What are your favorite PS3 games without a platinum?

prodigious_sloth

3 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Thanks for mentioning this game.  I'm a huge hellraiser fan so this definitely looks interesting. 

If you like Hellraiser you’ll love this game. The story is so freaking cool. The gameplay is kinda meh for the sole reason that your companions AI is crap. But the game is short and fun while it lasts. The X360 version of the game does have achievements though if that’s it a thing you care about. 

If you end up enjoying Jericho you should most definitely also look up Clive Barkers: Undying. It’s an old PC game but it also has one of the best stories out there. That game has an even bigger cult following than Jericho. 

The sad part about Jericho is that it didn’t get received well by critics and this was in a time when people cared about critics opinions. Not like today where most of them are the laughing stock of the gaming community. You should check out the user reviews on meta critic and you’ll see everyone loves the story. https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/clive-barkers-jericho/user-reviews

• Like 1

• Like 1

Are you looking for PSN games on PS3 that have trophies?

Or PS3 games that never had trophies to begin with?

If the latter, easily Cod 4. I know the remaster on PS4 had trophies but I would have loved to see the original have trophies as well!

As for PSN games on PS3 that have trophies but no plat, these ones were my favourites!

Braid

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair and Mirror's of Fate

Fez

Jetpack Joyride

Knytt Underground

Monkey Island Series (Both the originals and Tales)

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Rayman 3 HD

Retro City Rampage

Sonic the Hedgehog (1, 2, CD, 4, and especially Adventure 1 + 2) Sonic Adventure 1 is the best Sonic game of all time imo!

NiGHTS into Dreams

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

Sam & Max / Strongbad (classic Telltale before they became story platinums)

• Like 1

Some of my Favorites are:
  • Aabs Animals
  • Army of Two
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Daytona USA
  • Frogger Returns
  • Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
  • Guitar Hero: World Tour
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Jurassic Park
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  • MLB 13 The Show: Home Run Derby Edition
  • My Aquarium
  • Monopoly Deal
  • NBA Live 08
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • PlayStation Home
  • rain
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Rock Band
  • Sam & Max
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  • SF3: Online Edition
  • Skate.
  • Skullgirls Encore
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People 
  • Tales of Monkey Island
  • Tekken Revolution
  • Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
  • Zombeer
  • Like 2

I would say

arcady games

chimesuper deluxe

super stardust hd

critter crunch

astro tripper

cuboid

Other than that

comet crash (some kind of tower defender and attacker)

costume quest ( both parts are good. Pretty much a small rpg)

Renegade ops( awesome topdown shooter)

Hell yeah (sidescroller/ metroidvania)

nova-111 (also some kind of sidescroller but Turnbased.)

tiny troopers joint ops (topdown shooter again)

kungfurabbit (sidescroller platformer)

stacking (some kind of adventure)

ultratron

titan attacks

Pixeljunk shooter

infamous festival of blood

noby noby  boy

online stuff

red faction battleground

age of booty

quick 100% that are at least decent

super hang on

daytona usa

afterburner climax

For games that don't have trophies full stop:

- CoD 4

- Lego Batman 

- Lego Indiana Jones 

- Lego Star Wars

- Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction/Quest for Booty

- Saints Row 2

- The Simpsons Game

- Stuntman Ignition

- Tony Hawk's Project 8

- UEFA Euro 2008

Aside from the Ratchet duo, I played all all of these on the 360 with the achievements so it's not the end of the world. The only games I've played that have trophies, but no plat, that I've enjoyed are Sonic CD and Infamous: Festival of Blood

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As far as arcade goes, I'm going to give a reluctant thumbs up to Sonic Mania.  The levels were typical Sonic, but I find myself thinking about the bonus stages (the run around the ball and get all the rings/balls) over and over.   It was just infuriating enough to be fun.

Edited by NonGone

• 1 year later...

So many good games! These are just some of my faves and personally i couldn't care less wether they have a platinum or not. I still had just as much fun unlocking trophies along the way.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Streets of Rage 2

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Final Fight : Double Impact

Daytona USA

Sonic the Hedgehog games

SEGA Rally

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

Dogfight 1942

There are tons more i could list, but i'll try to leave it short as others have already outlined some bangers in the posts above.

Basically any of the SEGA titles get my vote..

Also any Arcade games that were ported, such as The Simpsons Arcade, Afterburner, RidgeRacer and the like.

I still find myself playing plenty of older PS4 games that surely deserved a platinum. Abzu and Journey were awesome, yet somehow overlooked for the platinum treatment.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE Saints Row 2. I still find it to be very fun, and it done things that even games like GTA5 failed to do to this day. Plus, its much better than the piece of shit reboot we got recently.

I also like Turok, it got dunked on quite a bit, but i had a lot of fun with it too.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:24 AM, Mipsy said:

Folklore, aka FolkSoul in its native Japan. Dual protagonists unveil the confusion of an ostensibly supernatural Irish village, soon traversing into the netherworld & utilizing Folk (think captured souls aka Chaos Legion, or Castlevania: Curse of Darkness) to surmount the somber secret tucked away within. Ellen and Keats each advanced through their stages differently with differing special abilities & the plot could advance side-by-each or one at a time up through the final chapter. An early PS3 title yet rife with fortitude in its script & pedigree in its creators, developed by the Genji studio before it folded & scored by numerous incl. Shinji Hosoe (Ridge Racer) + Kenji Kawai (huuuuge array of Japanese media, not strictly VGs). If only the damn thing hadn't latched onto the Sixaxis, the "capture" motions added one layer of "interactivity" too many. Memorable title for sure, for those who played through to its end. ^^ Which never appeared to be many.

ah yes still a favorite PS3 game of mine as well. I do agree about the sixaxis as well it was a bit annoying.

Oblivion! 

Time and time again I really wished Oblivion had trophies patched in once the feature was brought to PlayStation... 

Bethesda PS5 remake please 🙏🏻