RE2, RE3, RE7 PS5 Trophy Thoughts/Autopop?

The_ThrillBlazer

7 minutes ago, The_ThrillBlazer said:

Does one of the platinum autopop when anyone got the platinum on one of the Resident Evil games?

Everything popped up without any problems for RE2, except for the DLC.

Here I had to re-download my save data from the PS4 version again and import it to the PS5 again for it to work.

• Like 2

2 and 3 fully auto-pop. 7 only half the trophies do, there’s actually a warning if you transfer the save over saying that some trophies don’t convert, which is a bit of a pain! 

9 minutes ago, Mayadome said:

I hate this auto-pop crap. I was really looking forward to getting the trophies again. There's no way to avoid it happening, like do you have to network load your PS4 save?

It offers to convert your PS4 save to the PS5 version and they auto-pop then. Only way to avoid is to start from scratch and not import the save. 

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

It offers to convert your PS4 save to the PS5 version and they auto-pop then. Only way to avoid is to start from scratch and not import the save. 

Oh nice, thanks! That's not too bad then. I'm going to enjoy replaying RE2 again.

Edited by Mayadome

5 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

Love the salt. Imagine being so annoyed how others choose to do what they want with their games and utilising a feature the devs decided to implement. Says more about you than it does others, really. #prioritiesinlife

lol No salt over here here mate.

If you'd read my post you'd have detected my sarcasm and not my jealousy.  Having said that, bosstristan does seem a bit peeved though.

• Like 2

I was mashing x the first time I loaded it and without reading I guess I converted my save and platinumed in 1 second (this was my 2nd "autopop", first was ff7r and I feel the exact same way now as I did then).Was a bit annoyed, then realised I still have the option of playing the game (the whole reason I downloaded it) so no issues.

Edited by ViologYgY

32 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

Love the salt. Imagine being so annoyed how others choose to do what they want with their games and utilising a feature the devs decided to implement. Says more about you than it does others, really. #prioritiesinlife

It really says a lot about those who complain about trophies not autopopping or games not including the option to autopop trophies from another save. #firstworldproblems

Edited by DogalZ
  • Like 2

Hrm... well I keep telling myself I won't play these remasters but I guess I've been lying to myself because I think it's time. I see there's DLC, does that come with the base game or do I need to buy the deluxe editions? I don't see it anywhere in the store, so I'm assuming it's part of the base. ?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Still don’t know how to feel about these.. There’s not that much incentive to actually play through these again when 99% of players autopopped the platinum anyway. 

I had happy times replaying Resident Evil 5 and 6 again on PS4 after they were re-released from the PS3.

Not only are they good games to play again, the jump from 30-60fps was a welcome boost.

I only have RE2 and RE7 on PS4 but why would I want to get them on PS5? The framerate and graphics are largely the same.

20 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The whole concept behind autopopping games on PS5 that you already done on PS4 is an utter joke.

Have to agree with you on that.

Whenever I compare list with my trophy hunting friends I don't count their auto pops or region stacks personally. Most of them understand it but we do have one guy that gets so mad and literally screams "NO IT'S THIS MANY PLATS YOU IDIOT" 

I do remind him that it's my personal opinion but either way AP is a complete meme at this point.

• Like 1

Of course, having two leaderboards (one full and one that removes stacks) would seem like a simple solution to compare apples with apples and make everyone happy. Psn100 does it, maybe @HusKy could implement that functionality for psnp+ since Sly doesnt seem inclined to add anything anymore?