Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

1 hour ago, TrophyChief said:

Just got the fucking trophy! Holy shit! I'll update here in just a few. I'll explain what I did.

Ok, updated profile.

Here is what I did:

• Uploaded all my game save data to cloud (just in case)
  • Deleted game with newest version
  • Went offline
  • Redownloaded game with only version 1.00
  • Played offline all the way through and collected all tarot cards with the exception of "Justice" (Jacob's tarot) - killed him off early while going for the Peanut Butter ButterPops trophy
  • Selected Move On each time and trophy popped at end of Chapter 9.
  • I played in one sitting

Note: I have the disk version. Can't say for those playing digital.

This is what I was going to try and do. I only tried this by replaying chapter 9 and it didn’t work. 

Forgot to say congrats on it! 

Edited by MitchtacularMe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrophyChief said:

Just got the fucking trophy! Holy shit! I'll update here in just a few. I'll explain what I did.

Ok, updated profile.

Here is what I did:

• Went offline
  • Played offline all the way through and collected all tarot cards with the exception of "Justice" (Jacob's tarot) - killed him off early while going for the Peanut Butter ButterPops trophy

Nice man congrats good to see some of us finally getting it haha...what was your path choices/collectibles? Duno if any of those matter or not but i wana try and replicate lol

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Good, I won't bother doing anything strenuous then. Get what I can, and wait for a patch. 

Don't understand why they need videos though...give the damn game to your QA team and have them do their jobs. Enough people are reporting this, gamers didn't collectively get together and say "hey, let's punk 2K!". So stupid. 

Exactly. At first it was clear the cache and it’s your connection. Then it was “we need a video as “proof” I don’t get why they just didn’t immediately tell us it’s glitched. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Ok, updated profile.

Here is what I did:

• Went offline

Congratulations! You got all tarot cards except for "Justice" — does that include "Heirophant"? I'm assuming you didn't grab it because then you wouldn't have been able to choose "move on" at the end of Chapter 9, but I wanted to double check.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, unequalized_joe said:

Congratulations! You got all tarot cards except for "Justice" — does that include "Heirophant"? I'm assuming you didn't grab it because then you wouldn't have been able to choose "move on" at the end of Chapter 9, but I wanted to double check.

I asked the same thing, he replied DO NOT pick the Hierophant card up so you can choose Move On at the end of Ch. 9

• Like 1

Just wondering about some "optional" triggers that could be influencing the trophy without people realising it.

Interacting with the phone in Chapter 2 results in Dylan hearing a ghostly voice down the receiver, which parallels with the optional phone interaction that Laura can do in Chapter 7. Wondering if anyone else has been doing this options and if it changes any reactions. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BRAINSTEMReviews said:

Just wondering about some "optional" triggers that could be influencing the trophy without people realising it.

Interacting with the phone in Chapter 2 results in Dylan hearing a ghostly voice down the receiver, which parallels with the optional phone interaction that Laura can do in Chapter 7. Wondering if anyone else has been doing this options and if it changes any reactions. 

First Run: Laura (Yes) / Dylan (Possibly) -- Hard Pass unlocked

Second Run: Laura (Yes) / Dylan (No) -- Hard Pass not unlocked

I'm starting to believe the interactions don't matter. I may try one more run today.

Edited by PhxlPlays

4 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Ok, updated profile.

Here is what I did:

• Went offline

Nice congrats ! What about clues and evidence? Or only tarot cards? Emma must die ?

Edited by Quirinus_Lucius

4 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Ok, updated profile.

Here is what I did:

• Went offline

when i have time and not bored of the game i will 100% try this, i am on ps4 though which might make a difference but if this works on all platforms then we 100% know that the new patch broke the game, or this may just be a ps5 only thing which i hope not, 

2 minutes ago, Datanode1 said:

Thought the same. Abi shooing the raven scene is so random.

I think it's supposed to infer Eliza's presence throughout the game. Abi shooing the raven away in Chapter 1 brings the player's attention to ravens in general, then you can make the connection between that moment and the raven being present in Eliza's scenes.

• Like 1

I had a play through on chapter 9 gave it a quick go with no patch and no trophy. I did get a different scene which they took out of the game before the showdown in the Hackett house which is a-lot better than the patched version. I only lost 29 minutes thankfully gonna wait for them to patch this.

• Like 1

Wanted to thank the community for your support, encouragement and engagement during this trophy journey. I’m happy to answer any follow up questions but I’m at work at this time. Will chime in here when I can to help those earn this elusive trophy.

8 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I had a play through on chapter 9 gave it a quick go with no patch and no trophy. I did get a different scene which they took out of the game before the showdown in the Hackett house which is a-lot better than the patched version. I only lost 29 minutes thankfully gonna wait for them to patch this.

Yeah, I can see why they patched it once already. Playing through the original version I came across lightning and texture issues with some jank. It was playable however. You’re right, there were some short story beats they changed slightly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Quirinus_Lucius said:

Nice congrats ! What about clues and evidence? Or only tarot cards? Emma must die ?

I skipped the vast majority of collectibles and focused only on tarot cards. Killed off Emma too to save time on my playthrough. 

5 hours ago, xAFT3RL1FEx said:

Nice man congrats good to see some of us finally getting it haha...what was your path choices/collectibles? Duno if any of those matter or not but i wana try and replicate lol

Skipped most and honestly I don’t think path choices matter but can’t say 100%. I did play keeping in mind on collecting tarot cards throughout the game and choosing moving on with Eliza each time. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

Skipped most and honestly I don’t think path choices matter but can’t say 100%. I did play keeping in mind on collecting tarot cards throughout the game and choosing moving on with Eliza each time. 

I think this is the meat of it to be honest.

Curious if everyone with this Trophy got it on a Disc version?

3 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Like I said several days before the description was very clear but people prefer to test stupid things before asuming was glitched.

people are still getting it, we just don't know 100% the trigger conditions to grant the Trophy.

12 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

2k said it’s a “bug” so it’s glitched. 

Now is a bug or you are only want attention?

"Just ignore Johnny_HD. Everyone else here has tried their best, and will continue to do so. Ignore the haters and Debbie downers. He just wants attention. Not willing to help, or try anything themselves."

6 minutes ago, Datanode1 said:

people are still getting it, we just don't know 100% the trigger conditions to grant the Trophy.

Now is very easy to proof the bug If another user can try with disc version of the game in the 1.00

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kissoon32 said:

Make sure you reload Kaitlyn lives first > then Ryan lives

Otherwise Ryan will be alive when you redo ch. 10 for Kaitlyn. 

thanks. was wonder who to prioritize. 

33 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

I skipped the vast majority of collectibles and focused only on tarot cards. Killed off Emma too to save time on my playthrough. 

if its just tarot collection on a 1.00 version ill try it tonight. Game is getting super boring now though but if i get this, ill continue on the rest.

i have the disc. Ill just make some coffee and go for it. home around 3pm, getting to chapter 9 scene would take roughly 8hrs.

So what ill do, is follow the everyone lives guide for choices but i will only pickup the tarot cards.

Did you collect Hierophant by chance?

14 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Now is very easy to proof the bug If another user can try with disc version of the game in the 1.00

I have, Moved On from Eliza every opportunity, missed one card + Hierophant, went for everyone alive + Hacketts dead playthrough and no Hard Pass

7 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Played offline all the way through and collected all tarot cards with the exception of "Justice" (Jacob's tarot) - killed him off early while going for the Peanut Butter ButterPops trophy

Actually i'm wrong, he did miss 1 and Heirophant