invasion disconnections

melodicmizery

anyone in the past have a problem with disconnects or find a solution? we are playing in a group of 4 and only i get disconnected. ive tried different ps3 consoles, wired, my router isnt going down because i have a internet monitor, im not getting signed out. it just seems to only drop me from the game. it seems to be more so on odd rounds also like round 5. 

All I could think is to change whoever hosts the lobby for your group, the game's connection to other players is peer to peer so you and the host of the lobby might not be getting on too well. It's a longshot but maybe try hosting the lobby yourself too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

All I could think is to change whoever hosts the lobby for your group, the game's connection to other players is peer to peer so you and the host of the lobby might not be getting on too well. It's a longshot but maybe try hosting the lobby yourself too. 

weve tried that and im always the one that gets disconnected unfortunately. and when i host and i drop out it takes everyones loadouts away. ive read in another topic it happened to some guy named king in 2012 but there was never any solution posted. it seems to be picking on me lol. 3 of us are in the same country so were not far. if its peer to peer im not sure why its happening every way even when i host

35 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

weve tried that and im always the one that gets disconnected unfortunately. and when i host and i drop out it takes everyones loadouts away. ive read in another topic it happened to some guy named king in 2012 but there was never any solution posted. it seems to be picking on me lol. 3 of us are in the same country so were not far. if its peer to peer im not sure why its happening every way even when i host

All I could think about after all those options is to play with an open NAT Type on the PS3 (DMZ) which requires you to go into your router settings and disable the firewalls, normally you can access router settings by using your "default gateway" address by typing "ipconfig" into command prompt, then you input your default gateway into a web browser e.g. my default gateway is 192.168.0.1... There's a lot of YouTube videos about accomplishing this such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIrNzgvg0HQ

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sergen said:

All I could think about after all those options is to play with an open NAT Type on the PS3 (DMZ) which requires you to go into your router settings and disable the firewalls, normally you can access router settings by using your "default gateway" address by typing "ipconfig" into command prompt, then you input your default gateway into a web browser e.g. by default gateway is 192.168.0.1... There's a lot of YouTube videos about accomplishing this such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIrNzgvg0HQ

i was messing with the router settings but didnt change the nat yet. ill try that later when everyone isnt playing. i found 2 other solutions, disconnect media server from ps3 settings. also ill try to eliminate the router and just go straight hardwire to the modem and then ill know if its the router. i figured hardwiring the router would be solid enough but maybe not. alot of reviews ive read on every router out there seems to have disconnection issues. i caved in and bought a $150 router to try to fix this problem and 2g seems unstable. it also seem to be happening after the ps3 password change so im not sure if that has anything to do with it. trial and error i guess. i feel more bad for inconvinecing my teammates

edit so i looke din my router settings and found dmz. it seems i can turn dmz on and off for specific devices without altering the ps3 settings. i dunno if that sounds normal? i tried using the numbers in the video but it didnt connect to the network. but in the router settings it lets me just pick the device, and then turn dmz on or off for it instead

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

when i see posts like this im so glad i finally ended this torment. there is no reason to disconnect; this game will simply disconnect you total random. I played the games with my fingers crossed hoping it wouldn't happen again.

5 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i was messing with the router settings but didnt change the nat yet. ill try that later when everyone isnt playing. i found 2 other solutions, disconnect media server from ps3 settings. also ill try to eliminate the router and just go straight hardwire to the modem and then ill know if its the router. i figured hardwiring the router would be solid enough but maybe not. alot of reviews ive read on every router out there seems to have disconnection issues. i caved in and bought a $150 router to try to fix this problem and 2g seems unstable. it also seem to be happening after the ps3 password change so im not sure if that has anything to do with it. trial and error i guess. i feel more bad for inconvinecing my teammates

edit so i looke din my router settings and found dmz. it seems i can turn dmz on and off for specific devices without altering the ps3 settings. i dunno if that sounds normal? i tried using the numbers in the video but it didnt connect to the network. but in the router settings it lets me just pick the device, and then turn dmz on or off for it instead

Just a heads up, no matter what I did with my connection, whether I set up DMZ or disabled the firewall or opened ports - my PS3 still showed NAT 2, but my connection was open. I could even host games like Ghost Recon without any issues

Don't be discouraged by what your PS3 is telling you as log as you set things up correctly, you're fine.

If you are able to just set up DMZ for your PS3 specifically in your router settings then you should be good.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

Just a heads up, no matter what I did with my connection, whether I set up DMZ or disabled the firewall or opened ports - my PS3 still showed NAT 2, but my connection was open. I could even host games like Ghost Recon without any issues

Don't be discouraged by what your PS3 is telling you as log as you set things up correctly, you're fine.

If you are able to just set up DMZ for your PS3 specifically in your router settings then you should be good.

still no dice. i did every single thing possible.
i set the dmz up for both playstations. this helped from being randomly signed out while i had 2 playstations on at the same time but that wasnt a issue during the game. i opened my ports. i turned my router firewall off. i disconnected every device in my house. i hardlined straight to the modem instead of hardline to the router. nothing worked. 2 matches, 2 kick backs to the menu. one while in the lobby pre game and the next one made it to wave 7. my nat switched from 2 to 1 and that didnt make a difference. i only have 3 neighbors so i know its not a channel issue because my analyzer is showing we arent even sharing the same channel if on wifi. no network monitors are saying im offline at all. its just strictly the game hating me. even lets say since its peer 2 peer that it doesnt like who im connected to for some reason, why would it kick me as the host if im hosting instead of them. makes no sense lol. also tried a group of 2 instead of 4 to eliminate that theory.

16 hours ago, kevao97 said:

when i see posts like this im so glad i finally ended this torment. there is no reason to disconnect; this game will simply disconnect you total random. I played the games with my fingers crossed hoping it wouldn't happen again.

im glad you shared this, it helps me know its a problem more so with the game randomly instead of anything on my end

Edited by melodicmizery

so i went and got another router. straight from my cable company and decided to test it. i put my main account and spare account in the same lobby. had my main host. started a stopwatch. 25 minutes in my main dropped out of the match. my alt is still there.

this is just a longshot guess, but it seem the very old og accounts have some gaming issues. after sony had that big hack and went offline years ago it changed some things for me. at the time i was playing bfbc1 constantly. i couldnt login after the hack. i would have to load the game offline. and then once the game was loaded log into psn. this was the only way to get the game to work. didnt make any sense at all. only happened on my main account. i feel like there is some sort of coding for the extremely old accounts that impact some people and well never know what it is. time to time when boosting i cant join friends. it acts as if we arent online at the same time. im in my 3rd different house since i bought ps3 near release day. and 3rd different area. and quit different modem and routers since the beginning. yet i feel plagued by the boosting bug where im unreliable because sony hates me. i reacall godfather being another game i had issues with even though it wasnt a online game i could not start it with its most recent patch. i had to play the game offline on disc. i know ive had this account since before trophies were even on playstation so it was before 2008. *sigh*

• 3 months later...
On 6/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, melodicmizery said:

the game isnt offline, but it seems for certain players it will randomly disconnect them alot. other players seem to have minimal issues

I'm guessing this is same situation with some old games and some network companies on some countries. It was a pain in the ass to get the Rock Band 2 and 3 trophies with one guy on Portugal and it was because of our companies didn't match that well, we had to do a lot of things just to simply play.

Anyways, I'm downloading this game right now and cuz it's peer-to-peer I'll give it a change on the online, any tip?

Edited by Stevieboy

On 10/8/2022 at 1:51 AM, ChristianHenares said:

I'm guessing this is same situation with some old games and some network companies on some countries. It was a pain in the ass to get the Rock Band 2 and 3 trophies with one guy on Portugal and it was because of our companies didn't match that well, we had to do a lot of things just to simply play.

Anyways, I'm downloading this game right now and cuz it's peer-to-peer I'll give it a change on the online, any tip?

not really its all luck based on if you stay connected or not even though its peer to peer. the game seems to just hate certain people. i was the only person in the group it would boot. i got new routers, new modems, did all sorts of settings on my router, i tried hosting, i tried playing with all my own consoles and it still kicked me when i was on my own network. its either going to let you play or it isnt. i eventually had to throw in the towel and give up. at my previous house years ago when i had a apartment that connection let me play but i never fully finished with that group. so i have no clue. i got internet connection monitors i bought and everything. new lines installed all the way to the pole. 

as for game tips, it seems in invasion the host will get attacked the most by enemies which is odd. have a good team who knows what they are doing. i only got to do one level we set 2 player on one side and 2 on the other side but i either got kicked on wave 1 or wave 7 and no one else. my particular group did it with 3 people finishing without me so thats possible but they were very good

Edited by melodicmizery

• 7 months later...

@melodicmizery I have the exact same problem right now and can't do shit against it. As I see you've already tried a lot of things, so did I. Did you try to play on a different network on someone else's house? That's what I try next because I have the feeling everything related to my network and my router settings wont help for this random communication errors. For me it's disconnecting after maybe one hour, two times when we were in wave 28 so that's odd. My group couldn't play further than wave 31 because after clearing the last area enemies didn't want to spawn anymore.

11 hours ago, Schivorer said:

@melodicmizery I have the exact same problem right now and can't do shit against it. As I see you've already tried a lot of things, so did I. Did you try to play on a different network on someone else's house? That's what I try next because I have the feeling everything related to my network and my router settings wont help for this random communication errors. For me it's disconnecting after maybe one hour, two times when we were in wave 28 so that's odd. My group couldn't play further than wave 31 because after clearing the last area enemies didn't want to spawn anymore.

i havent tried playing at a different house but the thought crossed my mind. but i moved out of town so it would take me a hour to go back to where i use to live and use my moms internet since im in the country now lol. ive tried to recall when i first played the very first boost session before the last one i mentioned and i dont think i had many connection issues back then in my old area because i have alot of weapon kills so i dont think i was kicked out of regular matches. and i remember playing one or 2 games of invasion and we got very close to the end but the 3 of us couldnt make it. so location may be a factor for some odd reason. i ended up returning my new routers and modems and getting the cable companies free modem and renting their router because my internet still was boggy after my last post. and then with their equipment it was still having very odd drops where my modem and router would stay lit but my pc internet program monitor would show disconnections. so i called again and i finally got someone who said everything basically on the screen on their end said my entire configuration in their computer was screwed up. i had another cable guy come out and this guy really knew what he was doing and talking about. he said he was training to be a higher level tech so he had more experience then the other installers who just are trained the basic stuff. whatever he did ive barely had a internet drop anywhere. i know he said he disabled the wifi hotspot because i have a church on each side of my home and he said perhaps the traffic from the buildings was bouncing off the hotspot and messing with me. he also said the model modem (or router i cant remember) was not a good model at all and gave me a new one. he said they run with 4 or 5 different models and some are complete garbage. im a bit curious if the stuff he did would help my situation now. if not then im pretty sure nothing will. i mean i completely changed EVERYTHING at this point. the only thing left would be to check the nodes on the poles farther down in the city and see if something is happening there. most people use phone internet and not pc or not trophy hunters so they dont even realize the drops and disconnections if they do have them because they dont play as much. they told me no one else in the area is complaining i said yah because my neighbors are in their 70s lol. the only thing i can suggest is caving in and using their equipment because then they cant make excuses on your equipment to fix anything. you can say this is your equipment so the problem is theirs to fix instead of them brushing off the problem on your equipment might not be working right

11 hours ago, Schivorer said:

also i do believe we had a spawn issue in the one small area i cant remember the name inside the halls or whatever. i think the enemy was stuck and we had to find him or course him out to spawn

Edited by melodicmizery

• 8 months later...

We had issues within my group and still are it seems to be with NA and EU players if we have 4 players with same version playing invasion it cut down on the disconnects but we still had some but not as much

Some months ago when I played it, we had a NA player and no problems with disconnections. In all the months we played, we had maybe only around three disconnections. It always happened when other groups also started playing.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:06 PM, WeeJ87 said:

We had issues within my group and still are it seems to be with NA and EU players if we have 4 players with same version playing invasion it cut down on the disconnects but we still had some but not as much

i gave up. i really put alot of time into it. i have a all new internet system though so maybe itll work now i dunno. i did have some internet issues at some point the buildings near me were opening my house as a hot spot to chain off of or something i cant remember but it took a high level tech out to my house to fix my internet from doing weird stuff. im curious now if it fixed this issue or not. its such a drag though to get to wave 10 etc and disconnect and let the whole team down and waste so much time testing it

17 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i gave up. i really put alot of time into it. i have a all new internet system though so maybe itll work now i dunno. i did have some internet issues at some point the buildings near me were opening my house as a hot spot to chain off of or something i cant remember but it took a high level tech out to my house to fix my internet from doing weird stuff. im curious now if it fixed this issue or not. its such a drag though to get to wave 10 etc and disconnect and let the whole team down and waste so much time testing it

Yip i feel ur pain we had a guy disconnect on wave40 2nite :(

7 hours ago, WeeJ87 said:

Yip i feel ur pain we had a guy disconnect on wave40 2nite :(

i literally said out loud "oh no!" when i read that. i have one theory, when ps3 had that hack that one time when they went offline and gave us those free games like dead nation etc years ago, when it came back online my main account was never the same. it always had some sort of disconnection issue. when iw ould play battlefield after that time i couldnt even login into the game, i had to start the game offline, and then go online when the game was loaded. the same happened with frozen freefall. i had other games do stuff like that to me that doesnt happen to alot of people. im wondering if very old accounts made pre sony being hacked were impacted somehow. because this is still the original name i made since before sony even had a trophy system. but i dunno i could be wrong. im wondering if that person has a old account

9 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i literally said out loud "oh no!" when i read that. i have one theory, when ps3 had that hack that one time when they went offline and gave us those free games like dead nation etc years ago, when it came back online my main account was never the same. it always had some sort of disconnection issue. when iw ould play battlefield after that time i couldnt even login into the game, i had to start the game offline, and then go online when the game was loaded. the same happened with frozen freefall. i had other games do stuff like that to me that doesnt happen to alot of people. im wondering if very old accounts made pre sony being hacked were impacted somehow. because this is still the original name i made since before sony even had a trophy system. but i dunno i could be wrong. im wondering if that person has a old account

Am not sure he was with a friend of mine that i am helping with invasion he has been trophy hunting for 15+ years so it prob is an og account

• Like 1