Boost bicycle kick?

berto113

Is it possible to boost this?  I have played way too many matches against 60-70 teams through squads over the last week with no luck.  Probably hit 100 flares and scorpion kicks over this time.  Is there a specific formation that works better?  Went and got Lukaku, which seems to have helped, but still nothing.  About ready to just give up.

Yeah, I had the same problems.  I apologize in advance as my soccer terminology is elementary.  What I found worked the best was to take a player with the ball into the box then exit near the top of the box.  That would typically bring a defender away from the box and create a little space for the remaining teammates (teams ranked over 60 would give quite as much room).  I would then do the high cross?? (R1 + square with not much power at all).  That seemed to result in a lot of bicycle kicks, but it took awhile for all things to align to actual score a goal.  Hopefully this is helpful and good luck.  Just started going for the back heel pass, so not quite done with this game.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I got this recently. I found what helped me was to turn off 'auto-shot' in the settings as that adjust players to shoot contextually within their position in the game. I found after that I was pulling off more overhead kicks. I also found it to be easier online as the AI would be pretty static in defence. Fast transitions and counter attacks helped. Should also add in the custom tactics make sure the players are going in the box. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is how I got the backheel assist and bicycle kick goal done in Squad Battles:

{Phase 1} -- I just winged it... got nowhere

{Phase 2} -- Tweaked formation so that I'd have the most amount of players making runs into the box & also tried the flair lob (L1+Square) strategy from the top of the box, also made sure 'auto-shot' was off

{Phase 3} -- Read that players with the flair trait seemed to be more prone to execute fancy dandy moves, so swapped my 2 ST(Aubameyang + Timo) for Richarlison + R. Firmino and Bernardo Silva at CAM

{Phase 4} -- Proceeded to grind some matches and score plenty of very beautiful scorpion kick goals! Possibly due to me trying more crosses from the sides than the flair lob strategy as by the time I set up the flair lob from the top of the box, all of my players were covered, and even if they connected on a whimsical bicycle kick it never found the back of the net

{Phase 5} -- finally saw a vid where a guy did it with his Icon player so I said why not right? Stuck the only icon I had, Schweinsteiger, in at CAM, and lo and behold I got it!!! Though it was Richarlison who did the deed with a short flair lob from the side of the box from Salah

- The backheel assist I was able to do in a 3-prong counter-attack up the middle, where once I entered the box I hit a diagonal stride to pull the goalie towards his near post. Then hit L1 and left back + X and it worked for an open net goal. 

Other notes:

- Aside from the CAM Icon the rest of my players were just golds so you don't need Special Card players to get this

- I grinded it in Squad Battles and against 70- rated teams, you can update the opponents to refresh them and get a new set. All you have to do is wait just a few mins, so meanwhile, I'd pop over to the transfer market and make some moves there

Edited by JohzyDeMartin
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, sccorp84 said:

I have the same. What a stupid trophy. Need a lot of luck to get this...

guys it is honestly not that bad if you are good at scoring and take your time to do good passes to setup the cross to the ST in front. L1+Square from behind to the ST in the box then L2+Circle. you'll eventually have your ST close enough to pump one through. It's important you cross from behind straight to the front because then it will prompt a bicycle kick on the ball coming high from behind (a cross from the side will usually trigger a scissor kick and not a bike kick). I even did a bicycle kick in 21 when i was doing quali points as well. i found backheel slightly more challenging since u needed to do the backheel AND get lucky enough to score  on the touch after.

Edited by ChowderlyDude
  • Like 2