Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

27 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Yes a patch would still help, but perhaps.... its never glitched and this is how it was done. 

If that’s the case it should work for digital and patched versions too, unless the patch broke it.

Well done on getting the trophy though! Might psych myself up to attempt this method later in the week. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i didnt play in one sitting. I had physio, if it helps, i also only collected Tarots aside from Heirophant, and also did requirements for Sam/Laura to get their motel ending and thats about it.

I also slacked a bit on picking move on, i delayed a few times. Then it popped after cutscene was about to end.

i played in 1 sitting yesterday and hated the grind lol

I’ve tried not collecting anything else but can’t seem to get it to move on in chapter 6 unless I pick up the damn drawing and picture. 

35 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Yes a patch would still help, but perhaps.... its never glitched and this is how it was done. 

I started my PS4 playthrough with this method and though I messed up the last part in Ch.9 with the window interaction, I went back with chapter select later and it didn't work. I got a backup save at the end of Ch.7, so I can go back to there and try again later after I get the other trophies, and at the very least back it up again before Eliza to be ready for patch.

10 minutes ago, MitchtacularMe said:

I’ve tried not collecting anything else but can’t seem to get it to move on in chapter 6 unless I pick up the damn drawing and picture. 

in chapter 6 with Abi in the pool room you HAVE to grab the picture in the corner. No way around it 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2022 at 2:34 AM, Saxton3234 said:

Just popped it and the Platinum in Chapter 9, here's exactly what I did: Major Spoilers Below btw, not gonna hide

Miscellaneous: 

I'm on PS5 Disc Version. (Obviously) 

-Reverted to 1.00 after getting every other trophy on 1.02, didn't delete any saves, started a brand new game from scratch last night. (so obviously No Chapter Select and I Saved + Stopped at the end of Chapter 8 so I did NOT play it all in one go)

-I selected "Move On" at every opportunity (obviously)

-At the tail-end of Chapter 9 (Beginning of Eliza Scene) I backed my save to the cloud.

-I stayed online, the game started to download the update but I immediately loaded the save still on version 1.00 (loaded the beginning of the Eliza Scene) I'd just backed up.

-All Accessibility settings were on their defaults.

-I didn't immediately commit to "move on" I kinda just spammed left on the... left analog stick sometimes letting the gauge fill close to the left, sometimes just spamming left however looking back on the video the trophy popped before I officially selected but I really thought I didn't see it pop until after I selected it officially... even more strangely despite my settings to capture screenshots for "All Trophy Grades" it missed the screenshot for both the trophy itself and the platinum however it did capture the platinum video as I have it set to capture 15 second platinum videos.

-I shooed away the Raven by the radio hut in chapter 1, interacted with the Phone with Laura in Chapter 7 (as well with Dylan in Chapter 2 fwiw), and played the Piano in Chapter 9. I can't remember if I did anything else special or "trivial" but don't think I did? I ignored pretty much all of the other non-essential collectibles (except the Bloated Corpse in Evidence) however I did get every card besides Justice as I drowned Jacob in Chapter 3 by having him dive after the stolen Rotor Arm. I also obviously skipped the Hierophant as I killed off Abi in Chapter 6 and got Emma Infected which let me kill off Dylan in Chapter 8 so there was no one there that could've possibly collected it to begin with.

-Speaking of Collectibles, other than all the Tarot Cards available before Chapter 10 (minus Justice and Hierophant) the only other collectibles I obtained were the Bloated Corpse as I already mentioned, the Bloodied Collar, Counselor's Ledger, Spooky Drawing, and Campers Photo.

-On the same playthrough (I'd previously had backed up in the end of Chapter 8) I completed the game by shooting Laura with Ryan (I didn't stab Bobby on this run) then let Kaitlyn get killed in the Lodge in Chapter 10 (I broke into the Cabin but didn't grab the Toy and since Abi and Emma weren't there to give her the Silver Shell she was literally screwed with nothing that could save her) and the trophy didn't pop. When I got it what I did differently, besides making my Backup Save when I reached Eliza at the very end of Chapter 9, this time I hesitated with Ryan when he had the opportunity to shoot after I'd stabbed Bobby this time so everyone in the room was killed.

Paths (12/15): Prologue + Chapters 1-9 only (All these titles/descriptions are based on version 1.00/pre-patched)

Laura & Max

-Laura tried to help Max after he was attacked in the storm shelter.

-Max was concerned about Laura's wellbeing in the prison.

-Laura was sympathetic to Max over his rejection letter.

-Laura was supportive of Max during their imprisonment.

Above the Law:

-Laura lied to the cop about the accident on the road.

-Laura tried to make a grab for Travis' gun when they were talking in the cell.

-Laura shot Travis and left him bleeding in her cell.

-Laura did not shoot Constance.

-Laura did not attack Jedediah.

-Laura and Travis killed each other during the chaos at the Hackett House.

A Fool's Errand

- Jacob removed the rotor arm from the minivan.

-The minivan failed to start, so the counselors couldn't leave Hackett's Quarry.

- The rotor arm fell out of Jacob's pocket when he was swimming in the lake.

-Jacob chose to dive into the lake in search of the rotor arm.

-Jacob got his hand caught when grabbing the rotor arm.

Jacob drowned.

Down the Rabbit Hole

-Abi chose to help Emma break into the cabin.

-Abi was able to explore inside the cabin.

-Abi left her backpack in the lodge kitchen.

-Kaitlyn, Abi and Nick were able to hide in the cabin without alerting the creature.

-Dylan was bitten by the creature when trying to hook up the feedback loop.

Playing with Fire

-Emma chose not to take the fireworks with her.

-Emma fired the shotgun into the air when rejoining the others.

-Emma found nothing of use left at the firepit.

-Without the fireworks, Emma was left defenseless against the attacking werewolf.

-Emma was attacked and bitten, leaving her infected.

Watch Your Step

Dylan chose not to open the trapdoor.

Pieces of Silver

-Abi came to Nick's aid when he was attacked in the woods.

-Nick appreciated Abi trying to help him during the attack.

-Abi chose not to shoot Nick.

-Nick transformed into a monster and decapitated Abi.

Finders Keepers

-Ryan struggled to navigate through the woods.

-Ryan heard a rustling in the bushes and took a shot, adding to Nick's injuries.

???

Helping Hand

-Ryan decided to sever Dylan's hand.

-Ryan used the chainsaw to sever Dylan's Hand.

-Dylan's infection stopped spreading.

The White Whale

-Laura shot Travis when escaping her cell.

-Ryan didn't shoot anyone during the ordeal at the Hackett House.

-Ryan was mauled to death by Chris Hackett.

Teambuilding

-Kaitlyn had to brave the scrapyard alone.

-Kaitlyn barely escaped the werewolf in the scrapyard.

???

A Pound of Flesh

-Ryan chose not to remove the knife from his stab wound.

-Ryan had to be careful not to exacerbate his injury as he fled from Bobby.

-Ryan removed the knife from his wound and stabbed Bobby.

-Ryan chose to accept Laura's offer to bite him.

-Bobby was weakened and unable to defend himself against Chris.

???

Final Thoughts:

Don't think I have much else to say other than I wish everyone else attempting to pop this trophy before the inevitable patch the best of luck and if this post helps even just one person do just that then this whole experience was completely worth it, mad respect to this community for coming together for this cause. And remember: what doesn't kill you will make you stronger!FVkmJ4kWUAAM-y1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Thank you!!! Followed the exact same paths and saw/heard Eliza whenever possible. Was offline the whole time, didn't delete saves or cache, death rewind off and popped as described. Thanks again! (unpatched PS5 disc version ofc)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

If that’s the case it should work for digital and patched versions too, unless the patch broke it.

Well done on getting the trophy though! Might psych myself up to attempt this method later in the week. 

fair point.. 

regardless, if you can play unpatched do so.

Though LOL @ chapter 9 when they fall through floor. that scene is so unfinished 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tinybattery said:

Thank you!!! Followed the exact same paths and saw/heard Eliza whenever possible. Was offline the whole time, didn't delete saves or cache, death rewind off and popped as described. Thanks again! (unpatched PS5 disc version ofc)

You're quite welcome, I'm so glad to hear that my post helped you out. Congratulations!

It's so odd to see that for some this method works (encountering hag at all possible moments) and for some not. So can anyone please confirm/deny the following.

So first thing which I want to know, everyone tells they played offline. By offline you mean (on PS5 - Settings / Network / Connect to Internet / Off) ?

And now for my actions in Chapter 9, as it seems it's most important to trigger the trophy:

Cutscene starts with Dylan and Kaitlyn (both are uninfected, Dylan has his arm cut off by chainsaw at this point)

Cutscene with Laura, she shots off Constance by successfully smashing QTE in the dark room.

Ryan - pick up card The Death, interact with cabinet, interact with door, hide, hide in the cabinet, succeed don't breath, succeed QTE to block door from Bobby

Laura - hide, succeed don't breath event, pick up card The Sun and then in same room go near window (don't see anyone through, just a spooky sound plays), proceed to door, meet old guy, succeed QTE's and kill him off by snapping his neck (succeeded QTE)

Ryan - stab Bobby, don't accept bite from Laura

Dylan opens the door by pressing button in scrapyard, pick up card on while walking on container (The Judgement if not mistaken), proceed to that big car (don't know/remember english name for it), warn Kaitlyn, QTE up, sound horn, succeed QTE, QTE left, burn Caleb, succeed QTE and car drops on Caleb

Abi - start moving and auto see hag, see but ignore card The Heirophant, go straight to ladder

Laura - move to Chris, two cutscenes, walk undergroung as Laura, when entering room ignore cutscene by collecting photo in the right side of room and just follow Ryans blood trail. Cutscene starts, Bobby gets killed by Chris (we stabbed him as Ryan), Ryan shoots Chris, Ryan dies, Laura shoots Travis.

If you have any advice what may be wrong please let me know, as there must be a reason why for most of you guys this strat works.

1 hour ago, anasterion said:

It's so odd to see that for some this method works (encountering hag at all possible moments) and for some not. So can anyone please confirm/deny the following.

So first thing which I want to know, everyone tells they played offline. By offline you mean (on PS5 - Settings / Network / Connect to Internet / Off) ?

And now for my actions in Chapter 9, as it seems it's most important to trigger the trophy:

Cutscene starts with Dylan and Kaitlyn (both are uninfected, Dylan has his arm cut off by chainsaw at this point)

Cutscene with Laura, she shots off Constance by successfully smashing QTE in the dark room.

Ryan - pick up card The Death, interact with cabinet, interact with door, hide, hide in the cabinet, succeed don't breath, succeed QTE to block door from Bobby

Laura - hide, succeed don't breath event, pick up card The Sun and then in same room go near window (don't see anyone through, just a spooky sound plays), proceed to door, meet old guy, succeed QTE's and kill him off by snapping his neck (succeeded QTE)

Dylan opens the door by pressing button in scrapyard, pick up card on while walking on container (The Judgement if not mistaken), proceed to that big car (don't know/remember english name for it), warn Kaitlyn, QTE up, sound horn, succeed QTE, QTE left, burn Caleb, succeed QTE and car drops on Caleb

Abi - start moving and auto see hag, see but ignore card The Heirophant, go straight to ladder

Laura - move to Chris, two cutscenes, walk undergroung as Laura, when entering room ignore cutscene by collecting photo in the right side of room and just follow Ryans blood trail. Cutscene starts, Bobby gets killed by Chris (we stabbed him as Ryan), Ryan shoots Chris, Ryan dies, Laura shoots Travis.

If you have any advice what may be wrong please let me know, as there must be a reason why for most of you guys this strat works.

I was on PS4 but hopefully this is helpful. I disconnected from the internet the same way you've described, and then stayed offline for the entire time, only turning it back on once the trophy popped. I didn't do this in one sitting as I needed to sleep.

I didn't kill constance initially, as in the unpatched version I was given to option to run before actually interacting with Constance. I didn't kill Jedadiah, and before that cutscene I made sure to check out the window in the room. I stabbed Bobby and Ryan accepted the bite. 

Travis and Laura killed each other, and Ryan was mauled to death as I didn't shoot Chris.

edit: Jedediah and Constance were eventually killed by Chris, as Ryan didn't shoot him. 

Edited by Beatle-Girl
  • Like 1

I heard and saw Eliza multiple times on my playthrough where the trophy unlocked. My original theory was you had to activate all scenes involving her in-game and chose Move On between each chapter. I don't remember seeing her in the window on Chapter 9 though. This trophy is just buggy. Still, I say keep trying because you never know. I told myself, "One more playthrough." That's when it happened. I was shocked. Has 2K or Super Massive acknowledge it's bugged?

1 minute ago, PhxlPlays said:

I heard and saw Eliza multiple times on my playthrough where the trophy unlocked. My original theory was you had to activate all scenes involving her in-game and chose Move On between each chapter. I don't remember seeing her in the window on Chapter 9 though. This trophy is just buggy. Still, I say keep trying because you never know. I told myself, "One more playthrough." That's when it happened. I was shocked. Has 2K or Super Massive acknowledge it's bugged?

Disc version or digital? I have digital. They did finally reply to me that yes it is bugged. 

50 minutes ago, PhxlPlays said:

Here is reply I got from them this morning:

Hello Viktors,

Thank you for checking back in, and apologies for the late reply.

After looking into this, I see the appropriate team has been notified of the issue. I appreciate you reaching out to us to make sure we know about it since it's important to work with the community to make sure the game is at its best.

And there is a current work around:

Collecting cards at the same time avoid getting the Heirophant card.

Thanks,

2K Frances
Customer Support
2K Games

Edited by anasterion
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhxlPlays said:

Disc. I rented it, hoping it was going to be a quick platinum similar to Until Dawn. The Hard Pass trophy has given the "This one time at summer camp" line a new meaning. Glad to hear that they know it's bugged.

Yes, they know -and it was a pain to get them to listen. First it was a soft reset, then it was my Internet connection. When I finally ripped their head off and informed them that it wasn’t any of those- especially since I get other trophies from this game and other games- they went on to say they then needed “proof” it seriously was a pain. I don’t understand why they didn’t just admit in the first place that it was a bug and a glitch instead of causing such a headache. 

2 minutes ago, anasterion said:

Here is reply from them I got this morning:

Hello Viktors,

After looking into this, I see the appropriate team has been notified of the issue. I appreciate you reaching out to us to make sure we know about it since it's important to work with the community to make sure the game is at its best.

Thanks,

2K Frances
Customer Support
2K Games

That work around doesn’t work. Not for the digital. Or it would’ve unlocked on one of my ten play throughs 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anasterion said:

Here is reply I got from them this morning:

Hello Viktors,

Thanks,

2K Frances
Customer Support
2K Games

There’s a workaround? Bullshit, 2K. Not a stable one anyway. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, anasterion said:

Yes, go to settings, network, make sure you are not connected to internet. Note Chapter 9 gets weird on Version 1.0

So far yes.

Laura - hide, succeed don't breath event, pick up card The Sun and then in same room go near window (don't see anyone through, just a spooky sound plays),

Yeah grab card, walk into hallway to be safe, then go to window. Youll hear her laugh.

proceed to door, meet old guy, succeed QTE's and kill him off by snapping his neck (succeeded QTE)

yes

Dylan opens the door by pressing button in scrapyard, pick up card on while walking on container (The Judgement if not mistaken), proceed to that big crane, warn Kaitlyn, QTE up, sound horn, succeed QTE, QTE left, burn Caleb, succeed QTE and car drops on Caleb

Yeah

Ryan doesnt need to die i don't think. I only let him die to get 2 additional ending trophies. So if it's any easier for you go for it

Most common thing between us who got it was playing unpatched...and in my case seeing the Hag. You DON'T have to do it all in one sitting.

Tonight given time, I should be able to go from ch. 3 to end and get all clues and plat. 

Quarry > Until Dawn, Beyond Two Souls > DBH

4 hours ago, PhxlPlays said:

. The Hard Pass trophy has given the "This one time at summer camp" line a new meaning. 

haha 

4 hours ago, PhxlPlays said:

you dont see her in the window in chapter 9. you just hear her laugh.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Quarry > Until Dawn, Beyond Two Souls > DBH

ahhhh I have to disagree ? 

Heavy Rain > Detroit Become Human > Until Dawn > The Quarry > Beyond Two Souls.

Personally Beyond Two Souls was the most annoying and tedious one to get a platinum on... I got so fed up of Eliot Paige's voice by the first playthrough.

4 minutes ago, Beatle-Girl said:

ahhhh I have to disagree 1f605.png 

Heavy Rain > Detroit Become Human > Until Dawn > The Quarry > Beyond Two Souls.

Personally Beyond Two Souls was the most annoying and tedious one to get a platinum on... I got so fed up of Eliot Paige's voice by the first playthrough.

Ah if i count HR. and yeah actually DBH > Beyond. Cant stand Eliot.

So ok Heavy Rain > Quarry > Until Dawn > Detroit > Beyond

lol

27 minutes ago, MitchtacularMe said:

There’s a photo in chapter 9 playing as Laura after falling through the floor? 

yes. You walk through a hallway, and its before the door. However this is in unpatched. i believe patched you just end up in the cutscene 

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1