Trophy Thoughts

Markemmanuel

1 hour ago, ozoevil said:

she wants Hackett family dead not playable characters, so if you get vision Emma or Abby died u don't accept her help. Are you with me?

Yeah I get that. I hope super answers my question I sent them to give us an idea if it's bugged. Also doing another playthrough today so I'll test some theories that I can see if I can get it to proc

Edit: just got home and checked and there is a ~10gb patch that is downloading for it gonna do some testing after the patch gets installed to see if maybe this trophy is fixed.

Edited by Spartaruckus
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

Yeah I get that. I hope super answers my question I sent them to give us an idea if it's bugged. Also doing another playthrough today so I'll test some theories that I can see if I can get it to proc

Edit: just got home and checked and there is a ~10gb patch that is downloading for it gonna do some testing after the patch gets installed to see if maybe this trophy is fixed.

I’ll try it too I’m on chapter 8 already. Thank you for letting me know about the patch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arsentio said:

1f605.png And maybe now we need to refuse all again...

I went to my chapter select and refused her on chapter 8 and no trophy. 

My friend also played unpatched from before and no trophy but this is apparently how the person who has the trophy got it:

When they got the tarot reading trophy they started a new game this time they chose move on every-time and In chapter 8 they accidentally walked forward and triggered the cutscene and it popped after moving on with Eliza. If anyone wants to try a fresh save go ahead like this it might be worth a try. 

• Like 1

So update 

I installed patch 

Started new game 

Grabbed The Fool 

Watched vision on car in fire 

Went to ch 1

Grabbed Temperance 

Set the car on fire 

Just in case failed QTE 

Let Jacob get burned 

Finished ch 1

Went to Eliza 

She did her normal speech 

Picked Move On 

Trophy did not pop. 

So it doesn't seem to be connected to doing what her vision showed. 

On ward to more testing 

What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. 

• Like 3

Another idea is to back up your saves and then delete it and start afresh.

The obtainee got it on the their first playthrough so its possible if you miss the requirement on your first playthrough, then that miss gets permanently saved and you can never get the trophy afterwards (would be a glitch).

Just to eliminate that possibility, I think it would be a good idea for anybody testing, to make sure it is ALWAYS a clean game file, so your very first playthrough.

We don't know everything the obtainee did to get the trophy, but we know it was their very first playthrough as they got the Chapter 8 trophy at the same time!

If there is a glitch, that could be it, currently it can only be acquired on your very first playthrough (clean save). Collectibles and everything reset each playthrough, but maybe they messed up with the Hard Pass conditions and they don't reset.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

So next update 

Loaded up my 0/22 card playthrough and reloaded ch10 and played through still refusing to pick up the last card 

Well yeah didn't work still no trophy it was a long shot I know but was a quick check. 

Going to start a new playthrough gonna wipe my play data and start fresh and do a full playthrough gonna kill everyone to get my massacre trophy but gonna try to pick up at least 1 card each chapter and select "move on" for each chapter 

Gonna Speedrun it as much as I can means I will ignore clues and evidence will and just grab a card kill a person and move on

Will update after I finish to see if it pops 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spartaruckus said:

So next update 

Loaded up my 0/22 card playthrough and reloaded ch10 and played through still refusing to pick up the last card 

Well yeah didn't work still no trophy it was a long shot I know but was a quick check. 

Going to start a new playthrough gonna wipe my play data and start fresh and do a full playthrough gonna kill everyone to get my massacre trophy but gonna try to pick up at least 1 card each chapter and select "move on" for each chapter 

Gonna Speedrun it as much as I can means I will ignore clues and evidence will and just grab a card kill a person and move on

Will update after I finish to see if it pops 

Hopefully this is it, first playthrough is the key.

Fingers crossed.

Just shame even if it was that, because we still are not sure of the actual trophy requirements

1 hour ago, SzzMN said:

I went to my chapter select and refused her on chapter 8 and no trophy. 

My friend also played unpatched from before and no trophy but this is apparently how the person who has the trophy got it:

When they got the tarot reading trophy they started a new game this time they chose move on every-time and In chapter 8 they accidentally walked forward and triggered the cutscene and it popped after moving on with Eliza. If anyone wants to try a fresh save go ahead like this it might be worth a try. 

Bit more specific about accidental cutscene please?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Hopefully this is it, first playthrough is the key.

Fingers crossed.

Just shame even if it was that, because we still are not sure of the actual trophy requirements

I’ve just deleted all my saves including from the cloud and I’m gonna give a fresh save a go trying to replicate the persons play through. I’m gonna pick up all cards and move on every time and the person had the evidence trophy so I’ll get them too and listen to the podcast.

25 minutes ago, ozoevil said:

I don’t know how to spoiler tag but anyone who’s played the game knows what cutscene it is in the Rum room story related cannot be missed. 

Okay so a bit of an update and this is interesting to me. After deleting all saves and backups I’m starting to get tutorials again. This never happened when I did a new game with when I had a save present before.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, ozoevil said:

During chapter 9 if either Abi or Emma are In the bunker, there is a tarot which will give a cutscene when you speak to Eliza at the end of the chapter 

37 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I’ve just deleted all my saves including from the cloud and I’m gonna give a fresh save a go trying to replicate the persons play through. I’m gonna pick up all cards and move on every time and the person had the evidence trophy so I’ll get them too and listen to the podcast.

I don’t know how to spoiler tag but anyone who’s played the game knows what cutscene it is in the Rum room story related cannot be missed. 

Okay so a bit of an update and this is interesting to me. After deleting all saves and backups I’m starting to get tutorials again. This never happened when I did a new game with when I had a save present before.

Hopefully it's something so simple that the choices already made in regards to Hard Pass don't get reset. Easy for them to patch it then I think

Edited by Optinooby

I just discovered something my fellow gamers regarding "Hard Pass". Take a look very closely at the Tarot Cards. Notice something?? Ah yes one tarot card per chapter has a Crow (a very big picture of a crow). Im going to go out on a limb here an assume we must do something with that Tarot card.

Imma do a run for this and update you all.

Lol i think the guy that got it on PSN got it through pure luck picking the correct vision and doing the opposite. Imagine.

Edited by What_R_Trophies

23 minutes ago, What_R_Trophies said:

I just discovered something my fellow gamers regarding "Hard Pass". Take a look very closely at the Tarot Cards. Notice something?? Ah yes one tarot card per chapter has a Crow (a very big picture of a crow). Im going to go out on a limb here an assume we must do something with that Tarot card.

Lol i think the guy that got it on PSN got it through pure luck picking the correct vision and doing the opposite. Imagine.

That makes total sense. I never noticed the crow on one of the tarot cards if ever on my save everyone playthrough. Will keep an eye out.

13 minutes ago, Apocasy said:

That makes total sense. I never noticed the crow on one of the tarot cards if ever on my save everyone playthrough. Will keep an eye out.

Yea think about it. The whole point of the tarot cards and Eliza is for you the player directing the show to kill all the Hacketts. Her visions lead you down a path ends with all the Hacketts dead. So it makes sense that this trophy is seeing the visions she wants you to do then doing the opposite of it. And the reason why it unlocks at Chapter 8 is because it is no longer possible (i think not 100% sure) after Chapter 8 in a save all to kill all the Hacketts if doing the opposite of the specific tarots she suggests.

44 minutes ago, What_R_Trophies said:

I checked a YouTube video and you’re correct. Not every chapter has one tho I think 2 chapters are missing one with a raven. Because of this my new plan is too now see the fate of all these cards and avoid all events in the raven cards. My only question now is the hanged man card? The one with a man hanging from a rope it’s a scene in chapter 3 now this scene felt like it always plays out like this. Is there a way for this too not happen? Every time I end up hung up on my previous play throughs. 

So just to recap I’m on a fresh save, I’m gonna pick up all cards except the emperor in chapter 8 which the trophy achiever missed too. After finishing a chapter I’m going to upload my save and watch the visions from ALL cards from that specific chapter then I’ll reload my save always choose “move on”. I’m on the screen with Eliza rn on chapter 2 my save is uploaded I’ll watch the vision then reload my save. 

Also the way the community has came together in this is amazing haven’t something this like in a while it’s great! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I checked a YouTube video and you’re correct. Not every chapter has one tho I think 2 chapters are missing one with a raven. Because of this my new plan is too now see the fate of all these cards and avoid all events in the raven cards. My only question now is the hanged man card? The one with a man hanging from a rope it’s a scene in chapter 3 now this scene felt like it always plays out like this. Is there a way for this too not happen? Every time I end up hung up on my previous play throughs. 

Yea im going to do a playthrough and take notes of literally everything. That's what I did for my playthroughs and choices just in case some endings weren't discovered but PowerPyx is pretty fast with it haha. 

As to the Hanged Man thing I do not believe its avoidable and it has two outcomes. You either get blooded by not throwing dirt at the hunter or you throw dirt at the hunter.

And yea I'm trying my best to represent the Steam Hunters out there. Wish there was more of them and more awareness of the websites steam users can utilize for their achievements. :)

10 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

So just to recap I’m on a fresh save, I’m gonna pick up all cards except the emperor in chapter 8 which the trophy achiever missed too. After finishing a chapter I’m going to upload my save and watch the visions from ALL cards from that specific chapter then I’ll reload my save always choose “move on”. I’m on the screen with Eliza rn on chapter 2 my save is uploaded I’ll watch the vision then reload my save. 

One more thing. I think it still worked because the Emperor Tarot Card has a small crow and I believe the correct one in that Chapter is the Empress because it has a much more detailed Crow on it.

17 minutes ago, What_R_Trophies said:

This is the other choice you can make xD but we need to follow as close as possible to the guy that unlocked it already. He kept jacob alive.

if Jacob is dead and you choose Hermit (next Crow one) tarot, it shows Bobby dumping body in to lake! But if Jacob's alive the vision is where he died in beartrap i believe.

• Like 1