Goat Simulator 3

SKiL_Clash

Just now, Darling Baphomet said:

There isn't. I guess it's trying to be funny?

Ah, good! Now I don't have to feel so crazy for not being able to find it on the PS Store, listed on here or PST or even through a Google search. 

• Like 1

Slightly random thought, does this being called Goat Simulator 3 (even though there isn’t a second game) have anything to do with My Name is Mayo releasing a third game. The gameplay is obviously completely different but they’re both basically joke/meme games so maybe they went with 3 instead of 2 because Mayo now has 3 games.

8 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Slightly random thought, does this being called Goat Simulator 3 (even though there isn’t a second game) have anything to do with My Name is Mayo releasing a third game. The gameplay is obviously completely different but they’re both basically joke/meme games so maybe they went with 3 instead of 2 because Mayo now has 3 games.

Nah, I guarantee they went with 3 JUST for the confusion it's inevitably going to cause. 

As for the game...as long as it doesn't have anything like Flappy Goat again, I'm down for it. Goat Simulator was ridiculous, stupid fun for what it was...I was just Flappy Goat that was frustrating enough to ruin it. 

• Like 1

? seriously? This is what Coffee Stain studio decided to pursue?

They could have made a Sanctum 3. Or released the full version (not just the lite version we got) of Sanctum 2 to current gen. Or even introduced the original game to PSN. Anything would be more worthy.

It’s hard not to feel how there has been a hard shift in focus for games being released, from serious, artistic, tactic and skill challenging, to slapstick, easy to consume, and sometimes even randomly generated. Not that gaming is doomed, and I’m sure it’s not a black and white picture for the developer, choosing what to develop. They did have a better choice than this.
The joke was over after the first Mayo, the one goat romp was plenty, and the Pig D and it’s cousins are not fooling anyone (I think). The thing about jokes is they don’t need to be sequelized. Coffee Stain has a real crown jewel on their pedigree and I don’t mean the glorified physics sandbox that is goat simulator. Hahaha that’s so funny ?‍♂️ they skipped the number 2 for 3.

Also, I’m deathly afraid we’ll be treated to some abomination like a first-person-view version of flappy goat. The 2D version was enough.

Sorry if rants are illegal here but once you show the world that you can make an amazing game, you disappoint when your obviously less impressive work gets the promotion and you give that the next generation treatment instead.

Edited by EqualityEarth

Finally a worthy competitor to compete in the GOAT with Mayo 3! (got it? ;p )

The first game was quite fun ngl, and the name "Goat simulator 3" was a great take haha.

Also, flappy goat has never been as difficult as it is reputed to be.

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Finally a worthy competitor to compete in the GOAT with Mayo 3! (got it? ;p )

The first game was quite fun ngl, and the name "Goat simulator 3" was a great take haha.

Also, flappy goat has never been as difficult as it is reputed to be.

Speak for yourself...Flappy Goat kept me from the Platinum for 2 years. Going back every now and then to try again, and even when I finally got it, it wasn't a quick "turned the game on and got it in 1 or 2 shots", it still took me about 2 hours of trying. Flappy Goat is one of the most frustrating trophies I own. 

Absolutely horrible minigame in what is otherwise a simple Platinum.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

1f614.png seriously? This is what Coffee Stain studio decided to pursue?

They could have made a Sanctum 3. Or released the full version (not just the lite version we got) of Sanctum 2 to current gen. Or even introduced the original game to PSN. Anything would be more worthy.

It’s hard not to feel how there has been a hard shift in focus for games being released, from serious, artistic, tactic and skill challenging, to slapstick, easy to consume, and sometimes even randomly generated. Not that gaming is doomed, and I’m sure it’s not a black and white picture for the developer, choosing what to develop. They did have a better choice than this.
The joke was over after the first Mayo, the one goat romp was plenty, and the Pig D and it’s cousins are not fooling anyone (I think). The thing about jokes is they don’t need to be sequelized. Coffee Stain has a real crown jewel on their pedigree and I don’t mean the glorified physics sandbox that is goat simulator. Hahaha that’s so funny ?‍♂️ they skipped the number 2 for 3.

Also, I’m deathly afraid we’ll be treated to some abomination like a first-person-view version of flappy goat. The 2D version was enough.

Sorry if rants are illegal here but once you show the world that you can make an amazing game, you disappoint when your obviously less impressive work gets the promotion and you give that the next generation treatment instead.

I mean since they finished the DLC on Goat Sim 1, they've been working 1st party on a new game, Satisfactory, which is probably a game that's coming to consoles at some point. They also started a Publishing branch, which have done work on both Valheim and Deep Rock Galactic. It seems more like Goat Sim made them enough money that they were basically able to sustain working on multiple projects at a time, so even as a joke game, I can see why it's probably worthy of a sequel in their eyes at least.

Also, not sure if you played the Goat Sim/Payday DLC, but there was a joke in there about Sanctum 3 basically never happening, so I think it's probably safe to say they've moved on by now.

Anyway, Flappy Goat was easy, I hope it's 100 this time

11 hours ago, Viper said:

There's a second game? How was that never mentioned anywhere ever? 

The lack of second part reminds me of that joke from cartoon called "What's With Andy?", when Andy Larkin get 3 small pigs, and draw numbers 1, 2 and 4, and put them in his school, so other students and teacher were searching for pig #3. 

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

The lack of second part reminds me of that joke from cartoon called "What's With Andy?", when Andy Larkin get 3 small pigs, and draw numbers 1, 2 and 4, and put them in his school, so other students and teacher were searching for pig #3. 

LOL also with Leisure Suit Larry 4 when they cancelled it and moved to 5.

Also here in Italy a famous comedian skipped the second season of his TV show because he said it was taped on low-quality videocassettes due to budget constraints xD

Edited by Lance_87