Save deleted thanks to game crash

37 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

How exactly did the game crash delete your cloud save?

Normally I’d recommend having cloud save auto-upload enabled to protect against this exact situation. A game crash that corrupts data should only affect the local save data on your machine and not your backup in the cloud.

I was doing trophy Lungs of Steel and when I killed the last I just left scope, game tried to save and the trophy poped at the same time and it was maybe enough for game to crash. 

16 hours ago, Knispel_1940 said:

I was doing trophy Lungs of Steel and when I killed the last I just left scope, game tried to save and the trophy poped at the same time and it was maybe enough for game to crash. 

Yeah it’s odd that your cloud save disappeared though. Unless you accidentally uploaded the corrupted data after it happened?

38 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah it’s odd that your cloud save disappeared though. Unless you accidentally uploaded the corrupted data after it happened?

PS+ is stupid at times, it will upload corrupted game saves.  A friend had it happen with Rayman Legends, game crashed, save corrupted and it auto uploaded the corrupted save.

2 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

PS+ is stupid at times, it will upload corrupted game saves.  A friend had it happen with Rayman Legends, game crashed, save corrupted and it auto uploaded the corrupted save.

Damn that’s brutal. I’ve been lucky I guess, haven’t had anything like that happen to me. It only seems to ever upload to the cloud when I put it in rest mode, which is obviously try to avoid if there had been a crash or save file corruption. The backups have saved my ass more than once though so I really love this feature.

• 1 year later...

I think this has just happened to me, the game crashes after opening before even getting to the main menu, I managed to get to the menu once and after pressing continue all my progress is missing. 
I tried to load my game and it crashed again, I’m just going to delete and reinstall the game to see if that helps then the next step will be deleting my save and starting again, I was about 10 hours in so I’m just hoping this doesn’t happen again 

• Like 1