RE2, RE3, RE7 PS5 Trophy Thoughts/Autopop?

The_ThrillBlazer

I dont give a fck what people do on their accounts but i don't autopop trophies. Reason i made this new account, but i must say i did import my saves for nioh and nioh2 as doing that all over again is pretty crazy. But elden ring i stacked legit twice and will do the same for these resident evil games. Hate autopopping trophies the same as doing those easy 5minute no skill braindead games. But you do you, won't tell others how to play or what to do on their account. 

Edited by Belmont85-
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

I dont give a fck what people do on their accounts but i don't autopop trophies. Reason i made this new account, but i must say i did import my saves for nioh and nioh2 as doing that all over again is pretty crazy. But elden ring i stacked legit twice and will do the same for these resident evil games. Hate autopopping trophies the same as doing those easy 5minute no skill braindead games. But you do you, won't tell others how to play or what to do on their account. 

This is pretty much what I’m saying, I’m just being more blunt.

Some ppl just can’t separate emotions from logic.

Oh well time to say how I’m leaving the tread to give off the idea that I’m taking the high ground like ppl actually give a shit.

*insert needless emoji here

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

On 2022-06-13 at 8:46 PM, bosstristan said:

And there we go, another auto-pop...

I was thinking about trying the new update but now I'm thinking twice, I don't want any of these shameful auto pops.

Such a weird outlook. Just earn it legit? I did that with Spider-Man something, I think both Miles and Remaster had it. I got both legit because I wanted to. I don’t care if other people autopopped it. Why do you care? It’s clear when someone auto pops from the time stamps and time. How does it take away from platting a game you allegedly enjoyed getting the plat for?

i play the PS5 versions first to get the best experience with the intent to get the plat again later on PS4 if I like it enough. I’d get people being mad if they forced it but from comments it’s an option to import your save so just do it legit again. Don’t get the fuss

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

Only autopop I have is Destiny 2 'cos there werent another way. There was too much time spent and content from year 1 you cant get nowadays to just start over :|

Right now I have 98 plats and I thinking about making (PS5) REmake 2 my #100 simply because this game is amazing.

Edited by StrykerBR92

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Such a weird outlook. Just earn it legit? I did that with Spider-Man something, I think both Miles and Remaster had it. I got both legit because I wanted to. I don’t care if other people autopopped it. Why do you care? It’s clear when someone auto pops from the time stamps and time. How does it take away from platting a game you allegedly enjoyed getting the plat for?

i play the PS5 versions first to get the best experience with the intent to get the plat again later on PS4 if I like it enough. I’d get people being mad if they forced it but from comments it’s an option to import your save so just do it legit again. Don’t get the fuss

I had mine screw up and autopop when I was in my cloud somehow not sure if I hit a button by accident or what not too concerned just about perturbed cause wanted to at least do a leon and a clair run getting what I could but I still went and did it later the accidental autopop

On 19.6.2022 at 11:35 PM, Gommes_ said:

Nah, it just "devalues" a platinum. And it is okay to notice a trend of people who don't want to overcome challenges anymore. This also applies to the flood of trash like the Breakthrough games. In the end this hobby used to revolve around the community of dedicated trophy hunters. Speaking of changes and the effects it has on this hobby should be the norm.

I would argue that this "hobby" more or less always revolved around creating a false air of self-importance by belittling other players for playing games not exactly the way trophy hunters deemed to be the correct way to play a game (in other words rushing through a game to get all achievements, drop it like a hot potato and bum-rush to the next one). Whenever there is an easy way for people to get trophies for games they just enjoy playing, "Trophy Hunters" spout about how devaluing this is to their sacred hobby, how trophies should provide challenge and stuff and be something you should put work in, but once a dev comes around and make a trophy that is meant to show that people actually like playing the game (by, for example, making one trophy about travelling 40075km on a skateboard, which you will get naturally by playing the game over a long period of time), the oh-so-great trophy hunter elites get together and whine because that is a such an unfair trophy, just because it didn't cater to them. They'd rather rubberband their controller and glitch the game then let it passively run 24/7 for about 2-3 weeks on end than actually play something they might find enjoyable.

17 hours ago, Dekaku said:

I would argue that this "hobby" more or less always revolved around creating a false air of self-importance by belittling other players for playing games not exactly the way trophy hunters deemed to be the correct way to play a game (in other words rushing through a game to get all achievements, drop it like a hot potato and bum-rush to the next one). Whenever there is an easy way for people to get trophies for games they just enjoy playing, "Trophy Hunters" spout about how devaluing this is to their sacred hobby, how trophies should provide challenge and stuff and be something you should put work in, but once a dev comes around and make a trophy that is meant to show that people actually like playing the game (by, for example, making one trophy about travelling 40075km on a skateboard, which you will get naturally by playing the game over a long period of time), the oh-so-great trophy hunter elites get together and whine because that is a such an unfair trophy, just because it didn't cater to them. They'd rather rubberband their controller and glitch the game then let it passively run 24/7 for about 2-3 weeks on end than actually play something they might find enjoyable.

Trophy hunting was always elitist which is totally fine for me and there is fine line between having skill in order to achieve a trophy or using glitches when requirements are just idiotic. Autopopping or the flood of cheap games however are something completely different. And I doubt that the so called "elites" are the ones whining about stupid requirements. It's rather people who, well, autopop ;)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.6.2022 at 6:02 PM, Gommes_ said:

Trophy hunting was always elitist which is totally fine for me and there is fine line between having skill in order to achieve a trophy or using glitches when requirements are just idiotic. Autopopping or the flood of cheap games however are something completely different. And I doubt that the so called "elites" are the ones whining about stupid requirements. It's rather people who, well, autopop ;)

Hard to tell, because usually the ones who who whine about requirements consider themselves to be "elites", and I don't have any interest in doing an analysis on each persons trophy page to see if they adhere to my personal interpretation of elites.

I would argue that a trophy should be a reward for people who are fans of the game, not a way for people who dont give a shit about the game to bolster their personal stats (had a run in with someone a couple of weeks ago who just couldn't stop bragging about how great he was for gathering "rare" platinums. He couldn't stop badmouthing the game that we were currently playing, and he ditched the game the second he got his platinum)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 2:35 PM, Gommes_ said:

Nah, it just "devalues" a platinum. And it is okay to notice a trend of people who don't want to overcome challenges anymore. This also applies to the flood of trash like the Breakthrough games. In the end this hobby used to revolve around the community of dedicated trophy hunters. Speaking of changes and the effects it has on this hobby should be the norm.

I’m glad someone else finally sees the light. 

You remember back in the old PSNP website format (before the year 2017 came around), you used to have trophy tips for individual trophies? Also, you had the average trophy rarity statistic on the main page on peoples profiles. 

Back in 2014 - 2016 having a 42.12% average rarity (mine) would of been considered average or on the higher end. Nowadays, that is lower than the vast majority of trophy hunters.

What happened? EZPZ games. Autopops. And they have both become an utter joke.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

On 14/06/2022 at 3:21 PM, Metabolic-V said:

Just tested RE7 to see exactly what auto popped and what didn't right off the bat, I'm honestly not that bothered about having another Plat so figured why not? I'll list it below with the % I got and what DIDN'T pop under. 

Base game - 60% unlocked. 

Biosplattered - Plat

End of the Night - ending 1

Just a Memory Now - ending 2

In the Bag - Increase item slots

Duck if you love life - dodge scissor attack

Fly Swatter - shoot and knock back Marguerite

1st place science fair - create all chem/strong Chem items

Can't catch me - complete 'mia' tape without being spotted

Out before dessert - complete 'happy birthday' under 5 mins.

Resource Manager - complete game without opening box 3+ times

Walk it off - complete game without using 3+ first aid meds. 

Banned Footage Vol 1 - 8%

Sleepless in Dulvey - complete night terror

Like mama used to make - complete bedroom

Ratcatcher - find all dead rats

Ethan never dies - complete Ethan must die

Banned Footage Vol 2 - 72%

Don't keep the man waiting - complete stage with 10 min time bonus or higher.

Best birthday ever - get S rank or higher in all stages.

End of Zoe - 0%

Have to do the whole thing again. 

Not a Hero - 100%

If all your looking for is another Plat and you have ps+ all your auto saves go with you so you can probably figure out what to load to get the few you'll need easy enough. 

Pretty much the same for me. 

Anyone know if getting a random S rank on one Jack's Birthday will unlock the trophy of will I have to start from stratch on that? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22.7.2022 at 11:30 PM, chrisy21 said:

Pretty much the same for me. 

Anyone know if getting a random S rank on one Jack's Birthday will unlock the trophy of will I have to start from stratch on that? 

On 14.6.2022 at 4:21 PM, Metabolic-V said:

Just tested RE7 to see exactly what auto popped and what didn't right off the bat, I'm honestly not that bothered about having another Plat so figured why not? I'll list it below with the % I got and what DIDN'T pop under. 

Base game - 60% unlocked. 

Biosplattered - Plat

End of the Night - ending 1

Just a Memory Now - ending 2

In the Bag - Increase item slots

Duck if you love life - dodge scissor attack

Fly Swatter - shoot and knock back Marguerite

1st place science fair - create all chem/strong Chem items

Can't catch me - complete 'mia' tape without being spotted

Out before dessert - complete 'happy birthday' under 5 mins.

Resource Manager - complete game without opening box 3+ times

Walk it off - complete game without using 3+ first aid meds. 

Banned Footage Vol 1 - 8%

Sleepless in Dulvey - complete night terror

Like mama used to make - complete bedroom

Ratcatcher - find all dead rats

Ethan never dies - complete Ethan must die

Banned Footage Vol 2 - 72%

Don't keep the man waiting - complete stage with 10 min time bonus or higher.

Best birthday ever - get S rank or higher in all stages.

End of Zoe - 0%

Have to do the whole thing again. 

Not a Hero - 100%

If all your looking for is another Plat and you have ps+ all your auto saves go with you so you can probably figure out what to load to get the few you'll need easy enough. 

Could you do the trophies that DIDNT auto pop on the old save via NG+ or did you have to do it on a fresh new save?

Thanks in advance

Edited by servus99

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/06/2022 at 9:35 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Man they screwed me with this autopop. Managed to get all trophies for RE2 except the trophy lore explorer. My save file records say I'm at 57/58 and I've got no clue what I'm missing :")

PSNP posting complaining always wins. Thankfully found it really fast

I'm having the same problem. I've Already look everywhere and don't know which of theses goddamn files are the one i'm missing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I thought I would come here to clarify that this auto-pop isn't exactly the most accurate, but it looks like others are already having the same issue anyway. All three games were already at 100% for their PlayStation 4 versions on my account, but transferring my save files over to their PlayStation 5 versions, the only 100%/plat that auto-popped was Resident Evil 2 (which is why that it says that I achieved the entire trophy list in 1 second on my account). As for Resident Evil 3 and 7, those didn't go as smoothly. The former auto-popped at 56% and the latter at 45%.

I don't mind replaying the games if I have to, as I love the series, but if anybody has a solution around the auto-pops working, that would be good. Otherwise, I will suck it up and get through these games again at some point.