Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Key Features

• Demons in the Kingdom – A dark fantasy set during the chaotic Three Kingdoms period, the narrative vividly tells the tale of a militia soldier’s strenuous fight for survival during a Later Han Dynasty infested with demons. It’s madness in the Three Kingdoms like never before!
  • Awaken the Power – Defeat deadly enemies to boost morale and awaken the power from within! Overcome adversity through unique new strategies, including battle styles based on the “Five Phases.”
  • Live by the Sword – Renowned for ruthless strikes that can change the tide of battle in an instant, sword practitioners of the Chinese martial arts gracefully change pace as they shift between offensive and defensive maneuvers. Overwhelm opponents with a flurry of force in a series of intense and bloody battles while learning the precision and skill necessary to become a true master of the sword.

Enter the Dark Fantasy World of Team NINJA's Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

A joint creation by Team NINJA producers Fumihiko Yasuda (Nioh) and Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne), Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty follows the dramatic, action-packed story of a nameless militia soldier fighting for survival in a dark fantasy version of the Later Han Dynasty where demons plague the Three Kingdoms.

Players will fight off deadly creatures and enemy soldiers using swordplay based on the Chinese martial arts, attempting to overcome the odds by awakening the true power from within when Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty launches in early 2023.

Gematsu says the game is coming to PlayStation consoles

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Is Soulslike Set in Feudal China – An Exclusive Interview with Team NINJA

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

I am really intrigued since I've been loving the Team Ninja releases these past few years. But yeah would really like to see some gameplay. Curious if it's going to be built off the mechanics of Nioh (like Stranger of Paradise was) or if they're going a different direction with it. 

• Like 1

Interesting interview, it sounds like this will be at a halfway point between Ni-oh and Ninja Gaiden. A bit faster paced combat with less or no  emphasis on stamina control. 

Also liked to hear that there will be less loot drops from enemies, Ni-oh had way too much useless equipment.

• Like 2

Nioh is actually one of my favorite loot games, they nail itemization really well. But while I do love it, sometimes the loot aspect of the game can be pretty exhausting if you're really trying to min/max your build at endgame. So I really have no problem with them toning that down to just focus on making a great action game since the combat is the main draw for me.

Also I really like how much they're talking up the martial arts influence. We got a slight taste of it with the fist weapons in Nioh 2 (which I absolutely love) so them making a whole game based around that style of play sounds awesome. Also not sure if it's mentioned in the video (as I read the article instead) but sounds like there will be a demo sooner rather than later. Not surprising with how they handled Nioh and Stranger, but good to hear since I really wanna play the game lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is Playable at Tokyo Game Show 2022

A Special Program airs on September 16th, showcasing live gameplay from Team Ninja's action title and announcing a new title from Gust.

https://gamingbolt.com/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-is-playable-at-tokyo-game-show-2022

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/tgs/index.html

This will probably be a day one for me. I like the Nioh series, and trust Team Ninja to come up with another winner. They've been doing well since Ninja Gaiden 2 (especially the original Xbox 360 version, which I'd have liked to see along with Sigma 2 in NGMC).

I don't mind if they cut down on the loot. In Nioh a lot of it I often disassemble, offer to the Kodama (in N2 it's not just about amrita, the divine rice comes in handy if you need to restock ammo), or sell to the Senjis.

It would've been nice to see them try an open world (Elden Ring) structure though. Looks like it'll be level based like Nioh. From the interview, it seems there is some penalty for dying other than just losing souls/amrita and having to go retrieve them (maybe tied in with the morale system). I'm sure there will be some emphasis on stamina control, just maybe with a lower Ki cost per attack or a faster recovery.

Yamagiwa said:

“We wanted to create a type of strategism with adversity as its theme. You gain something by defeating a strong enemy, but the same can be said for when an enemy kills the player. The balance between strength changes whenever someone dies.”

On 8/27/2022 at 7:28 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

I want something on the Ninja Gaiden level of difficulty, however. Nioh is far too easy. 

It's because you're that good. ? My respect for your skills.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

I respect your gaming skills but no thanks 

1 minute ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

It's because you're that good. 1f642.png My respect for your skills.

Don't know what to say - thank you.

Team NINJA can still make damn fun games - but I would really like for them to focus on what made them excellent. They had it right with Ninja Gaiden. Anyway, I liked Nioh as well. I'd say they're even better than Souls games; but I'm really craving something challenging. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice trailer, thanks for posting. Some new footage there and the first look at the character creator. Looks like an updated version of the Nioh 2 character creator, which is fantastic (albeit expected).

We'll be getting a ton of info/impressions tomorrow I'm sure, and hopefully also a date for the demo/beta.

DEMO version is available right now in PSN

for 10 days

16 september - 26 september

357nf71.png

Tokyo Game Show stream (English dubbed)

Wo Long starts at 32:00 min.

Edited by ziggypossum
GO PLAY THE DEMO!
  • Like 2