RE2, RE3, RE7 PS5 Trophy Thoughts/Autopop?

The_ThrillBlazer

Anyone able to speak on how much of a difference the upgraded RE2 and RE3 versions look/ feel from the PS4 versions?

They were already great looking games before, I’d be interested how much of an upgrade they feel.

It’s not been that long since I played them on PS4, so not necessarily up for a full platinum journey again (especially since I’m literally playing RE7 right now, with RE8 lined up for after! ?)…

…but if it’s something really worth seeing, I might do a bit of a “half-n-half” if that’s possible? - play through the games once or twice, then grab my old save-data and Auto-pop the remaining trophies once I’ve had my fill and have seen all the upgrade stuff ?

Can anyone confirm if that seems possible?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I had happy times replaying Resident Evil 5 and 6 again on PS4 after they were re-released from the PS3.

Not only are they good games to play again, the jump from 30-60fps was a welcome boost.

I only have RE2 and RE7 on PS4 but why would I want to get them on PS5? The framerate and graphics are largely the same.

False information. RE 2,3 and 7 already ran at 60 fps target and managed to get the perfectly on ps4 pro or ps5 bc. Only base ps4 had a few drops into the 50s and sometimes 40s. There is no RE game with the current engine (2,3,7,8) that has a 30 fps cap or specific 30 fps mode on any platform.

Only difference to the ps4 version is the resolution and raytracing implementation. Resi 2 and 3 ran at 1600p on ps4 pro / ps5 bc .

Edited by westersburg

Sweet! I’m planning to replay these about 1-2 months before Resident Evil 4 Remake’s release.

PS4’s versions of these games are already really good, I can’t imagine how much improvements they can make. I’m expecting the usual higher resulution options and fast load times.

1 hour ago, visighost said:

Of course, having two leaderboards (one full and one that removes stacks) would seem like a simple solution to compare apples with apples and make everyone happy. Psn100 does it, maybe @HusKy could implement that functionality for psnp+ since Sly doesnt seem inclined to add anything anymore?

But PSN100 implements a naive and somewhat broken solution.

And no, I can't "fix" this from outside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I had happy times replaying Resident Evil 5 and 6 again on PS4 after they were re-released from the PS3.

Not only are they good games to play again, the jump from 30-60fps was a welcome boost.

I only have RE2 and RE7 on PS4 but why would I want to get them on PS5? The framerate and graphics are largely the same.

I agree with you on buying games again due to upgrades/stacks I own every resident evil game on ps4 disc versions why would I spend all that money again for slightly better graphics? It doesn't change the game in any way there's nothing new or changed there's no new or changed trophies.

Sure the free upgrades are nice but the last year's (2022) been kinda bad for playstation it's all remakes,re releases or just hoards of fucking jumping taco shite and 79p bollocks.

I'm just waiting for the new ps+ to see if it's worth keeping my playstation or switch to xbox or even nintendo at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

or just hoards of fucking jumping taco shite and 79p bollocks.

Well, people can look forward to fucking jumping taco shite TURBO for £1.50 when it comes out. I wish I was joking about that. lol

10 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

I'm just waiting for the new ps+ to see if it's worth keeping my playstation or switch to xbox or even nintendo at this point.

Me too mate. The fact I can't even get a PS5 and it's almost 2 years, kinda old now anyway, and I can't backup my saves to USB and well most people buy one with no bluray drive. 

I'm honestly wondering about which system next, especially since Steam (a PC of all things) has better backwards compatibility that consoles now. Once my PS3 busts, gonna be very hard to play digital only games I bought in 2010, but on a new PC you can still buy games you bought on Steam from like 2004. Even XBox360 games are still available for sale on newer XBox consoles...

Everyone is having a big wank over the new PS+ which is like XBox Games Live pass. But then simultaneously annoyed that hundreds of games are being removed forever off PSNow. I remember the backlash over online only DRM XBox One with no physical drive, but now, people are all for it and actively supporting it. And also enjoying buying 1 minute games for trophies....

Kinda weird times we are living in...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FU5jPbyWQAAUgOx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by enaysoft

Would I be mistaken in thinking that if you wanted to avoid auto-popping, then worst case you could delete your PS4 save, so that no saves migrate?

Seems a bit Defcon 5, but if you’ve 100% the games and you want to do it all over, I guess you wouldn’t mind if your save is deleted?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amurnin100 said:

Can anyone confirm DLC pops for RE7, 21 is something I’ll never do again but the rest I’ll gladly do…

Also does RE7 on PS5 still support PSVR or is that removed from the upgrade 1f914.png

It popped some stuff in my mainlist but 21 popped completely.

I carefully deleted my Savefiles except the 21 one.

But the game also needs the Systemsave so that is maybe the reason the mainlist had some stuff unlocked

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

If someone has already earned a platinum and has put time and effort into it, they have the right to automatically pop that platinum as many times as they want.

Thanks, couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

But PSN100 implements a naive and somewhat broken solution.

And no, I can't "fix" this from outside.

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh... I think it's very generous to use the term "somewhat" in that sentence... 1f602.png

I stand by their system since it ranks me much higher than here! :D

Seriously though, what's wrong with the system? It doesn't simply remove games appearing multiple times? I don't quite understand their "obsolete" system and the rarity formula is certainly... experimental, but Pizza Jump stackers are much fewer and far between, which I take as a win!

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Well, people can look forward to fucking jumping taco shite TURBO for £1.50 when it comes out. I wish I was joking about that. lol

Me too mate. The fact I can't even get a PS5 and it's almost 2 years, kinda old now anyway, and I can't backup my saves to USB and well most people buy one with no bluray drive. 

I'm honestly wondering about which system next, especially since Steam (a PC of all things) has better backwards compatibility that consoles now. Once my PS3 busts, gonna be very hard to play digital only games I bought in 2010, but on a new PC you can still buy games you bought on Steam from like 2004. Even XBox360 games are still available for sale on newer XBox consoles...

Everyone is having a big wank over the new PS+ which is like XBox Games Live pass. But then simultaneously annoyed that hundreds of games are being removed forever off PSNow. I remember the backlash over online only DRM XBox One with no physical drive, but now, people are all for it and actively supporting it. And also enjoying buying 1 minute games for trophies....

Kinda weird times we are living in...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FU5jPbyWQAAUgOx?format=jpg&name=900x900

///Analysis/// You can't get a PS5 in Great Britain. Your fault. You can't backup your saves to USB? Your fault. That's why you are angry and threatening Sony by changing to Xbox, shittalking people, who autopop PS4 to PS5 Platins, cause you can't. ///Analysis done///  

I hope, that you get your PS5 fast.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how this will work for me? I was working through the trophies and obviously now I'd rather play the upgraded PS5 version to finish this off. Will these check off both trophy sets as I achieve them on PS5? Rather not leave one set half finished.

• Like 1