Barn Finders Coming June 17th

DrakeHellsing

https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/concept/10003542

The game from Steam, Barn Finders is finally coming to consoles on June 17th. It's for PlayStation, Xbox and Switch. Not sure if PS4 or PS5 for us guys, or both. As on the Steam page, it only says "PlayStation". But hey, still good news to those that have either played it on Steam, or now want to play it (like myself).

No word on price, as is shows that it's there as "Announced" with no actual price. But I'll assume it's around the same as the Steam store has it. Maybe slightly more.

20 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

It's out now... No trophies though... Even after launching the game, nothing shows up on my list. Not even the error saying it can't sync because trophies don't exist. Nothing.

Have you tried looking in your trophy collection whilst not connected to PSN?

I'm unsure about this one. Just watched a review that laid it out as boring and repetitive, and the footage backed those sentiments up. For the right price, I'm willing to buy and play a brainless psuedo clicker, so perhaps in a future sale I'll nab it. That also depends on the price at launch as well. Seems like a ten-dollar game to me.

I played this a lot on Steam and enjoyed it. It has DLC there and quite a bit to do. Not sure if that’s all in the base PS version or separately later. I liked this game, found it funny, and will get it on PS4 also if a decent port.

21 minutes ago, xKiranaifu said:

confirm there are 0 trophies

Doesn't Sony require all modern PS4 (and 5) games to have trophies? Not including some old re-released titles. I think I read that somewhere. But I'm not 100% on that.

So they have either changed that rule or the list will be up later for some reason. If there is genuinely nothing it's a shame. I stuck it on my wish-list when I spotted it. Remembered Markiplier playing it and it looked like a good laugh.

Edited by TheLivingGlitch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheLivingGlitch said:

Doesn't Sony require all modern PS4 (and 5) games to have trophies? Not including some old re-released titles. I think I read that somewhere. But I'm not 100% on that.

I thought that as well, as I heard another Youtuber (Mystic) say that a couple of times. I even searched the game on here before buying but I thought it wasn't on here yet bc it just released :) Well I was wrong, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLivingGlitch said:

Yes. They are mandatory. Recently Sony has stated that upcoming PS1/PSP offerings on the new PS Plus do not require trophies to be added (although some will arrive with retroactively added trophy support), but no where do they state that the requirement for PS4/5 games to have trophies has changed.

Every game i have noted as arriving without a trophy list always has one arrive shortly thereafter - in fact the 'Game of Life 2' had none for a hour or so lat night. While I don't know any, I believe any game without a list is a developer issue, and not fixed by the developer.

As to this game - it has Steam achievements, it has Xbox achievements (I believe this is also mandatory), both seem to be working, which points to an in game issue for the PS version on PSN.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WangKeRui said:

Yes. They are mandatory.

Had a feeling that was the case. Thanks for confirming.

I did see the Xbox and steam achievements. So I thought we would get them sooner or later. It's possible they could be addressing some bugs when it comes to trophy popping. Or some might need changing because of Sony's TOS.

1 hour ago, TheLivingGlitch said:

It's possible they could be addressing some bugs when it comes to trophy popping. Or some might need changing because of Sony's TOS.

As I understand it, these issues are related to an internal issue in the game with syncing the list, or just not uploading, or not uploading correctly the trophy list to PSN.

Biggest issue is, does this point to other issues in the game on PlayStation? How fast they fix this will have some bearing on how fast they make fix other issues. Even the cheapest cut 'n' run developers seem to be able to manager not to break the trophy list  most of the time, I expect more from a developer of this status.

Have contacted the developer 'Duality Games' via their website (Polish? So not sure how that may go), and on FaceBook (they posted in the last few days and yesterday about console release), someone else had already told them on FB, but I also posted the issue too. Not sure if telling 'PlayWay' (publisher) may help or not, currently they have not even mentioned this games release to console on their FB page, and they tend to be fairly active on FB.

5 hours ago, WangKeRui said:

Yes. They are mandatory. Recently Sony has stated that upcoming PS1/PSP offerings on the new PS Plus do not require trophies to be added (although some will arrive with retroactively added trophy support), but no where do they state that the requirement for PS4/5 games to have trophies has changed.

Every game i have noted as arriving without a trophy list always has one arrive shortly thereafter - in fact the 'Game of Life 2' had none for a hour or so lat night. While I don't know any, I believe any game without a list is a developer issue, and not fixed by the developer.

I have read that as well multiple times. It just seems that there is a rare exception for whatever reason. The game “Silk” was released a few months ago and doesn’t have trophies, as far as I’m aware. It does have achievements on other platforms, though. 

1 minute ago, LifeInTheFactory said:

I have read that as well multiple times. It just seems that there is a rare exception for whatever reason. The game “Silk” was released a few months ago and doesn’t have trophies, as far as I’m aware. It does have achievements on other platforms, though. 

Silk is a non-syncer, thus you have to contact the devs and remind them to upload the list to the trophy servers. It sounds like this game might be the same so it doesn't hurt to contact the devs and ask them what's going on :).

Unless the game is an app or VR 'Experience', they have to have trophies. You're not seeing any because they're not yet live on the server - sometimes the devs forget to activate them.

Tweet or email the dev and they'll turn them on. In the meantime, turn off the network on your console and you'll be able to see the trophies just fine. If you're on a PS4, you can just hold the PS button to bring up the control panel, go up to the name of the game, and you'll see the trophies there as well.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:33 AM, HuntingFever said:

Have you tried looking in your trophy collection whilst not connected to PSN?

Yes, it doesn't create any trophies at all.

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

Unless the game is an app or VR 'Experience', they have to have trophies. You're not seeing any because they're not yet live on the server - sometimes the devs forget to activate them.

Tweet or email the dev and they'll turn them on. In the meantime, turn off the network on your console and you'll be able to see the trophies just fine. If you're on a PS4, you can just hold the PS button to bring up the control panel, go up to the name of the game, and you'll see the trophies there as well.

I did that, I know how to look for offline trophies. I am saying they are missing 100%

Devs have announced on Twitter they are aware and are working on a patch to fix this.

Edited by Spraragen88

The animation and setting/atmosphere look good but the gameplay might be quite boring from what I can tell in the preview video.  

Funding junk in barns, restoring it, and selling it is the main gameplay?  Probably not for me.

20 minutes ago, djb5f said:

The animation and setting/atmosphere look good but the gameplay might be quite boring from what I can tell in the preview video.  

Funding junk in barns, restoring it, and selling it is the main gameplay?  Probably not for me.

Depends on what you think of simulator games. Most sim fans would embrace the gameplay but even then it’s a simulator AND a satire of hillbilly America so it’s verryyy niche. I can see how it wouldn’t be for everyone. I thought it was fun customizing the shop, rebuilding the car, assembling, exploring each location for stuff, etc, but if games like Gas Station Simulator are not your thing, Barn Finders won’t be either.

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

Depends on what you think of simulator games. Most sim fans would embrace the gameplay but even then it’s a simulator AND a satire of hillbilly America so it’s verryyy niche. I can see how it wouldn’t be for everyone. I thought it was fun customizing the shop, rebuilding the car, assembling, exploring each location for stuff, etc, but if games like Gas Station Simulator are not your thing, Barn Finders won’t be either.

yes exactly, I am definitely not into Sims.  I find them tedious.  Doing Conan Exiles even via the Dev Commands was excruciating painful and more recently, Subnautica Below Zero while more passable, was not my idea of fun.  ? 

I do think the setting of rural America is pretty cool/unique.

Thanks who ever made the Twitter contact, I was unable to, due to not using it. I did contact via FaceBook (others since, and they did respond on FaceBook too) and Duality Games (developer) via their website.

So, yes a hopefully short waiting game - seems to be this developers first PlayStation game (they have a couple of others beyond this one on Steam), hopefully they can discover what they did wrong quickly.

I can confirm the game does have trophies as I've earned a few already but there are issues with syncing that the devs are working on. If you need a list so you know what to aim for it's the same list as on steam (minus the DLC achievements since that isn't out on PlayStation yet).

Tip for anyone who starts to play - never destroy every single box in a level once you unlock the axe - keep 3-4 around. There are some collectables that need you to go climbing around onto rooftops etc and it's much easier to do if you can build a stairway from boxes. I don't think anything is truly miss-able but some items are much harder to reach without boxes. 

EDIT: It's all fixed now!

Edited by raz_lintu
  • Like 2