Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

Looks like 1 PS user got it to pop right at the end of chapter 8. From the looks of the trophies they obtained he kept everyone alive and killed all the Hacketts but obviously there is more to the story and hopefully they chime in on what they did. 

Also had 1st Tarot reading trophy but didn’t collect all Tarots. Very odd.

Edited by trojbrown40
Added info
  • Like 1

I was thinking maybe had something to do with having most of having most Hacketts survive, cure them by shooting Silas, and maybe not collecting enough evidence to link the Hacketts to the fire, but if someone earned it during chapter 8 then I'm not really sure.

• Like 2

Know this is going to sound super-basic, but has anybody tried saying no to a a tarot reading on an un-patched version of the game? We’re assuming it’s some complex unlock criteria that we’ve not yet pinpointed, but what if it’s actually bugged on the update?

• Like 3

I killed all the hacketts and had everyone alive and skipped the tarot readings every time. 

I also skipped all the tarot readings and had everyone killed and that didn’t work either.

Chapter 8 is in the caves beneath the house right? I thought the person who unlocked it on steam got the trophy after they killed all the Hacketts?

If that’s the case, is there a way to kill Caleb before chapter 9 or 10? if there’s a way to kill Caleb prior to that it would match with that person when they killed all the hacketts

7 hours ago, duboiszack said:

I was thinking maybe had something to do with having most of having most Hacketts survive, cure them by shooting Silas, and maybe not collecting enough evidence to link the Hacketts to the fire, but if someone earned it during chapter 8 then I'm not really sure.

That doesn’t work, I tried to keep them all alive and they still died in the house anyways

9 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Know this is going to sound super-basic, but has anybody tried saying no to a a tarot reading on an un-patched version of the game? We’re assuming it’s some complex unlock criteria that we’ve not yet pinpointed, but what if it’s actually bugged on the update?

Collected at least 1 tarot card in every chapter and refused the tarot readings at the end of each chapter by killing everyone by the chapter 10, then left Kaitlyn alive. Wasn’t given the reading choice by the end of chapter 10 thought.

didn’t work.

I’m in chapter 7 in the police station. I listened to the first part of the podcast on the computer - however, it won’t let you listen to the second part -if there is a second part. However there is a door with a green light under it but the door is locked. Anyone know about this? 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

I haven't finished my first playthrough yet, but I heard that

Hide contents

picking up the Heirophant card

will void this trophy.

That card is in chapter 9 though. The person who already got this -it simultaneously popped along with ending chapter 8 at the same time. I’m in chapter 8 now . It’s a good theory but the time stamp wouldn’t match 

1 hour ago, trixter123 said:

i belive it has to get tarot read and then dont do what it shows 

Possibly, although it feels like it would make more sense to be “and then DO what it shows”. She’s generally showing you visions of things that might go wrong, so ignoring her advice would be doing them

45 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

I haven't finished my first playthrough yet, but I heard that

Hide contents

picking up the Heirophant card

will void this trophy.

That was a theory a few have mentioned, but the basis of it is the Steam obtainee which has the achievement via illegitimate means. PC after all. There is some type of unofficial achievement manager for Steam which lets you trigger achievements.

Here, on PS which can't be hacked this early with a games release, the obtainee popped the trophy in Elizes dialogue at the end of Chapter 8.

This is how we know the actual Hierophant pickup in Chapter 9 doesn't affect it. Well assuming it's all working correctly anyway.

Edited by Optinooby

Looking over these 2 profiles. It might not be chapter specific, rural got his at 20 seconds before end of chapter 8 well drack got his a minute after the Killed all the Hackett's achievement (chapter 10 I believe is earliest). (Notably the steam profile doesn't have all achievements all with realistic timestamps between achievements so I have doubt this was cheated)

PSN - ruralcryptid example

Steam - Drack Example

Edited by HotuPotatu

Hey guys I just completed a run I killed Laura instead of Chris as Ryan I made sure all Hackett members survived including Caleb I also collected no cards and still no trophy I have no idea how you unlock this trophy. I see a patch has just been release so I’m hoping this fixes the trophy if it is bugged.

• Like 1

It has to be bugged i ended up friending rural and he said hes not sure how he got it what happened is that he got the reading 1st eliza section then retstarted a new game then collecting all tarot cards also moving on all eliza sections then what happened to him was on chapter 8 he was collecting the cards and before he could grab the last card before the cages (not the rum still card) the next cutscene played early so not sure if he just went to the red room after getting the rum still card or timed out or whatever thats just the guideline he told me...so im just assuming its bugged atm

• Like 2

The patch didn’t fix it. I just finished chapter 8 with telling her no. Still isn’t working 

26 minutes ago, xAFT3RL1FEx said:

It has to be bugged i ended up friending rural and he said hes not sure how he got it what happened is that he got the reading 1st eliza section then retstarted a new game then collecting all tarot cards also moving on all eliza sections then what happened to him was on chapter 8 he was collecting the cards and before he could grab the last card before the cages (not the rum still card) the next cutscene played early so not sure if he just went to the red room after getting the rum still card or timed out or whatever thats just the guideline he told me...so im just assuming its bugged atm

How did you message him? his PSN settings this morning Were blocked so you can’t message the player