Can't upgrade my Gold Edition for Free

5 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I'm curious, does the standard disc upgrade to the PS5 version for free...or is it only Gold Edition that does? Anyone willing to test? I searched briefly but found no info.

The standard RE7 disc will upgrade to the base PS5 version for free. If you then own the season pass, you’ll have to redeem the free PS5 DLC by going to the Add-Ons section. 

I own a launch edition disc and the PS+ version of RE7, but only the disc would let me get the free PS5 upgrade, even when redeeming the offer on my PS5. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SethHulc said:

Didn't they do the same with Final Fantasy 7 Remake and then walked back... made it available as a free upgrade to all?

I would hope something similar happens here as well..

I believe we knew ahead of time — as early as the PS5 version announcement, if I recall — that FF7 Remake wouldn’t be a free upgrade to PS+ users, but Square Enix reversed that decision about a year later. 

The store listing also stated that, so there was no confusion. 

Edited by Boss_Kowbel

If anyone had issues seeing the PS5 upgrade for free when inserting the PS4 disk, know that it is region locked: I bought a NA copy of RE3 and tried to get the upgrade on my French main account, and couldn't get the upgrade for free, it kept showing €39,99€ on the store. I had to use my US account to get that upgrade for free, and I could then play in on my main account (FR).

I thought region compatibility was history, but apparently it's not, I had the same issue with a Sackboy's Big Adventure DLC.

Edited by bosstristan

On 6/21/2022 at 8:02 PM, bosstristan said:

If anyone had issues seeing the PS5 upgrade for free when inserting the PS4 disk, know that it is region locked: I bought a NA copy of RE3 and tried to get the upgrade eon my main account from France, and couldn't get the upgrade for free, it kept showing €39,99€ on the store. I had to use my US account to get that upgrade for free, and I could then play in on my main account (FR).

I thought region compatibility was history, but apparently it's not, I had the same issue with a Sackoy's Big Adventure DLC.

That explain something. 

I have a US account and bought the EUR RE7 disk (not gold) version. Can't upgrade ir. Maybe I will need to create a EUR account just to upgrade it and the install PS5 version to share it with my US account. So boring. 

• Like 1