Can't upgrade my Gold Edition for Free

Does anyone else have the problem? I can't upgrade my Gold Edition that I purchased on disc. The store says I have to pay 19.99€.

Edit: you can now select the version and then you can upgrade if you select the Gold Edition on the right now. 

Edited by Hinsusta
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Boss_Kowbel said:

There are reports that people who got Resident Evil 7 for free with PS+ can’t get the free upgrade for PS5. 

That’d be pretty scummy if they did that, especially since the product description states that owners of the game on PS4 can upgrade at no extra cost. I feel like they’d also state that PS+ copies of the game are unable to upgrade if that were the case. It literally just released though, so it might be an error/bug that will (hopefully) get fixed soon.

• Like 1

Oh man, I lost the chance for the glitch (if there was one).

It was to be expected. Sony always tries to track the license of all ps4/ps5 when the ps + membership is involved. No surprise for me that No ps5 upgrade for ps plus collection.

Edit: US Region, I tried with the app and with Ps5 also, no luck.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Is gold edition owners the only ones who get the free upgrade? I bought standard edition ages ago but i have no option to download the PS5 version.

I can download the PS5 versions of RE2-3 just fine but not RE7.

Edited by Quink666

1 hour ago, SolaceP said:

I have the regular digital version of RE7, and purchased the season pass separately, will I have access to the dlc for the ps5 version?

I got the game free with PS5, but bought the season pass. It looks like the game upgrade isn't free, but the season pass is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boss_Kowbel said:

There are reports that people who got Resident Evil 7 for free with PS+ can’t get the free upgrade for PS5. 

That makes me sad. I sold my copy of the game after it was added to PlayStation Plus Collection. 

7 hours ago, Boss_Kowbel said:

I actually have both the PS+ Collection version, and the Gold Edition (I know, that sounds dumb... I had the PS+ Collection version downloaded, but when I wanted to play the game, the Gold Edition was on sale for half the price of the season pass, so I ended up buying that, and now own both.)

Looking at the PS5 ports that are available in the store, the Gold Edition PS5 is free to me, but the Standard PS5 one is not.

That would suggest that this is correct - I have to assume the only people to whom the PS5 Standard edition will be free, are those who bought the digital version of it prior to it being on the PS+ Collection. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Now I regret selling my physical gold edition...

I too can't upgrade my ps+ version.

But, wasn't there a similiar situation with Final Fantasy 7 Remake when people could not upgrade their ps+ version to Ps5? I think they fixed it after a while. 

Maybe RE7 will be fixed to.

From Official Site:

Those who purchased the PlayStation® 4 version are eligible for upgrades. Please be careful about duplicate purchases.

Regarding the upgrade

The base game and downloadable content are available for upgrades.
To upgrade, please go to the PlayStation® Store page and execute from the content icon.
The base game and the downloadable content need to be upgraded individually. They cannot be upgraded simultaneously.

2 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

But, wasn't there a similiar situation with Final Fantasy 7 Remake when people could not upgrade their ps+ version to Ps5? I think they fixed it after a while. 

Well yes, but it's currently the only PS5 game that has an entry on the PlayStation Webstore but you must upgrade only from a PS5, even if you own it digitally (purchased or from PS+)

18 hours ago, shxrpay said:

That’d be pretty scummy if they did that, especially since the product description states that owners of the game on PS4 can upgrade at no extra cost. I feel like they’d also state that PS+ copies of the game are unable to upgrade if that were the case. It literally just released though, so it might be an error/bug that will (hopefully) get fixed soon.

They kinda do say so though. If you have it through PS+, you didn't purchase it, you don't own it, you only have access to it via a subscription service.

It's unfortunate but certainly not unexpected that the free upgrade to a PS5 version only applies to those who outright bought the game.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Kotetsu42x
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kotetsu42x said:

They kinda do say so though. If you have it through PS+, you didn't purchase it, you don't own it, you only have access to it via a subscription service.

It's unfortunate that certainly not unexpected that the free upgrade to a PS5 version only applies to those who outright bought the game.

Not the same as this but i remember being able to upgrade Dead By Daylight from the PS+ version, it overwrote my license, and became permanently mine lol xD

• Like 1

I've owned the regular edition and season pass digitally since Day 1, and can't get the free upgrade, presumably because of PS+. Despite never redeeming it from PS+ (don't think it's even possible to do that when you already own a game), there's still a PS+ icon next to the game on the store. So even if PS+ versions not having free upgrades is intentional, it appears those who bought the regular edition digitally and are also subscribed to PS+ aren't able to redeem, which would be unintended. All the season pass content is labelled as free on PS5, but not the upgrade itself.