Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Just finished the Demo , wasnt to hard but still good challenge . But mostly because i had to get used to the Spirit system. If you realise the balance between the red and blue are is key than you breeze through the stage .

Boss was pretty good, took me fewer tries than i thought it will.

Only thing i kinda felt wierd was the healing . It felt like it often didnt register my imput for healing or it took to long .  Maybe there is a catch to it but it felt like i died way to often trying to heal in fight . Nioh was way faster and i enjoyed the healing more.

But this game is very very fun after getting used to the dodge/deflect / spirit system.

• Like 3

Yeah seems like you can't buffer the input for healing at all, have to wait until you're completely out of an animation. I resorted to just mashing the button until it happened.

Overall the game is pretty dang fun, the spirit meter is a unique twist on a guard break/stagger system and way more engaging than the usual stuff you see. Understanding how to balance it at any given time seems really important if you want to kill anything in a timely manner.

My first impression of the game was actually negative tbh since I was expecting something closer to Nioh. But once I got past that and played the game how it wanted to be played I had a lot of fun.

• Like 3

Good demo. Combat is very fast paced even more so than Nioh, I like that there isnt a stamina bar and that the game rewards aggressiveness.

I do think healing takes a bit too long and the input seems to be hit or miss, also some of the bigger moves (red) are a bit hard to read due to too many effects.The devs said there would be less useless equipment in this but it seems about same as Nioh so far.

The boss was a fun fight, you can pretty much stun lock the first phase with a Glaive and Martial Arts but the second was much tougher with some hard attacks to counter.

Overall a really good experience and will most likely get it.

I enjoyed the demo overall but yeah, the healing feels super slow after playing Steelrising and even Team Ninja's last game, Stranger of Paradise. I much prefer the rapid healing and making a game of this type a bit more difficult in other areas to compensate. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12.6.2022 at 8:15 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Key Features

• Demons in the Kingdom – A dark fantasy set during the chaotic Three Kingdoms period, the narrative vividly tells the tale of a militia soldier’s strenuous fight for survival during a Later Han Dynasty infested with demons. It’s madness in the Three Kingdoms like never before!
  • Awaken the Power – Defeat deadly enemies to boost morale and awaken the power from within! Overcome adversity through unique new strategies, including battle styles based on the “Five Phases.”
  • Live by the Sword – Renowned for ruthless strikes that can change the tide of battle in an instant, sword practitioners of the Chinese martial arts gracefully change pace as they shift between offensive and defensive maneuvers. Overwhelm opponents with a flurry of force in a series of intense and bloody battles while learning the precision and skill necessary to become a true master of the sword.

Gematsu says the game is coming to PlayStation consoles

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Is Soulslike Set in Feudal China – An Exclusive Interview with Team NINJA

Woow this looks interesting ? this might be release buy tho. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Trophy List Revealed

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has a total of 51 Trophies (values currently unknown).

Below you can find the full Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty trophy list.

https://www.powerpyx.com/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-trophy-list-revealed/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A demo is available from Feb. 24 through March 26, 2023 across all systems including Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, and on PC via Windows and Steam®

ITw7K5t.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 2

I've tried some of the demo up until the first boss, and so far I like it. The change is good... it's not just Nioh in China. There are some similarities but it feels new. Stamina (Ki) has been 86ed, allowing for rushdown tactics. I didn't really miss the 3-stance system.

Spirit replaces Ki. Light attacks don't deplete spirit, but the strong ones will. So do the weapons' Martial Arts and your Wizardry spells. If the red side of the spirit bar fills up, you're winded. More blue means strong hits and fatals do more damage.

Between Wo Long and Nioh, I don't really prefer one over the other. Both have their merits. WL seems on par with Nioh 2 in quality.

• Like 4