RE2, RE3, RE7 PS5 Trophy Thoughts/Autopop?

The_ThrillBlazer

56 minutes ago, visighost said:

I stand by their system since it ranks me much higher than here! :D

Seriously though, what's wrong with the system? It doesn't simply remove games appearing multiple times? I don't quite understand their "obsolete" system and the rarity formula is certainly... experimental, but Pizza Jump stackers are much fewer and far between, which I take as a win!

Take your pick:

• It considers a game "obsolete", and removes it from counting on your profile, even if you haven't played the new version (for example, no one gets any "leaderboard points" for Spiderman (PS4), simply because the game now exists on PS5... whether the player owns the PS5 version not

• it considers remakes / remasters the "dominant" versions, so rarities are all over the place - original versions of games with multiplayers, for example, get removed, in favour of single-player only remakes (AC Brotherhood, for example, is much rarer on PS3, because of that), and Autopop-able PS5 versions are the only version it counts, and renders the original PS4 versions "obsolete" for everyone.

• It isn't set up to deal with things like Hitman 2's "Extra" trophy list for the additional expansions - it sees them as conflicting with the main game

• It considers game that re-use existing maps to be versions of older games (for example, Hitman 3 is considered to render Hitman 2 and Hitman Obsolete, despite those games having trophies that Hitman 3 doesn't, or, for example, EVERY separate Walking Dead series trophy list is considered "obsolete", in favour of the single, unified (small) list that the Definitive Collection Edition has)

• Every Vita game that has a separate list on PS3 or PS4 is considered "Obsolete", in favour of the big-boy console version - whether the person plays that version or not.

• Games that have meaningful trophy and gameplay changes to different releases are considered "obsolete" in favour of the newer ones, whether you play them or not - (Street Fighter IV, for example, is rendered meaningless, because of Super Street Fighter IV)

• It rendered games obsolete, and no longer counts them if they get delisted - even if there's not another version (Zen Pinball, for example, tells you "This game is delisted (source). No trophies will be accounted for on any leaderboard. This game is obsolete. Please play Pinball FX3 instead.) ?

It's not the worst idea in the world - a leaderboard that negates stacking - and some folks would be quite happy to see one that works...

...but this is not it ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

Just started up RE2, and only 15 trophies made it over for me. Guess I'll have to play a fantastic game again, what a shame eh? ???

As far as differences go, there is too much to be honest, it's a bit like converting Medium graphics settings to High, that's the best way I can describe it. The haptics and triggers are nice to have too, but you aren't missing a lot if you don't convert over.

Edited by SirDave1988

whats with people getting certain trophies others aren't. ive seen auto popping plats for some, yet others only getting a handful of trophies. are they not sending over a fully complete save file?

ive read every file needs sending over to usb that relates to that game.

11 hours ago, m678hk0078 said:

For those who want to autopop:

Remember only enter the game when the game is FULLY installed

Otherwise it will only pop the trophies of the main game for you. Leaving you at 9x%

However you can solved this by deleting the PS5 save and importing the PS4 save again after the game is fully installed

This must be why all of the trophies didn't autopop for both RE2 and RE3.  The thought had crossed my mind, about launching it mid install, but I did it anyway.  It didn't pop 2 trophies in RE2, and for RE3 it only gave me 50% of the trophies.  Someone said that re-importing your save after it's finished installing would give you the rest of the trophies, but I did that last night and it didn't do anything.  I dunno, maybe I didn't do it right, I'll try again today.  But yeah, word of warning for anyone wanting to autopop, I'd wait for the game to fully install.

Just tested RE7 to see exactly what auto popped and what didn't right off the bat, I'm honestly not that bothered about having another Plat so figured why not? I'll list it below with the % I got and what DIDN'T pop under. 

Base game - 60% unlocked. 

Biosplattered - Plat

End of the Night - ending 1

Just a Memory Now - ending 2

In the Bag - Increase item slots

Duck if you love life - dodge scissor attack

Fly Swatter - shoot and knock back Marguerite

1st place science fair - create all chem/strong Chem items

Can't catch me - complete 'mia' tape without being spotted

Out before dessert - complete 'happy birthday' under 5 mins.

Resource Manager - complete game without opening box 3+ times

Walk it off - complete game without using 3+ first aid meds. 

Banned Footage Vol 1 - 8%

Sleepless in Dulvey - complete night terror

Like mama used to make - complete bedroom

Ratcatcher - find all dead rats

Ethan never dies - complete Ethan must die

Banned Footage Vol 2 - 72%

Don't keep the man waiting - complete stage with 10 min time bonus or higher.

Best birthday ever - get S rank or higher in all stages.

End of Zoe - 0%

Have to do the whole thing again. 

Not a Hero - 100%

If all your looking for is another Plat and you have ps+ all your auto saves go with you so you can probably figure out what to load to get the few you'll need easy enough. 

6 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Can anyone confirm DLC pops for RE7, 21 is something I’ll never do again but the rest I’ll gladly do…

Also does RE7 on PS5 still support PSVR or is that removed from the upgrade ?

I have all trophies unlocked for RE7 on the PS4, and after downloading the PS5 version, it only auto popped 37% of all trophies, less than half the trophies for the base game, and also less than half the DLC trophies. Good thing is all trophies related to 21 card game mode auto unlocks. End of Zoe did not auto pop at all. Not a Hero auto popped both trophies. Bedroom did not auto pop, but the daughter DLC did auto unlock. There's still some work needs to be put into the PS5 RE7 to 100%.

30 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Could someone clarify something about Resident Evil Village? If I bought Resident Evil Village now would I be entitled to the DLC later on this year like the third person view? Does it have to be the gold edition to get it? 

No, the new Winters DLCs for Village is only going to be released in October 2022. Nobody is entitled to it, everyone has to buy the DLC, or buy the RE8 Village Gold edition, which gets released the same day as the Winters DLC.

This is a total different scenario to how RE2, 3 and 7 can be downloaded for free for current owners of the game (on PS4) as these are all technically old games, while the RE8 DLCs are entirely new.

Imagine one being a large update patch, and the other is entirely new contents.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sikutai said:

If someone has already earned a platinum and has put time and effort into it, they have the right to automatically pop that platinum as many times as they want.

100% agree. Autopopping a platinum is a bonus and it's a nice one at that. I've almost platinumed RE2R for my 250th Platinum milestone (which has been a lot of time and effort to do) and autopopping the PS5 version for 251? That'll do nicely. 

• Like 2

Anyone else having trouble unlocking "Hell of a Sheriff" trophy on RE2make after converting from the PS4 version? I've beaten No Way Out scenario (no training mode) twice and the other scenarios once and it won't unlock.

Edited by TimodusSnake

15 minutes ago, deldoomgun said:

I have all trophies unlocked for RE7 on the PS4, and after downloading the PS5 version, it only auto popped 37% of all trophies, less than half the trophies for the base game, and also less than half the DLC trophies. Good thing is all trophies related to 21 card game mode auto unlocks. End of Zoe did not auto pop at all. Not a Hero auto popped both trophies. Bedroom did not auto pop, but the daughter DLC did auto unlock. There's still some work needs to be put into the PS5 RE7 to 100%.

No, the new Winters DLCs for Village is only going to be released in October 2022. Nobody is entitled to it, everyone has to buy the DLC, or buy the RE8 Village Gold edition, which gets released the same day as the Winters DLC.

This is a total different scenario to how RE2, 3 and 7 can be downloaded for free for current owners of the game (on PS4) as these are all technically old games, while the RE8 DLCs are entirely new.

Imagine one being a large update patch, and the other is entirely new contents.

So if I bought Village now and the Winters DLC comes out later this year, I just buy that DLC and it's applied to the standard version of Village?

51 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

I’m new to this whole transfer save file to PS5 thing so this may be a dumb question, but do you lose your ps4 save if you transfer to ps5?

I don't know what happens to your local PS4 save when you convert it, but you can always keep your PS4 saves safe in the cloud.

45 minutes ago, LAD-Shooter said:

So I have the PS4 platinum - Does it automatically autopop? I really want to play through it again and earn the trophies without the autopop.

Same with RE7 and RE3 respectively  

If you don't import your save you can go through the game again and earn trophies from scratch.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, janpham said:

///Analysis/// You can't get a PS5 in Great Britain. Your fault. You can't backup your saves to USB? Your fault. That's why you are angry and threatening Sony by changing to Xbox, shittalking people, who autopop PS4 to PS5 Platins, cause you can't. ///Analysis done///  

I hope, that you get your PS5 fast.

Not being able to get a ps5 in UK isn't his fault its due to scalpers and a shortage of chips.

Saying he's gonna switch console has nothing to do about owning or not owning a ps5 its more about what one covers what he wants. I think Sony do great job of making themselves look bad take the new ps+ this was supposed to be there rival to xbox game pass but there's hardly been a peep from Sony about its like they don't give a shit or forgot their actually releasing it or they know its not going to be as good.

7 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

Not being able to get a ps5 in UK isn't his fault its due to scalpers and a shortage of chips.

Saying he's gonna switch console has nothing to do about owning or not owning a ps5 its more about what one covers what he wants. I think Sony do great job of making themselves look bad take the new ps+ this was supposed to be there rival to xbox game pass but there's hardly been a peep from Sony about its like they don't give a shit or forgot their actually releasing it or they know its not going to be as good.

The Xbox Gamepass is full of shitty games. And the overhyped Microsoft only Starfield looks like shit. There is a reason, why everyone wants a Playstation 5. 

• Like 1

How about no new trophy list at all? 

Just release a patch with better graphics for free to breath-in a little wind in sales and awareness in anticipation of upcoming projects.

I do wonder what some of you guys are going to demand when PS6 comes out? a PS6 trophy list for a PS4/PS5 games that'll get patched? A separate trophy list for The Last Of Us Part 1 Remastered? What about PS7?

This nonsensical practice of separate identical trophy lists only serves to dilute the meta-game.

Can't wait for Persona -which is a series with only 10 ,arguably 9, actual games on Playstation- to have over 50 trophy lists by 2023. 

Edited by Seamndel
  • Like 4

The list is for the PS5 edition, which while 100% the same as the PS4 edition is a new title. The troph ylist is required, just having a greater capability when played on PS5 with save file transferring sounds like what you want. Is it too much work to update the PS4 game to check if it is being played on PS5 to "unlock" extra performance modes?  Perhaps the answer is it is more profitable to rerelease them on PS5 in this manner. 

12 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

How about no new trophy list at all? 

Just release a patch with better graphics for free to breath-in a little wind in sales and awareness in anticipation of upcoming projects.

I do wonder what some of you guys are going to demand when PS6 comes out? a PS6 trophy list for a PS4/PS5 games that'll get patched? A separate trophy list for The Last Of Us Part 1 Remastered? What about PS7?

This nonsensical practice of separate identical trophy lists only serves to dilute the meta-game.

Can't wait for Persona -which is a series with only 10 ,arguably 9, actual games on Playstation- to have over 50 trophy lists by 2023. 

The only nonsense is your rant. Trophy policy comes from SONY. They decide. They deliver. Sony platform. 

• Like 1