Assist mode incoming platinum gonna be more achievable

Leo-Luster-Pow

No blood mode... Mark my words, in 15 years, Doom Maternal is gonna have an option to turn the guns into flowers and every horror game will have a "no scare" mode. 

Was the game really that hard? I was planning on playing it butb it got removed from PS Now. From what I read back then it didn't seem that difficult. 

• Like 3

There may disable trophies here. They already added something in an update a while back, I forget what it was, but it made something easier and apparently you cant get a trophy if it's on......

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

• Adjustable trap damage, enemy damage, and enemy health in % increments
  • Option for slower parry window and trap speed

no way does this not disable trophies right?

btw its not in alpha anymore on pc its in beta as of may 3rd iirc so this update could be close

Edited by Teh_Zombz

• 2 weeks later...

The Accessibility update is now live :). EDIT: From the official patch notes "We are also not disabling achievements for players who use these options". Also, "The only area that it would have affected other players is the Daily Challenge leaderboard, here we have prevented scores from being registered if players are using Assist Mode".

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/588650?updates=true&emclan=103582791457372069&emgid=3346752589077077087

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

From a selfish point of view I don't like when games adds easy modes, because I am weak and will eventually turn it on. 

Celeste is a good example. I loved the challenging gameplay and would have spend a lot of time on that game, but when I hit a difficulty spike, it didn't take long before I turned assist mode on, and after the first time, it gets harder and harder to resist. I'm sure I would have done the same for all the harder of my 100% games if I had the chance and I wouldn't have any plats to be proud of. 

I know that this is my own problem, but this is why I prefer games without easy mode. I was actually planning to play dead cells very soon, but I might skip it if this trivializes the play.

• Like 4

On 12/06/2022 at 0:35 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

When they say players with "disabilities" I think they mean trophy hunters that want all their plats with minimal effort as dead cells was more of a steep learning curve and not difficult to the point that it needed to be addressed. 

Autism can actually make dudes more dedicated to challenging shit in video games in many cases.

Edited by BrettyBoy

I really like the assist mode so far.

Because, as much as I like the game, I was never able to finish it with more than 2 BSC. The difficulty was too much for me.

now I can give it another chance.

And I dont care about some people "cheater!". I find it enjoyable this way.

• Like 3

Well, "Continue mode" was basically already in game if you went through an effort to backup your save to a different slot. It doesn't change much. 
My only gripe is with these two settings:

Enemies Health

Option to lower health of enemies in increments of 2.5% to a minimum of 20%.

Enemies damage

Option to lower the damage done by enemies in increments of 2.5% to a minimum of 20%.

Honestly, should have been 50% health/damage minimun in my opinion. Another good way would be to let you set 20% damage(maybe even 10%) but not health. Because 20% of Enemy Heath is some kind of twisted joke considering how fast everything melts usually. And if this doesn't disable trophies why aspects do? Nothing there give you that much advantage.

31 minutes ago, Smash41 said:

What sort of time and difficulty are we looking at now for the Plat?

Dunno about time but difficulty is somewhere between 2 and 3 if you make enemies 5 times weaker. 

Edited by Akrioz

17 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Absolutely.

By a vast, vast magnitude, in fact.

Depending on which estimates you take, anywhere from 2500 - 6500 times the magnitude.

This is the premier trophy hunting site on the internet, and it tracks around 447,300 profiles. 

That's out of approximately 106,000,000 total PSN accounts.

That means we represent around 0.004% of the game playing Sony clientele.

Depending on the source you choose to take, estimates are that somewhere between 10% and 26% of all people have some form of physical impairment or disability.

Anyone who thinks these kind of accessibility changes are made in order to make our socks roll up and down is simply deluding themselves.

The devs don't care about our money - in most cases, they already have it... and frankly, 0.004% of gamers is a mustard burp in a zeppelin to them.

It's nothing. A statistical Zero.

What they want, is the 10-26%. The folks who might be more inclined to buy a game if it had some options available to let them enjoy it the way we do. 

And frankly, that is not something they should feel wrong or weird for expecting, in this day and age.

Very sloppy use of statistics.  

447,300 / 106,000,000 is not 0.004% but closer to 0.04% which is a big difference.

Using population-wide overall disability % doesn’t make sense in this context given the different types of disabilities. A walking impairment, for example, would not necessarily impact one’s ability to enjoy difficult games.

Moreover, it would make more sense to compare % of disabled gamers among the 106,000,000 PSN members if you are to compare it to trophy website members out of the same 106,000,000 population.

You might come to the same conclusion in the end, but the 2,500 - 6,500 more disabled to people enjoying difficult trophy lists is a huge exaggeration. 

4 minutes ago, SkippiesBar said:

447,300 / 106,000,000 is not 0.004% but closer to 0.04% which is a big difference.

1% of 100 mils is 1 mil. 447000 is ~0,45%. How do you two get 0,04 or even 0,004?

Accessibility settings are mostly fine here except for overkill I explained in previous post. At least they did not make you outright invulnerable but it is pretty close. 

• Like 1