Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

1 hour ago, fasjab_1 said:

Like I said in my initial post after getting it, I followed your collectibles trophy guide; picking up every card and all the other collectibles up to chapter 9 (this way I could consolidate the collectibles trophies during the run even if I didn't get Hard Pass) because the trophy popped after I "Move On" from Eliza's offer after chapter 8. 

I also want to mention the 2nd patch (the most recent patch) definitely messed up the game beyond the trophies. Working on the the combat trophy and noticed that Nick's jeans are still in one piece after his big moment in chapter 3 so when Ryan applies pressure on his leg he's just pressing on Nick's pants. I also noticed that when you're trying to hide from Bobby with Ryan the first time in the bedroom the game wouldn't allow me to interact with anything until I picked up the Death tarot card. During my non-patched run I could get the collectibles in the room with Ryan and even check the closet before picking up the card before hiding from Bobby.  

I was trying for a speed run in one sitting. I got my run under 6hrs. I will try 2 more runs today one with all cards only. If that doesn't work then I'm deleting everything and going for an all collectibles run

Edited by GamingWithAbyss1

52 minutes ago, AquaWxlf said:

Just finished chapter 9 on my run with the game not being fully downloaded. The trophy didn't pop when it was supposed to but i'll complete the game and see if it pops then. Fyi, i did not pick up the heirophant.

Also, i completed the game (including the epilogue and everything) without downloading the last 10Mbs which is kind of weird. However, i'm out of ideas and am going to wait for a patch.

Edited by AquaWxlf

24 minutes ago, Mystra77 said:

I have followed step by step the last thing that you comment to get the trophy and unfortunately I didn't get it.

Version 1.01 - Ps4 Digital Deluxe

Waiting for the patch...

Unfortunately it seems anything beyond the pre-patch version is broken when it comes to this trophy. And considering you got it digitally, it's probably your only option to wait for the fix patch. 

15 hours ago, ozoevil said:

Just look at your PATH in the menu, there you will see all the details and if you post them here maybe we will figure it out, unless you played unpatched which i'm not sure how it works on steam!

This was on Steam (PC) and on the launch version of the game, I do not recall the game ever having an update yet and I clicked move on everytime Eliza reads a tarrot card

Tarrot:

Evidence Collection: 18/22

• The Fool
  • Temperance
  • The Hanged Man
  • The Star
  • The Tower
  • The Magician
  • The Devil 
  • The Hermit
  • The Moon
  • The World
  • The Empress
  • The Lovers
  • Wheel Of Fortune
  • The Emperor
  • Death 
  • The Sun
  • Judgement
  • The High Priestess

EVIDENCE: 

Evidence Collection: 0/10

CLUES:

Freakshow Fire: 0/9

Hacket History: 1/19 (Ancestral Portrait)

Camp History: 3/12 (Blooded Collar, Spooky Drawing, Campers Photo)

PATHS:

Laura & Max:

• Laura did not help max after he was attched in the storm shelter
  • laura was sympathetic to max over his  rejection letter
  • laura was supportive of Travis during their imprisonment 

Above The Law:

• Laura was honest with the cop about the accident on the road
  • Laura didn't try to take Travis' gun
  • Laura shot Travis and left him bleeding in her cell
  • Laura shot Constance in the head
  • Laura Did not Attack Jedediah
  • Travis killed Laura with silver after she turned back into a human

A Fool's Errand:

• Jacob Removed The rotor Arm from the minivan 
  • the minivan failed to start, so the counselors couldn't leave Hacketts Quarry.
  • the rotor arm fell out of jacob's pocket when he was swimming in the lake
  • jacob did not dive into the late to search for the rotor arm
  • the rotor arm is lost forver

Down The Rabbit Hole:

• Abi Chose to help Emma Break into the Cabin
  • Abi was able to explore the inside of the cabin
  • Abi left her backpack in the lodge kitchen 
  • Kaitlyn, Abi & Nick were able to hide in the cabin without alerting the creature
  • Dylan was bitten by the creature when trying to hook up the feedback loop

Playing With Fire:

• Emma Chose not to take the fireworks with her
  • Emma fired the shotgun into the air when rejoining the others

Pieces of Silver:

• Abi came to Nick's aid when he was attacked in the woods
  • Nick appreciated Abi trying to help him during the attack
  • Abi Chose not to shoot Nick in the pool house
  • Nick transformed into a monster and depricated Abi

Finders Keepers:

• Ryan raced through the forest in time to see Nick being dragged away by the hunter
  • Ryan took a shot and hit the hunter
  • Ryan picked up the vial dropped by the hunter

Distraction:

• Jacob threw dirt at the hunter to distract him
  • Jacob escaped the hunter
  • Ryan heard a rustling and fired the shotgun, killing Jacob

Helping Hand:

• Ryan decided not to sever Dylan's hand
  • Dylan was infected
  • Dylan transformed into a werewolf at the scrapyard

The White Whale:

• Laura shot travis when escaping the cell
  • Ryan shot Chris Hackett with silver, curing his line of infection
  • Laura turned back into a human infront of Travis
  • Travis stabbed Laura to death
  •  Travis shot Ryan
  • Travis cleaned up his mess

Teambuilding:

• Dylan and Kaitlyn when to the scrapyard to find a working vehicle
  • Kaitlyn abandoned a Dylan at the scrapyard
  • Kaitlyn failed to overcome Caleb

A Pound Of Flesh:

• Ryan chose not to remove the knife from his stab wound
  • Ryan had to be careful not to exacerbate his injury as he fled from Bobby
  • Ryan removed the knife from his wound and stabbed Bobby
  • Ryan chose to accept Laura's offer to bite him
  • Bobby was weakened and unable to defend him against Chris
Edited by Fredsinator

Thank you Fred!

Well in a perfect world it kinda make sense that you refuse her help at every step even if you see premunition. People bring it up here about picking up the phone as Dylan and Laura, but since you didn't picking up clues it doesn't matter i quess!

I think we all missing some small unseen thing, that really triggers this trophy.

The same situation was with The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes with UV trophy, the important thing is that Jason must not use the stake against Joey.

I think it is similar, if trophy will be totally glitched nobody will recieve it, or maybe one or two persons, it is 8 right now. So i think it is just devs themself do not understand how works this trophy. Like they made the game and after added trophy and something messed up, some stupid thing is added to recieve this trophy.

PS sometimes if you check some point of interest you can see a ghost of Eliza and she disappear, maybe this also needed?

Edited by Riv1404

6 minutes ago, Riv1404 said:

I think we all missing some small unseen thing, that really triggers this trophy.

The same situation was with The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes with UV trophy, the important thing is that Jason must not use the stake against Joey.

I think it is similar, if trophy will be totally glitched nobody will recieve it, or maybe one or two persons, it is 8 right now. So i think it is just devs themself do not understand how works this trophy. Like they made the game and after added trophy and something messed up, some stupid thing is added to recieve this trophy.

PS sometimes if you check some point of interest you can see a ghost of Eliza and she disappear, maybe this also needed?

This would be understandable for 30-40£ game. But unfortunately this is 64.99£ game and I would expect good quality product on release or at least bug aknowledgement and fix way earlier:(

Edited by anasterion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spartaruckus said:

This has me thinking maybe it has something to do with region or PlayStation system update version. Is everyone's ps patched to the same version, are their different regions to the disks like there used to be PAL and NTSC?

NTSC - PS5 - played start to end unpatched in 1 sitting.  No dice.

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

NTSC - PS5 - played start to end unpatched in 1 sitting.  No dice.

I did some investigating and PS5 games are regionless. So pal and NTSC don't matter any more. So that's prob not a factor in this. I'm off doing other runs now I'm ignoring all tarot card pretty much now as no real reason to get them. If this trophy pops yeah if not I'm over it I'm guess by the July 8th patch that adds online and 80s costumes will fix it so gonna enjoy some different play throughs now instead of banging my face on replicating what seems to be random. Seems like a few more people got it to pop but not enough to say we def found a resolution. It is def glitched as admitted by 2k now. So I'm just gonna enjoy my time with the game now lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

As promised for those that want details and are determined to get the trophy before patch goes live. Again, did this while offline the whole time on Version 1.00 using the PS5 disk version. I did this run while going for the Peanut Butter Butter Pops! trophy which I earned on the same playthrough. Knocked out both trophies in one playthrough.

Tarot's collected 19/22:

• The Fool
  • Temperance
  • The Hanged Man
  • The Star
  • The Tower
  • Strength
  • The Magician
  • The Devil
  • The Hermit
  • The Moon
  • The Chariot
  • The World
  • The Empress
  • The Lovers
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • The Emperor
  • Death
  • The Sun
  • Judgement

Evidence 2/10:

• Empty Vial
  • Torn Bags

Clues:

Freakshow Fire 5/9:

• Harum Scarum Poster
  • Escapology Trunk
  • Broken Cage
  • Newspaper Headline Scrap
  • Damaged Memorabilia

Hackett History 4/19:

• Family Photo
  • Trail Camera
  • Bizarre Yet Bonafide Podcast
  • Ancestral Portrait

Camp History 9/12:

• Bloodied Collar
  • Hunting Notice
  • Camp Plaque
  • Camp Song Recording
  • Information Signpost
  • Lodge Renovation Plans
  • Counselor's Ledger
  • Spooky Drawing
  • Campers Photo

Paths 13/15:

Laura & Max:

• Laura tried to help Max after he was attacked in the storm shelter
  • Max was concerned about Laura's wellbeing in the prison
  • Laura was sympathetic to Max over his rejection letter
  • Laura was supportive of Travis during their imprisonment

Above The Law:

• Laura was honest with the cop about the accident on the road
  • Laura didn't try to take Travis' gun
  • Laura used the syringe on Travis during her Max's escape
  • Laura did not shoot Constance
  • Laura did not attack Jedediah
  • Travis decided ti work with Laura to find Silas

A Fool's Errand:

• Jacob removed the rotor arm from the minivan
  • The minivan failed to start, so the counselors couldn't leave Hackett's Quarry
  • The rotor arm fell out of Jacob's pocket when he was swimming in the lake
  • Jacob chose not to dive into the lake in search of the lost rotor arm
  • The rotor arm is lost forever

Down The Rabbit Hole:

• Abi chose to help Emma break into the cabin
  • Abi was able to explore inside the cabin
  • Abi put the forgotten toy in her bag
  • Abi left her backpack in the lodge kitchen
  • Kaitlyn, Abi and Nick were able to hide in the cabin without alerting the creature
  • Dylan was bitten by the creature when trying to hook up the feedback loop

Playing With Fire:

• Emma chose not to take the fireworks with her
  • Emma fired the shotgun into the air when rejoining the others

Watch Your Step;

• Dylan opened the trapdoor in Chris' office
  • Dylan loosened a rung on the ladder
  • The ladder rung broke when Abi climbed up

Pieces of Silver

• Abi came to Nick's aid when he was attacked in the woods
  • Nick appreciated Abi trying to help him during the attack
  • Abi shot Nick in the poolhouse and he fled out the window
  • Abi offered Laura her bracelet to fashion into a silver bullet

Finders Keepers:

• Ryan raced through the forest in time to see Nick being dragged away by the hunter
  • Ryan took a shot and hit the hunter
  • Ryan picked up the vial dropped by the hunter
  • Laura declined Ryan's offer of the blood vial

Distraction:

• Jacob didn't distract the hunter
  • The hunter poured blood over Jacob's face
  • Ryan heard a rustling and fired the shotgun, killing Jacob

Helping Hand:

• Ryan decided to sever Dylan's hand
  • Ryan used the chainsaw to sever Dylan's hand
  • Dylan's infection stopped spreading

The White Whale:

• Laura did not shoot Travis when escaping her cell
  • Ryan shot Chris Hackett with silver, curing his line of infection
  • Ryan survived the ordeal at the Hackett House
  • Laura, Travis and Ryan decided to work together to find Silas
  • Laura, Travis and Ryan run Silas down after he attacked the car
  • Laura killed Silas, ending his line of infection and curing every living person who was bitten at hackett's Quarry

Teambuilding:

• Dylan and Kaitlyn went to the scrapyard to find a working vehicle
  • Kaitlyn and Dylan worked together to escape the scrapyard
  • Abigail found a silver shell in the stormshelter
  • Kaitlyn has Dylan's company in the lodge
  • Kaitlyn decided to investigate the office door
  • Kaitlyn killed Caleb with the silver shell

A Pound of Flesh:

• Ryan chose not to remove the knife from his stab wound
  • Ryan had to be careful not to exacerbate his injury as he fled from bobby
  • Bobby took his knife back, worsening Ryan's bleeding
  • Ryan chose to accept Laura's offer to bite him
  • Ryan was saved from blood loss

No Need Collect 

Chapter 6 - Tarot Card #10 - Justice
Chapter 9 - Tarot Card #21 - The Hierophant
Chapter 10 - Tarot Card #22 - The High Priestess

OK

and r u check this ?

-Chapter 1 Abi - Eliza in Window

-Chapter 7 Laura - Chiris Office Eliza Phone Call 

-Chapter 9 Laura - Eliza under Window

Edited by SAKURA

26 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

my discs are here. already cleared my caches deleted games and ready to install fresh and try.  and on ps4 im doing on a fresh user since i still need final girl which i already uplooaded right at final part for. 

can't believe you bought a disc version at this point to try something. Why not rent or just wait for a patch? its your money so I'm not going to tell you how to spend it but to buy a game again to try an unproven method... is just desperate. 

8 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Thank you!

ya im doing infected run, didnt realize i could have grabbed all collectables too. 

But ill do this run, then its a matter of kill everybody, and re-do the deaths(Kaitlyn lives. Ryan lives). Then i just need Nobodys Fool i think and of course Hard Pass.

soooo 2 more full playthroughs it seems

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

ya im doing infected run, didnt realize i could have grabbed all collectables too. 

But ill do this run, then its a matter of kill everybody, and re-do the deaths(Kaitlyn lives. Ryan lives). Then i just need Nobodys Fool i think and of course Hard Pass.

soooo 2 more full playthroughs it seems

bro, just take your own advice and wait for a patch already, lol.  How many hours/playthroughs have you already sunk into this trophy with no luck?

Every time I look, you advise others to be patient and (wisely) wait for a patch but you keep playing through repeatedly without success.  No irony there!  You are going to end up hating the game, lol.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, djb5f said:

bro, just take your own advice and wait for a patch already, lol.  How many hours/playthroughs have you already sunk into this trophy with no luck?

Every time I look, you advise others to be patient and (wisely) wait for a patch but you keep playing through repeatedly without success.  No irony there!  You are going to end up hating the game, lol.

i dont hate the game, i also have other trophies i need to unlock that require additional playthroughs anyways. I'm not going for the glitched stuff. Thats all.

I need a playthrough that everyone dies that i can reload a chapterbto only save Kaitlyn, reload only save Ryan.

Then a playthrough for all clues since i forgot to do that during the infected run.

i dont doubt the Hard Pass gets fixed with a patch

What I do doubt is these moron devs to impliment a permanent chapter select and carry over collectables. The fact you load a chapter and HAVE to beat the game to unlock chapter select again is beyond stupid. As well as losing all clues etc.

I'm still playing to get the trophies i need outside of Hard Pass.

Edited by Infected Elite

19 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

can't believe you bought a disc version at this point to try something. Why not rent or just wait for a patch? its your money so I'm not going to tell you how to spend it but to buy a game again to try an unproven method... is just desperate.

So? I don't see the need to call someone desperate in a patronising way just because they wanted to buy the game to try out a method... I personally wouldn't do it, but I'm not gonna judge others for doing so :/ 

Edited by Beatle-Girl

1 minute ago, Beatle-Girl said:

So? I don't see the need to call someone desperate in a patronising way just because that wanted to buy the game to try out a method... I personally wouldn't do it, but I'm not gonna judge others for doing so :/ 

i just figure why not save a few bucks and rent it at that point. But ultimately I don't care. Its their money.

Actually it's a good idea to rent all future SMG releases instead of buying their games. I'm not against of supporting and paying full price for a game on release, but when company releases game in such buggy shape, with such vague trophy descriptions and on top of that charges 65£/70€ it leaves no other choice imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

This. I haven't said anything to be nice, but Infected can't help themselves to belittle others on things, while missing the complete irony of it.

200.gif

• Like 2