Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

What photo 

A photo of the Hacketts in the section of the game that was cut.

10 minutes ago, G-SKI44 said:

The 2K Twitter page has officially made an announcement regarding the trophy finally confirming it not being rewarded as intended:

"A note for #TheQuarry Players: We are aware of an issue causing the Hard Pass achievement/trophy to not be rewarded as intended and we plan to release a fix for it in our next post-launch update. Thanks for your patience."

FINALLY ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, G-SKI44 said:

The 2K Twitter page has officially made an announcement regarding the trophy finally confirming it not being rewarded as intended:

"A note for #TheQuarry Players: We are aware of an issue causing the Hard Pass achievement/trophy to not be rewarded as intended and we plan to release a fix for it in our next post-launch update. Thanks for your patience."

Hopefully that’s soon . At least the publicly admitted it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Only those with a disc version were able to find a way around it. No one with the digital version can 

yeah, sucks but not much can be done.

i support disc buying anyway. normally easier to find sales etc. thats a diff topic though. I'd expect a patch within a week or two

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Only those with a disc version were able to find a way around it. No one with the digital version can 

I played disk version 1.02 getting all the cards but hierophant, all the cards but hierophant and justice, getting only 1 card per chapter, meeting/hearing the Eliza all the time then played disk v1.0 offline with the same setup. No trophy.

You may try again and again at your own risk. even with a disk there is no consistent outcome. Those who got the trophy were lucky it glitched positively in their favor, period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

ah but then itll be those who persevered and got it without a patch fix, and those who didn't. 

lol all the hard work paid off ?

I got Disk version PPSA 06225. PLease tell me whitch guide i must play for that trophy? There is more guides in here. Whitch one did you play? And i will play Live for to save Video and will upload to youtube

Edited by narimanhabibagad

2 minutes ago, narimanhabibagad said:

I got Disk version PPSA 06225. PLease tell me whitch guide i must play for that trophy? There is more guides in here. Whitch one did you play?

the right one....

Heres what i did and all credit goes to @Beatle-Girl

------

I'll clarify that I saw/heard Eliza in these Chapters:

- Chapter 1, Abi shoo's away the raven.

- Chapter 2, Dylan hears Eliza on the phone in Chris's office.

- Chapter 3, while walking around as Abi before continuing on to either call for nick or not. 

- Chapter 6, Jacob sees Eliza within seconds of the cutscene.

- Chapter 7, while in Travis's office you will hear Eliza on the phone. 

- Chapter 7, Eliza will appear at the end of the podcast in Travis's office. 

- Chapter 9, once you collect the tarot card in the room with the big windows, back away and come back- the angle will change and you'll get the option to look through the window, Eliza will be there.

- Chapter 9, in the shelter as Abi, you can see Eliza when moving towards to fuse box, you DO NOT pick up the tarot card here.

This is all I did in relation to Eliza including moving on everytime. 

-----

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

the right one....

Heres what i did and all credit goes to @Beatle-Girl

------

I'll clarify that I saw/heard Eliza in these Chapters:

- Chapter 1, Abi shoo's away the raven.

- Chapter 2, Dylan hears Eliza on the phone in Chris's office.

- Chapter 3, while walking around as Abi before continuing on to either call for nick or not. 

- Chapter 6, Jacob sees Eliza within seconds of the cutscene.

- Chapter 7, while in Travis's office you will hear Eliza on the phone. 

- Chapter 7, Eliza will appear at the end of the podcast in Travis's office. 

- Chapter 9, once you collect the tarot card in the room with the big windows, back away and come back- the angle will change and you'll get the option to look through the window, Eliza will be there.

- Chapter 9, in the shelter as Abi, you can see Eliza when moving towards to fuse box, you DO NOT pick up the tarot card here.

This is all I did in relation to Eliza including moving on everytime. 

-----

Thank you)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, narimanhabibagad said:

Of course, And Thanks)

Good luck :) Let us know how it went. I did that strat yesterday offline/1.00 patch/encounter hag at all possible moments and for me it didn't pop. Kinda just waiting for a patch at this point as it's still not guaranteed that trophy pops.

6 minutes ago, Valor-Red said:

I think the latest it'll be July 8th, with its online multiplayer launch

8df3814b136e7779ff7f36b007b882f8.png

That’s not too bad. That’s like two weeks away. Hopefully it will be sooner though.  I still need the peanut butter butter pops trophy. So might as well do that, collect all the tarots and just wait. 

Edited by sealightbreeze

Ok so I finally got it. Like I said and assumed people are over complicating things....so the patch is what is making the trophy glitch, if you are digital wait for the update, if you are disk then delete the game and download it offline so no patch. You don't need to see Eliza all those times scare a crow, pick up the phone or listen to the podcast, kill specific characters.. nothing of that matters. all I would suggest is getting at least 1 tarot card per level and move on after the level, that is it. i almost followed the opposite of what people suggesting ( not on purpose was just not paying attention ) Again nothing matters of choices or characters if i had to be specific i missed hyerophant and justice because i killed off characters everything else was completely random.

Edited by Rojo_Capo
  • Like 3

Okay just further confirming what we already know. 

I finished my first playthrough, Digital Standard on PS5, Everyone Lives/Killing the Hackets playthrough + collecting all Tarot cards and all the collectibles. And didn't get Hard Pass. So I'll have to wait for the patch. 

I did surprisingly get the Peanut Butter Butterpops trophy. I say surprisingly because I'm not sure I even hit the bottles during the section where you're shooting the Watermelons (I did hit the 3 Watermelons though), then after that, reading this thread is where I learned about turning the shooting to Auto in the Accessibility Options. So I had it on Auto for almost everything unless I needed to make sure NOT to shoot something...such as Ryan not shooting Jacob in the bushes. Then there was another part later when I didn't shoot one of the Werewolves (on purpose). So I definitely thought that was a trophy I was going to have to work into...but it popped either way. 

On to my Everybody dies playthrough while I wait for this patch. 

42 minutes ago, Viper said:

Okay just further confirming what we already know. 

I finished my first playthrough, Digital Standard on PS5, Everyone Lives/Killing the Hackets playthrough + collecting all Tarot cards and all the collectibles. And didn't get Hard Pass. So I'll have to wait for the patch. 

I did surprisingly get the Peanut Butter Butterpops trophy. I say surprisingly because I'm not sure I even hit the bottles during the section where you're shooting the Watermelons (I did hit the 3 Watermelons though), then after that, reading this thread is where I learned about turning the shooting to Auto in the Accessibility Options. So I had it on Auto for almost everything unless I needed to make sure NOT to shoot something...such as Ryan not shooting Jacob in the bushes. Then there was another part later when I didn't shoot one of the Werewolves (on purpose). So I definitely thought that was a trophy I was going to have to work into...but it popped either way. 

On to my Everybody dies playthrough while I wait for this patch. 

Just to be clear for everyone still needing the PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERPOPS trophy still, just turn on auto aim and forget, because it won't shoot outside combat encounters, and won't shoot Jacob in the bushes because that's not a combat encounter. So no worries about killing anyone if going for Everyone Lives at the same time.

I actually went ahead and tried again with the disc ver. 1.000.000 solution, but this time with a save ready to go, as some folks have popped the trophy that way.

Still no luck. Oh well, replaying CH. 9 and 10 didn't take long. I'll just wait for the update with a save ready to go.

Edited by kissoon32
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, G-SKI44 said:

This is great news. I’ll wait for the patch to drop. 

Having spent hours doing several extra playthroughs than I should have done (like we all have done) and knowing I would’ve had the Plat over a week ago had this glitch not been around is enough for me! I have a save right before Eliza in chapter 9, fingers crossed all we’ll need to do is load that up, select Move On one last time and the trophy will pop. 

Truly great teamwork from the community in finding ways to get it to pop over this thread. Really pleasing to come across. Well done to all of you!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, G-SKI44 said:

Yes! At least they acknowledge it, can’t wait for the patch and be able to play the game! 

• Like 2

Just got final clues and plat.

I'd like to thank the dedication of everyone in this group for not giving up, and honestly thinking they could beat a glitch. Some of us did ? 

and as always thanks to the trophy guide teams @PowerPyx and @GamingWithAbyss1 for being quick with guides and thoroughly detailing every step. and again of course @Beatle-Girl who's Hag steps i followed leading to pop Hard Pass.

Good luck everyone else. I am done with The Quarry...

So Much for Depth Perception :platinum:

24 minutes ago, Cinderkin said:

I decided to do one more run, PS5 disc version 1.0 followed everyone's advice, picked up all cards except Justice and Hierophant cards. Moved on every chapter and no trophy. 

After 8 full play throughs I'm done playing this game. :(

pick up Justice.

• Like 4

Another theory, maybe it doesn't unlock (with Hag encounter method) for those for whom it is the last trophy (97% trophy progress) ? Can anyone confirm if they got it with this method while having that as last trophy for plat? Assuming console offline mode/patch 1.000.000 of course.

Edited by anasterion

Because i get asked in psn message how i got it, i'll reply here.

Playing PS5 disk version unpatched.

Picked up each individual tarot card including hierophant

Selected move on each time it was possible.

Trophy popped after hag chapter 8 so going in chapter 9.

Edited by nzombi
grammar