Collectibles: The Video Game

JEDLander

Completely agree. Steer clear of this game if you anywhere remotely don't like collectibles. What a pain in the ass.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Laughed a lot. Still love the game tho.

Atmosphere is fantastic, gameplay is fun and actually most of the Collectibles give enjoyable context if you like to read them, and backgroundinfo on the urban legends, also the streets of tokyo are great (enspecially with 3d audio)

And it is still something else then always the same manhatten or at least american city in all those other games. 

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhuntres
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2022 at 4:55 PM, Aferaos said:

You said everything. The feeling for the map is good, but everything else (especially the collectibles) needed a little more flair.
I've already listened to dozens of podcasts while collecting the collectibles and I'm close to giving up.

I suggest you to finish the story first, you’ll get a trinket that makes it easier to collect the spirits. Prioritize upgrading levitation and unlocking the ability that lets you call that flying creature anytime you want. 

Also, there’s a link to an interactive collectibles map somewhere in another thread. 

• Like 2

On 16/09/2022 at 6:27 PM, alexwise said:

I suggest you to finish the story first, you’ll get a trinket that makes it easier to collect the spirits. Prioritize upgrading levitation and unlocking the ability that lets you call that flying creature anytime you want. 

Also, there’s a link to an interactive collectibles map somewhere in another thread. 

I will try, thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 4:55 PM, Aferaos said:

You said everything. The feeling for the map is good, but everything else (especially the collectibles) needed a little more flair.
I've already listened to dozens of podcasts while collecting the collectibles and I'm close to giving up.

123 collectibles were admittedly a bit much (especially those tiny handful in "non-map" areas like various houses or the Shibuya Underground) ? Finding spirits was okay, thanks to that spirit bracelet and its blue streak always pointing to the closest one. Would've been nice to see a similar power to locate all them relics, Jizo statues, and tanukis (which were in areas where you couldn't pray for their  exact location). Overall, though, a cracking sandbox that - even as-is - did a jolly good job in enticing players into that "gotta catch 'em all" mood. With minor touches here and there, would love to see more!

• 1 month later...

Lol, what a great post.

finished the game a long while ago, but was advising a friend this week as to whether to start playing or not. I couldn’t remember much of the game other than remembering I absolutely hated the collectibles in this. I wasn’t sure if I was being fair to the game or not as it has been a number of plats ago now that I played, so came here to check out what was being said and this post made me feel vindicated lol

...the blue lines bit got me the most. That’s what I remembered. Wasting time (so much time) looking for blue things on the screen. The sheer volume is just so grossly misjudged by the developers.

someone else mentioned ac Valhalla. Yeah, that is probably longer and more painful, but just something about Ghostwire set up makes the task seem that much more dull and slow somehow