Reinvigorated in the Grind

altStrafe

Hello everybody! I am a new poster in these forums but trophy hunting is an old hobby of mine. I remember grinding Quantum of Solace, Uncharted 2 & 3 along with Infamous (which I got for free from Sony after the 2011 PSN outage) on PS3 on an older account. No guides, just a teenager with too much free time on the weekend. I left my PS3 when I built my PC in 2015 and rarely dipped my toes back in the PS universe only for Competitive CoD when it switched to PS4 from XB1 during the Black Ops 3 season (up to Black Ops 4, I played MW2019 on PC) along with key exclusives (Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy and Modern Warfare remastered to be specific). I picked up a PS4 Slim around 2017 and created my new and current account that I main (RIP all the PS3 multiplayer trophies that are now unobtainable). I made my new account before PlayStation announced the ID name change feature, oh well.

I got the small bug for trophy-hunting again when I got my first platinum on Uncharted 2 in the Nathan Drake Collection and I decided to plat the other 2 in the OG trilogy before taking on Uncharted 4. I then went back to my PS3 and got the Sly Cooper Collection, platinum-ing the first series I've ever became invested in back on PS2 (which still runs since I got it, about 21 years later!). I decided to go back to PC for a majority of my gaming when I was upgraded to a GTX 1080Ti and a 1440p 165hz panel. My gaming library involved FPS games like Ranked CS:GO, BF4, Casual R6 Siege, and mainly CoD pubs. With the current state of the PC part market and CoD multiplayer losing its luster, I focused my next gaming purchases towards a PS5 Disc Edition and an LG C1 OLED to switch it up.

Now here I am, with a next-gen console and a TV to bask in its visual fidelity. I just needed to find time on my schedule to be able to grind these trophies and unwind ("grind" and "unwind" would sometimes be mutually exclusive but I enjoy the journey). That's where my torn ACL comes in. I tore it around early March playing tennis and had the repair surgery around 6 weeks ago. During those 6 weeks stuck at home I've been grinding platinum trophies, achieving them in Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, Days Gone, and both Spider-Man games in that order. Adam McDermott's "Platinum Journey" series on YouTube and this website got me really hooked.

What is the most memorable/meaningful platinum I got? That would have to be Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. I earned it the 2 weeks between graduating college and shipping out for pilot training, earning it the day I got to my station. A great way to cap off the game that initially inspired me to become a military aviator. Is Ace Combat 7 on the Platinum menu? I am not sure, the multiplayer trophies turn me off from achieving it honestly.

TL;DR I got back into Trophy Hunting because I am salty about GPU pricing, PC gaming got stale to me, and I tore my ACL.

• Like 2