What are your favorite PS3 games without a platinum?

prodigious_sloth

Heavenly Sword and Valkyria Chronicles, both without a platinum and a total of zero trophies. Thankfully one of them was saved on PS4 version.

...and RE4. Which obviously deserved a platinum more than any of those jumping food garbage games released everyday.

At least RE4 remake will have a platinum trophy.

• Like 1

The vast majority of games I played during the PS3 era were physical and that generally meant it had a platinum available if it was after trophies were added. So, I was interested to discover I only have 5 games with the PS3 tag that have trophies but no platinum available so it's quite a small list to pick from... and 2 of those are cross-platform lists that I played on PS4 xD

Out of those I can pick from, if I had to choose one I'd go with Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
  • Like 2

Folklore, aka FolkSoul in its native Japan. Dual protagonists unveil the confusion of an ostensibly supernatural Irish village, soon traversing into the netherworld & utilizing Folk (think captured souls aka Chaos Legion, or Castlevania: Curse of Darkness) to surmount the somber secret tucked away within. Ellen and Keats each advanced through their stages differently with differing special abilities & the plot could advance side-by-each or one at a time up through the final chapter. An early PS3 title yet rife with fortitude in its script & pedigree in its creators, developed by the Genji studio before it folded & scored by numerous incl. Shinji Hosoe (Ridge Racer) + Kenji Kawai (huuuuge array of Japanese media, not strictly VGs). If only the damn thing hadn't latched onto the Sixaxis, the "capture" motions added one layer of "interactivity" too many. Memorable title for sure, for those who played through to its end. ^^ Which never appeared to be many.

• Like 4

Clive Barkers: Jericho. It’s not only one of the best games out there story wise but it has some fun and unique gameplay mechanics aswell. This game is easily in my top 3 all time greats. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

This is one of the more unknown episodic Telltale games and one of the few still available on PS Store (14,99€). The only other console version was available for Wii.

Based on the Homestar Runner web comic, SBCGFAP feature tons of hiliarious dialogue, pop culture references (specially in Episode 5 - 8-Bit is Enough), and a pretty outstanding character design. The game is very faithful to its origins and highly recommended if you like the following:

Grab it as long it's still available. You can also get it on Steam but without achievements.

https://psnprofiles.com/series/134-strong-bads-cool-game/

Edited by R4M Razr

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddgggggggggggggeeeeeeeee Racer 7. \8D/ It was pretty much my first foray into the franchise at the time and I had such a blast playing this game. I had played RR64 before but RR7 was the real deal. It had a smooth soundtrack, slick graphics for the time, a huge variety of content, and its sick, unique drifting mechanics cemented this one as one of my favorites. Went and did everything in the game even though it didn't have any trophies. Would love to see it nowadays remastered or something. ^^

Memorable mentions to the original MotorStorm and SEGA Rally Revo as well. Fun arcade games that, although lacking in content and extras, were darn fun to play despite not having trophies. MotorStorm would at least get sequels with trophy support but SEGA Rally has been pretty much dead as a franchise for years. ^^;;

I saw people mention FarCry 3: Blood Dragon above and, really, let's just call it Blood Dragon. ;D That was another sweet game at the time that was lacking a platinum trophy too. It should've been turned into his own separate series/franchise.

• Like 4

I'm seconding Ridge Racer 7. This could use a PS4 remaster with all the DLC and extra BGM, and it'd be interesting to see what trophy list Namco would make for it now. The ultimate charge system in RR7 is great, allowing you to regain nitrous quickly by drifting when the burst you just used is wearing off and you still are above normal top speed. RR7 fixes my one dislike about Ridge Racer 6 (Xbox 360). RR6 allows AI drivers to use nitrous during No Nitrous races (unfair!). RR7 doesn't, thankfully.

The Vita Ridge Racer is a turkey. Three tracks and five cars in the base game, and 30 FPS? Weak. Porting RR7 to Vita would've made more sense.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Clive Barkers: Jericho. It’s not only one of the best games out there story wise but it has some fun and unique gameplay mechanics aswell. This game is easily in my top 3 all time greats. 

Thanks for mentioning this game.  I'm a huge hellraiser fan so this definitely looks interesting. 

The Cave

Outlast

Layers of Fear

Twisted Metal Black

Not A Hero

Valiant Hearts

Syberia 1 & 2

Siren

Remothered Tormented Fathers

The Secret of Monkey Island

Tokyo Jungle

Castlevania Anniversary Collection