Hard to the Core trophy

NTXSNR

8 minutes ago, NTXSNR said:

i read on little nightmares steam forums that you need to do a speed run in under 1 hour, no deaths and no checkpoints.

Yes, but you could use cloud/usb to backup your run.

Backup your save at every end of a chapter of your no death run and if you mess up, you could download your save and continue it that way.

• Like 1

Just now, NTXSNR said:

i did that and it still did not pop why did they even made this trophy in the first place tbh

Yeah i havent got it either yet.

Every time i start a run it just seems so stresfull to rush the game and knowing every little mistake could cost you the trophy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got this on my first try using this AWESOME video guide and believe me when I say I fucked up a lot of times due to the stupid mechanics of the game that don't work all the time! I was so scared I really thought I wasn't gonna make it, I'm curious to see what time I did I'm sure it was 59:00 or worse LMAO.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/07/2022 at 4:43 PM, SirAbaddon said:

... watching a few YT videos and trying to mimic what the person was doing while also make use of the aforementioned cloud backup of the saves...

On 17/08/2022 at 1:46 AM, fresquinho said:

Got this on my first try using this AWESOME video guide...

This is how I deal with speedruns particularly the permadeath ones. Matching what the video is showing will help us see if we are falling behind...  The save scumming reminded me of what I did in Dead Space 2.  This should be interesting and fun!

After powering through the game and DLC chapters yesterday, I must admit this run would've been absolutely godawful without save backups. Nothing about the puzzles, pursuer encounters, or platforming in Little Nightmares is especially difficult, once you know what to expect. No, what actually makes this challenge a headache is:

-Horrendously clunky, unreliable mechanics when it comes to grabbing, pushing, and pulling. Lost count of how many times I exclaimed "grab it, you fucking dumbass!"/"pull it, bitch!"/"What the hell are ya doing? PUSH IT!" at Six and The Kid throughout this game.

-The deranged control scheme—I just love holding square to sprint while simultaneously messing with triggers to crouch or grab, and rocking my thumb down to X for jumping. Feels so natural! ?

-How the 2.5D movement and poor camera angles interact to screw you over. Get used to falling off of narrow beams and pipes, and getting stuck on environmental geometry at the worst possible moments, 'cause it's gonna happen a fair bit.

-Miserly checkpointing. Seeing the autosave icon is no guarantee that you're actually going to start where you left off after exiting to make a backup.

Even so, the time limit isn't as tight as you'd think, provided you learn a few of the speedrun skips linked in this Reddit thread. Several likely aren't worth the risk, but you should be able to perform many of them, with a bit of practice. Between backups, watching one of the videos kindly shared above to prepare yourself for the upcoming section is quite helpful, too. Chapter 3 was the most problematic for me, and where I had to restore from backups a lot. The rest went okay, other than that aggravating tabletop run, where the guests can randomly vacuum grab you.

Relieved to have finished it. An engrossing horror experience, but mechanically, it frustrated me to no end. Hopefully, I'll enjoy the prequel more.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@TalalHmd I also could not get my head around this damn trophy.  I am aware of the save scumming but this trophy does scream bullshit all over it.  I had done speedruns and no death trophies before but the way the game plays and the atrocious controls does not warrant the game devs to add one into this game - they need to provide us with the right tools first.  It is just a proper piss take.  I really have got to get this game going or I am done with all this trophy hunting business.

Had they not combined the speedrun with permadeath, it would have been very manageable, I have done Dead Space 2 - Hard to the Core before and will be very glad to do the German stack all over again.  I had also completed TMNT: Turtles in Time - I Will Survive which also has a no-deaths trophy.  But at least with these ones we can just take our time to play carefully to avoid unnecessary deaths. 

A good example to have these both in the game would be Pinstripe by having split up the Pinstripe God and Speed Demon trophies. But with Little Nightmares - the clunky controls and the terrible depth perception makes it more like a big nightmare than a little one. 

Tarsier Studios must quit taking ganja when brainstorming for trophies and maybe that is exactly what they have done when putting together the sequel.

EDIT: 23.08.2023

Finally... completed this dastardly trophy and the game can now be purged from the console.  Took a while to psyche up myself to do it.

Edited by Eispan
... do not smoke weed when developing games...
  • Like 2

On 6/20/2023 at 7:19 PM, Eispan said:

I had done speedruns and no death trophies before but the way the game plays and the atrocious controls does not warrant the game devs to add one into this game - they need to provide us with the right tools first. 

It's actually a very speedrun friendly game and is quite popular and accepted in the speedrun community. It's not on the popularity levels of minecraft speedrunning or Super Mario, but it's larger or equal to any game in the entire soulslike series which is impressive.

Also, speedrunning with no deaths kinda goes hand in hand. Unless it's a 2+ hour run, a death usually means a restart.

Maybe the dev team, or at least some of them, have an appreciation for speedrunners. I find it easy to see why the trophy is there anyway..

Edit: Just played this game 3months later.

Got it on my second attempt due to being grabbed in a vent by the long arm man and didnt get a chance to pause before the death. The 2nd attempt I did restart checkpoint whenever I fell or thought I was about to die, so I guess it should've been harder if I did it legit, but with the amount of exploits this game has, it shouldn't be an issue in the slightest. Took 65mins with restarting checkpoints.

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 1