you skip heiro but pick up another tarot in ch9? Isn’t there 4? 

• Like 1

I’m in chapter 7 in the police station. I listened to the first part of the podcast on the computer - however, it won’t let you listen to the second part -if there is a second part. However there is a door with a green light under it but the door is locked. Anyone know about this? 

5 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I’m in chapter 7 in the police station. I listened to the first part of the podcast on the computer - however, it won’t let you listen to the second part -if there is a second part. However there is a door with a green light under it but the door is locked. Anyone know about this? 

Isn’t that where you get the silver bullets from when you escape with travis’s keys?