TrophyChief

Hard Pass Trophy

889 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, AquaWxlf said:

Ok @JohnCar88, thanks for the info, i'm still going to try this myself as i currently just finished the prologue and it says i need to download about 5 more gigabytes instead of the full game (about 10 gigabytes). So i think there might be a sweet spot where chapter 9 might be available but the game isn't fully downloaded.

I really did not see how much was needed, but maybe I did not wait enough. As soon as I saw it needed more data I cancelled. I will try again and if I still don't see the data needed to load, I will just tried to load until I can.

Edited by JohnCar88
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

As not everyone are getting trophy pop following offline/1.000.000 patch trick (myself included), maybe it also has to do with disc CUSA? I've got PPSA 06225. Can anyone with same CUSA (Europe) please confirm who already got trophy?

Edited by anasterion
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, this is getting weird now, the game paused me at the end of the prologue for eliza's section to download 5Gbs, then i stopped the download immediately and it made me download another 80Mbs to start chapter 1. I will reply if anything happens at, or by, chapter 9.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for those with the trophy. When avoiding Heirophant, did you even see it in your playthroughs? Both patched and unpatched, if a card appeared on my screen and I didn't pick it up, it didn't let me interact with anything else until I did. It was what forced me to menu on my unpatched play yesterday. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Question for those with the trophy. When avoiding Heirophant, did you even see it in your playthroughs? Both patched and unpatched, if a card appeared on my screen and I didn't pick it up, it didn't let me interact with anything else until I did. It was what forced me to menu on my unpatched play yesterday. 

 

11 hours ago, Fredsinator said:

 

Emma died in chapter 4 and Abi died in chapter 6 during my play through. You don't need to get every tarot card for this trophy 

 

9 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

The latter. Emma was dead and Abi was alive in the storage area during Chapter 9. Saw the heirophant card but did not pick up. 

So we have 2 scenarios and in both they got the trophy:

1. Abi was dead, so did not see the card at all

2. Abi saw card and did not pick it up

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

just finished and no trophy. So I took an L for everyone. Go for it at your own leisure. But after that run. I'm burnt out on this game. Eventually ill come back to it.

 

Keep in mind, i have had 2hrs of sleep each night this week, am barely functioning but cant sleep and I just did this obsurd idea that sometimes works. That being said, its 3am. im done. They can patch this shit


When I made my unpatched attempt last night it was also on minimal sleep and by the end of it I just really resented the game. Completely burnt out by this title now. I hope the inevitable patch is just loading a save where we’ve met the criteria or at worst replaying chapter 9. I don’t think I’ve got another full game run in me. Not for a long time..

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, OTPYG said:


When I made my unpatched attempt last night it was also on minimal sleep and by the end of it I just really resented the game. Completely burnt out by this title now. I hope the inevitable patch is just loading a save where we’ve met the criteria or at worst replaying chapter 9. I don’t think I’ve got another full game run in me. Not for a long time..

 

i can give chapter 8 and 9 another go tmrw. Have Laura shoot the loser in the cage, and then in ch 9 have Kaitlyn shoot werewolf at the steps without silver ammo. i think thats where i fucked up on the combat. 

If the other trophy pops, cool... 

but yeah, like, its a lot of work. Honestly wish the devs could add a skip dialogue or speed up option. Seeing the same unskippable scenes over and over is annoying. Next I'll be memorizing the dialogue 😵

 

So ya approx 2 hrs tmrw is all this is getting from me. IF it pops, ill go for plat. If not, im happy with 61% or whatever i have.

 

EDIT: I failed in a few combat encounters, like not shooting final werewolf with Kaitlyn at the stairs instead of by the kitchen area. As well as not letting Laura shoot Zack(?) or whatever. But ill take it.

 

GUESS ill replay chapter 9 again tomorrow. i mean at that point i only stand to lose 35min or so

Edited by Infected Elite
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AquaWxlf said:

Ok, this is getting weird now, the game paused me at the end of the prologue for eliza's section to download 5Gbs, then i stopped the download immediately and it made me download another 80Mbs to start chapter 1. I will reply if anything happens at, or by, chapter 9.

Ok, I am trying right now and yes its because I cancelled to quickly. I see how much data I am missing. I really want to go to sleep but I will wait for it to finish.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JohnCar88 said:

Ok, I am trying right now and yes its because I cancelled to quickly. I see how much data I am missing. I really want to go to sleep but I will wait for it to finish.

Good luck to you, i'm on chapter 3 rn and i still have 10Mbs to download, which is nice, i'm going to collect all tarots besides the heirophant and see if it pops.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AquaWxlf said:

Good luck to you, i'm on chapter 3 rn and i still have 10Mbs to download, which is nice, i'm going to collect all tarots besides the heirophant and see if it pops.

I have a save right at Eliza chapter 9, so when the download necessary for it to load is finish it gonna take 2 min to test it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Question for those with the trophy. When avoiding Heirophant, did you even see it in your playthroughs? Both patched and unpatched, if a card appeared on my screen and I didn't pick it up, it didn't let me interact with anything else until I did. It was what forced me to menu on my unpatched play yesterday. 

 

During my patched playthrough if I went directly to the fuse box I could continue without interacting with the Heirophant, same unpatched. In terms of the trophy, playing unpatched and following GWA's collectibles guide, the trophy popped at the end of ch. 8. It makes sense that it would as if the trophy worked and players looking to collect the cards with no knowledge of the Heirophant causing a cutscene, the last time a player should be able to turn her down is at the end of ch. 8. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kissoon32 said:

Okay, I'll be starting the Ver. 1.00 disc playthrough very shortly. It is the last trophy I need. Wish me luck. 😀

 

Well that was a waste of time lol. 😭

I've put in over 50 hours since Tuesday arvo, so I'm just gonna wait for the patch as well. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are really crazy :o

 

Just wait for the patch ^^

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dav_In said:

You guys are really crazy :o

 

Just wait for the patch ^^

Some people really like to get trophies first, or get a good place on the leaderboard. Personally I don't care as long I do get the platinum, but part of the challenge for most people is to get it first, 2k and/or SMG has really f**ked that up , so I totally get why y'all are trying everything to get it. I kinda gave up on the unpatched version and i'll wait for an update, but good luck to y'all tryna get it now! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the reason I'm so determined to get it now, is that I buy disc versions to sell them on to fund my next game. I'd get a higher price to sell now as opposed to potentially weeks from now when a patch drops. 

 

If no one had unlocked it, I'd be able to let go but the Platinum sickness in me makes me feel itchy seeing the game at 97% when I know it's (semi) obtainable. 

 

I should probably see a therapist 🤪

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, AquaWxlf said:

Good luck to you, i'm on chapter 3 rn and i still have 10Mbs to download, which is nice, i'm going to collect all tarots besides the heirophant and see if it pops.

And it did not work, ho well, sleepy time.

9 minutes ago, Beatle-Girl said:

Some people really like to get trophies first, or get a good place on the leaderboard. Personally I don't care as long I do get the platinum, but part of the challenge for most people is to get it first, 2k and/or SMG has really f**ked that up , so I totally get why y'all are trying everything to get it. I kinda gave up on the unpatched version and i'll wait for an update, but good luck to y'all tryna get it now! :)

Yes, its the last trophy i am missing since monday. It was my first chance to get a decent place in the leaderboard for a mainstream game. And by decent I mean maybe in the first 15 or 20.

Edited by JohnCar88
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Part of the reason I'm so determined to get it now, is that I buy disc versions to sell them on to fund my next game. I'd get a higher price to sell now as opposed to potentially weeks from now when a patch drops. 

 

If no one had unlocked it, I'd be able to let go but the Platinum sickness in me makes me feel itchy seeing the game at 97% when I know it's (semi) obtainable. 

 

I should probably see a therapist 🤪

I totally get this everytime I load up and see 97% I feel like I still have work to do. Idk how I'm not burnt out yet I've done 2 full runs from prologue everyday basically since the game came out. 

The prologue ch 1,2,7 take 2 hours 45 min, the rest of the game ch 3,4,5,6,8,9,10 take 2 hours. A way to skip some dialogue or cut scenes would be great if anyone has found a way to skip. I've tried making a dialogue choice then exiting to menu and continuing but damn the games save mechanic is stingy and will usually reload at that same choice.

 

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

just finished and no trophy. So I took an L for everyone. Go for it at your own leisure. But after that run. I'm burnt out on this game. Eventually ill come back to it.

 

Keep in mind, i have had 2hrs of sleep each night this week, am barely functioning but cant sleep and I just did this obsurd idea that sometimes works. That being said, its 3am. im done. They can patch this shit

This has me thinking maybe it has something to do with region or PlayStation system update version. Is everyone's ps patched to the same version, are their different regions to the disks like there used to be PAL and NTSC?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

I totally get this everytime I load up and see 97% I feel like I still have work to do. Idk how I'm not burnt out yet I've done 2 full runs from prologue everyday basically since the game came out. 

The prologue ch 1,2,7 take 2 hours 45 min, the rest of the game ch 3,4,5,6,8,9,10 take 2 hours. A way to skip some dialogue or cut scenes would be great if anyone has found a way to skip. I've tried making a dialogue choice then exiting to menu and continuing but damn the games save mechanic is stingy and will usually reload at that same choice.

 

This has me thinking maybe it has something to do with region or PlayStation system update version. Is everyone's ps patched to the same version, are their different regions to the disks like there used to be PAL and NTSC?

Yeah, I'm sad I can't earn this trophy especially since it leaves my guide on YouTube incomplete which really bothers me, but there isn't anything I can do so i just have to accept that

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dima-zimogliadov said:

someone passed without collecting tarot at all?

I've tried this multiple times idk if anyone on disk version has tried though 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished chapter 9 on my run with the game not being fully downloaded. The trophy didn't pop when it was supposed to but i'll complete the game and see if it pops then. Fyi, i did not pick up the heirophant.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it yesterday on disc fresh run 1.0 and I only collected one card per chapter and skip the extras and as you're supposed to do move on at the end of every chapter but no trophy. I even replayed chapter 9 a couple times just to see if I can get it to kick in but no luck

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

I tried it yesterday on disc fresh run 1.0 and I only collected one card per chapter and skip the extras and as you're supposed to do move on at the end of every chapter but no trophy. I even replayed chapter 9 a couple times just to see if I can get it to kick in but no luck

 

Like I said in my initial post after getting it, I followed your collectibles trophy guide; picking up every card and all the other collectibles up to chapter 9 (this way I could consolidate the collectibles trophies during the run even if I didn't get Hard Pass) because the trophy popped after I "Move On" from Eliza's offer after chapter 8. 

 

I also want to mention the 2nd patch (the most recent patch) definitely messed up the game beyond the trophies. Working on the the combat trophy and noticed that Nick's jeans are still in one piece after his big moment in chapter 3 so when Ryan applies pressure on his leg he's just pressing on Nick's pants. I also noticed that when you're trying to hide from Bobby with Ryan the first time in the bedroom the game wouldn't allow me to interact with anything until I picked up the Death tarot card. During my non-patched run I could get the collectibles in the room with Ryan and even check the closet before picking up the card before hiding from Bobby.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, fasjab_1 said:

 

Like I said in my initial post after getting it, I followed your collectibles trophy guide; picking up every card and all the other collectibles up to chapter 9 (this way I could consolidate the collectibles trophies during the run even if I didn't get Hard Pass) because the trophy popped after I "Move On" from Eliza's offer after chapter 8. 

 

I also want to mention the 2nd patch (the most recent patch) definitely messed up the game beyond the trophies. Working on the the combat trophy and noticed that Nick's jeans are still in one piece after his big moment in chapter 3 so when Ryan applies pressure on his leg he's just pressing on Nick's pants. I also noticed that when you're trying to hide from Bobby with Ryan the first time in the bedroom the game wouldn't allow me to interact with anything until I picked up the Death tarot card. During my non-patched run I could get the collectibles in the room with Ryan and even check the closet before picking up the card before hiding from Bobby.  

Agreed many new bugs in .002, 

Most annoying on is in ch6 when your Abi. You used to be able to move the heater next to Nick to move the scene along, now you have to at least get the scary drawing clue and move the heater and then sometimes have to walk near the photo and other times have to active the photo to get the scene to move on. 

The issue with collectables not being able to be picked up after seeing a tarot card but not picking it up has been around since .001

Starts in ch8 when you see the empress card and continues to when you Dylan in ch8 when you see justice but don't pick it up can't collect the damaged sign collectable. 

Edited by Spartaruckus
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.