RE2, RE3, RE7 PS5 Trophy Thoughts/Autopop?

The_ThrillBlazer

It’s so weird I auto popped 88% of trophies in resident evil 2 but resident evil 3 I got all trophies and my game is fully installed , any fix ? The 12% trophies left for me in resident evil 2 are hella annoying I gotta repeat the game and reach towards the end ? 

Man they screwed me with this autopop. Managed to get all trophies for RE2 except the trophy lore explorer. My save file records say I'm at 57/58 and I've got no clue what I'm missing :")

PSNP posting complaining always wins. Thankfully found it really fast

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

I have a genuine question about this whole auto-popping Platinum thing. I don't ever want a single auto-popped Platinum trophy on my profile, and I desperately want to avoid it ever happening. I want to play the PS5 versions of these Resident Evil games (and the Uncharted 4 PS5 version), and earn the Platinums all over again... HOW do I do this WITHOUT auto-popping the trophies? Is the data tied to my trophy collection, or to my saves? If it's tied to my saves, then no big deal, I just make sure I don't have the save files for this games on my console, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

I have a genuine question about this whole auto-popping Platinum thing. I don't ever want a single auto-popped Platinum trophy on my profile, and I desperately want to avoid it ever happening. I want to play the PS5 versions of these Resident Evil games (and the Uncharted 4 PS5 version), and earn the Platinums all over again... HOW do I do this WITHOUT auto-popping the trophies? Is the data tied to my trophy collection, or to my saves? If it's tied to my saves, then no big deal, I just make sure I don't have the save files for this games on my console, right?

You are given the option when you load them to import a save or not - you just chose "No"

You can see what that looks like in this short video (this is RE2R, but I would assume it's the same UI in RE3R):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0PuHXqpHE

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

No probs - I found that vid hunting for a similar reason  - I probably will Autopop eventually, but want to do at least a playthrough of each before I do

Yeah, I actually love how all these great games are re-releasing on PS5, as they give me another good reason to go back and spend all that time with them again (I know, I could just do that anyways, but... trophies! :P) I've always wished we could have some sort of "trophy reset" feature on PlayStation, as I often love the trophy journey as much as playing the game itself and would like to do it over again. I wish I could do the Tomb Raider Trilogy trophies on PS3 again for example, or the Afrika platinum. I had so much fun hunting the trophies in those games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maahniac said:

Yeah, I actually love how all these great games are re-releasing on PS5, as they give me another good reason to go back and spend all that time with them again (I know, I could just do that anyways, but... trophies! :P) I've always wished we could have some sort of "trophy reset" feature on PlayStation, as I often love the trophy journey as much as playing the game itself and would like to do it over again. I wish I could do the Tomb Raider Trilogy trophies on PS3 again for example, or the Afrika platinum. I had so much fun hunting the trophies in those games.

Me too - I know I could just auto-pop the lot, then play through the games after...

... but a decade of playing games with trophies / achievements has almost completely conditioned me to use those trophy pops as a sort of "progress marker" as I play through - even though auto popping after the fact or before is the same on paper, I like to see the trophies pop as I go, as it just feels right ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Me too - I know I could just auto-pop the lot, then play through the games after...

... but a decade of playing games with trophies / achievements has almost completely conditioned me to use those trophy pops as a sort of "progress marker" as I play through - even though auto popping after the fact or before is the same on paper, I like to see the trophies pop as I go, as it just feels right 1f602.png

Haha, exactly! I feel exactly the same way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You are given the option when you load them to import a save or not - you just chose "No"

You can see what that looks like in this short video (this is RE2R, but I would assume it's the same UI in RE3R):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0PuHXqpHE

Just curious, are the two only ways you can import through a USB or if you have PS Plus and your PS4 save file is backed up to the network? 

• Like 1

Just now, Partik24 said:

Just curious, are the two only ways you can import through a USB or if you have PS Plus and your PS4 save file is backed up to the network? 

I'm not sure - I used the cloud for all save management when I made the move from PS4 to PS5, not sure about the USB option or other methods.

I think USB works for PS4 saves, but not for PS5 ones? Need to check that with other sources though, I'm not an authority on that stuff - and beyond that, I'm not really sure what other methods would even be possible?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 5:11 AM, Mayadome said:

I hate this auto-pop crap. I was really looking forward to getting the trophies again. There's no way to avoid it happening, like do you have to network load your PS4 save?

Do you mean auto-pop cannot be avoided if you played the game on the same account? 

how about if you don't import save file 

• Like 1

Autopopping should have never been a thing, as the same games on different platforms should share the same trophy list (like Destiny PS3/PS4 for example). Looking through the list of PS3 and PS4 games on PSNP, there are a ton of games that share the same trophy list (PS3/PS4/PS Vita). Autopopping also enables people to get away with hacking trophies as they could hide their PS4 games with hacked 100% save and autopop trophies on PS5.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DogalZ said:

Autopopping should have never been a thing, as the same games on different platforms should share the same trophy list (like Destiny PS3/PS4 for example). Looking through the list of PS3 and PS4 games on PSNP, there are a ton of games that share the same trophy list (PS3/PS4/PS Vita).

There are, however, 0 games that share a list with PS5, as the back-end information is different.

Autopopping also enables people to get away with hacking trophies as they could hide their PS4 games with hacked 100% save and autopop trophies on PS5.

I don't think this is true - I'm not 100% certain, but I'm fairly sure i've seen folks get removed for having auto-popped lists, but being unable to show an "original" list from which these were auto-popped. 

I want to say Sound Shapes was a game that that happened with quite a bit?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

On 13/06/2022 at 9:57 PM, OTPYG said:

Love the salt. Imagine being so annoyed how others choose to do what they want with their games and utilising a feature the devs decided to implement. Says more about you than it does others, really. #prioritiesinlife

Hmmm, the only salty person I can see between you and I is the former. Any inferiority complex my friend? Seems like you took my comment very personally, even though it didn't target anyone in particular.

EDIT: Oh, I just checked your profile, now I know why you took that comment personally :o)

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Maahniac said:

Sometimes you can't avoid the auto popping like online trophies (call of duty, battlefield etc..) they pop as soon as you open the other version of the game, ps4 or 5.

• Like 1

Does Hell of a Sheriff autopop? I was hoping to replay all three games from scratch, earn that trophy on the PS4 version of RE2R, and then only autopop it on the PS5 version. Getting it once is going to suck but going for it twice is masochistic (unless something got changed to make No Way Out easier).

On 6/15/2022 at 10:31 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

you should note - of your 63 platinums, there are double stacks of Arkham City, Arkham Blackgate, God of War, God of War II, God of War III, Persona 4 Golden, Twin Breaker, Wanted: Weapons of Fate and Watch Dogs... and a triple stack of Arkham Asylum...

...all of which have nearly (or actually) identical lists.

So... perhaps you might want to carefully lower that stone?

...the walls in that glass house look awfully delicate.

Please quote where I said I don't complete duplicate trophy lists. 

Not wanting this trend to keep on existing does not preclude me from completing duplicate lists myself.

All trophies that have existed -even duplicate ones- should be eligible for digital/real life rewards. It's just that what I want going forward is to have one trophy lists for every game regardless of region/console. It will also make everything much more streamlined for when/if  Microsoft Achievements and Trophies become combined.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:31 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

No one is forced to get these versions, or add them to their profile - but personally, I like the idea that I can experience each one as much as I want to, then Auto-pop the remaining trophies if I feel like it - it lets me experience the upgrade, without having to do everything, and still keep a nice complete entry on my list... I don't feel the need to "prove" myself with the most extreme parts of the games - I already know I can run that gauntlet.

True. No one is "forced" to do anything, but how can I achieve full series completion in a time-respecting manner, other than by only playing the downgraded version?

I discuss this very thing in this God of War Ragnarok topic

3 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

True. No one is "forced" to do anything, but how can I achieve full series completion in a time-respecting manner, other than by only playing the downgraded version?

I discuss this very thing in this God of War Ragnarok topic

Why would you need to play every stack of every game to feel like you've "completed" a series?

If you're reading a series of books, do you feel you've only "finished" if you've read the hardback, the paper-copy and every reprint in every language? ?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why would you need to play every stack of every game to feel like you've "completed" a series?

If you're reading a series of books, do you feel you've only "finished" if you've read the hardback, the paper-copy and every reprint in every language? ?

Games and Books are different in that regard (though just so you know: There ARE people who crave buying and re-reading books when special editions come out).

It is also worth mentioning that I think physical books are obsolete; once you own a digital copy, that's it; it is only a matter of device choice once you go digital with books.
In other word, I'd like the same to happen to books as to video games.

It could be argued that PSNp also nudges players in the direction of series completion , since games of the same IP are now also categorized into "Stages". 

Edited by Seamndel
  • Like 1