Biome 2 Side Room Help

Timmah200

Hey all!

So, after about 49 hours with the game, I found this side room in Biome 2 that I've never seen before....it has the red lava floor and a "no dash" zone is in effect.  It's outdoors with some alien-made pillars going through it.  As soon as I enter, the wind is blowing hard in my face and I walk super slow.  At the same time, I'm taking damage.  Also, periodic red lasers are present, but I was taking damage without touching the lasers.  I do have the upgrade that lets me walk in the red lava, so I know that's not it.

Any help?  I think there might be a cipher at the end....how do I deal with the wind?

On 6/12/2022 at 6:05 PM, Timmah200 said:

Hey all!

So, after about 49 hours with the game, I found this side room in Biome 2 that I've never seen before....it has the red lava floor and a "no dash" zone is in effect.  It's outdoors with some alien-made pillars going through it.  As soon as I enter, the wind is blowing hard in my face and I walk super slow.  At the same time, I'm taking damage.  Also, periodic red lasers are present, but I was taking damage without touching the lasers.  I do have the upgrade that lets me walk in the red lava, so I know that's not it.

Any help?  I think there might be a cipher at the end....how do I deal with the wind?

UPDATE!  I know no one replied, and that's probably because if you read this, you were confused.  Well, I just found that same room again, and this time, no wind was present.  Walked right through without issue, dodging the lasers.

My only guess is the first time I found it, it was bugged for some reason.  That wind probably should not have been there.  So, I hope this helps whatever poor soul is going for all the Biome 2 ciphers right now.

Cheers.

Same thing happened to me in that area only one time, but I had been there countless times before. It was after the most recent update was released; I could only think "wtf" at first. Then I backtracked a few areas, navigated back to it via a different route, and the killer wind was gone... very strange, to say the least!

Haven't experienced that before or since, but was interested to see this happened to you also. 

Super weird and random ass issue, for sure.

-side note- I'm so sick of Crimson Wastes! Have been missing one, just ONE, xenoglyph there for the platinum... and it's been eluding me for close to 2 months. My RNG in biome 2 is atrocious! I'm so very close to giving up on getting the plat entirely 

21 hours ago, sailboat7 said:

-side note- I'm so sick of Crimson Wastes! Have been missing one, just ONE, xenoglyph there for the platinum... and it's been eluding me for close to 2 months. My RNG in biome 2 is atrocious! I'm so very close to giving up on getting the plat entirely 

I had a similar situation, only for biome 3. Something that helped, which I will admit is save scumming, was to pause my cycle at the entrance to biome 3 and then upload the save file to the cloud. Turn off auto-sync so the save isn't over-written. I'd do a run, reload the save, do a run, reload the save. The biome generates fresh every time you go enter it. It doesn't save you having go through the biome, but it does save you from having to go through biome 1 each time.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 0:24 PM, Komrade_Dusty said:

I had a similar situation, only for biome 3. Something that helped, which I will admit is save scumming, was to pause my cycle at the entrance to biome 3 and then upload the save file to the cloud. Turn off auto-sync so the save isn't over-written. I'd do a run, reload the save, do a run, reload the save. The biome generates fresh every time you go enter it. It doesn't save you having go through the biome, but it does save you from having to go through biome 1 each time.

thats a really useful tip - might end up using this if i get close thanks!!!

This is the only way to do it is uploading save to cloud right before entering gate. And then running through a biome and redownloading save. You don’t want to have to run through previous levels (1 or 4) again every time. I just got platinum yesterday and this is very necessary for biome 2. Where you just need to run through and it only takes 5 minutes or so to check for one room. No luck, quit out, redownload. Try again. Biome 2 is the absolute worst. I was only missing 1 and it took me additional 6 hours or more. Trying to find one stupid room.