Auto pop issues

JoeNDM

I don't get what the issue is, if the auto pop fails for you. Can't you just delete the PS5 data and then regrab it and try again, or can you only try auto popping once?

(I have no idea how auto popping works)

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I don't get what the issue is, if the auto pop fails for you. Can't you just delete the PS5 data and then regrab it and try again, or can you only try auto popping once?

(I have no idea how auto popping works)

Usually when you autopop a platinum, all the trophies unlock at the same time so even if you close the game after the first trophy pops, you still would have the plat.

I think the auto pop itself isn't working correctly for this game hence why everyone isn't unlocking the same trophies

Edited by APaulingGameplay

From the Official Site:

Regarding the Trophy transfer

If you have not manually saved, or auto-saved after you have achieved the Trophy requirement, the Trophy information will not be transferred.
Also, the following Trophies for "RESIDENT EVIL 7: biohazard" and "RESIDENT EVIL 7: biohazard Gold Edition" are not transferrable regardless of your save state.

• End of the Night
  • Just A Memory Now
  • In the Bag
  • Can't Catch Me
  • Out Before Dessert
  • Resource Manager
  • Walk it Off
  • Promise Kept
  • King of the Swamp
  • The Only Guns You Need
  • Fastest Man in the Swamp
  • Queensberry Rules
  • Swamp Warfare
  • Like Mama Used to Make
  • Ratcatcher
  • Sleepless in Dulvey
  • Ethan Never Dies
  • Don't Keep the Man Waiting
  • Best Birthday Ever
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

Had a save before the final boss, I loaded that and collected the last 4 files and the trophy popped, then finished the game and unlocked one of the endings trophies. So check your saves.

Yeah that’s how i did it it. I had 4 different save files all before the last boss. One of the save files gave me two trophies for not using the item box and health items more than 3 times and one of the endings, then i loaded up another save file which gave me the other ending. Then i only had 5 trophies left, 3 miscellaneous(in the bag, duck if you love life, fly swatter) and the two trophies for the two videotapes, got those in a new play through.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheNarrator said:

Just looking at a lot of threads on this site shows that people are more and more interested in using auto-pops, glitches, bugs, AFK methods, cheat codes, etc to get their trophies, infact they avoid the actual playing of a game as much as humanly possible xD.

Can understand not wanting to replay a game again after legit platting it, but auto-popping seems to falsely pump up your trophy count. But then you could say the same about all the cheap or easier Mayo type games too.

Cool to see these Resi games have been upgraded though :).

Yeah mate it is rather unfortunate but it is the way things are these days unfortunately I don't have anything against those that use those methods mind you I just wish that it didn't exist (auto-popping) but again that is just my opinion I prefer actually playing through the game all over again and re-earning the trophies, done everything I could to avoid auto-popping plague tale but for some reason the 100 upgrades trophy (which funnily enough people say doesn't actually autopop) popped for me whenever I started the game up on PS5 my heart SANK cause I thought they were all about to start popping but at least the rest of them didn't actually pop.

Fortunately I had a save right before the final boss, on which I had the item box and healing item trophies practically finished. Annoying for those that have to re-do them though.

I’m seriously hoping all the DLC trophies auto pop. They were difficult

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Having to redo Ethan Must Die is nasty stuff, but everything else that doesn't autopop isn't too bad depending on if you kept your playthroughs in different save files or not.

Yeah, not sure I'm up for completing this a third time. Got it once for a friend on Xbox One that took hours and then the second time on my copy for PS4. I attempted it again last night and after a few tries, I turned it off ?

The hardest trophy that’s gonna have to be redone is completing Ethan must die mode.. other than that, everything else is easy. If you had multiple save files from the main game, you could reload all those saves up each and do each ending, resource manager, and walk it off, no problem. Same with end of Zoe trophies. Someone also mentioned that you only need to S rank one stage to get the best birthday ever trophy, provided you already had that on ps4. Then the next difficult trophy is don’t keep the man waiting, which I don’t believe is too hard.

edit: competing night terror again might be difficult… but me, I went for the infinite ammo unlock reward, even after acquiring the trophy originally because I’m a sucker for all unlocks lol… so that was easy for me to get again, infinite ammo and MAG, have fun!

Edited by darkhadou10

22 hours ago, BloodiedWraith said:

It said during the save conversion that not all trophies would automatically unlock. Mine not unlocked were:

End of Night: Ending 1

Just a Memory Now: Ending 2

In the Bag: Increase your item slots

Duck if You Love Life: Avoid Jack's scissor attack by crouching

Fly Swatter: Shoot and knock back Marguerite while she's leaping at you

Can't Catch Me: Complete "Mia" videotape without being spotted by Marguerite

Out Before Dessert: Complete the "Happy Birthday" video tape within 5 minutes

Resource Manager: Complete the game without opening the item box more than 3 times

Walk it Off: Complete the game using only 3 First Aid Meds or less

Hold up, now that I checked… my trophies for duck if you love me and fly swatter auto popped for me… and the trophy for collecting all coins on madhouse difficulty also popped for me.

Wait, how does one get the fastest man in the swamp trophy again if I’ve already completed all the extreme challenges before? The challenges don’t pop up again if you’ve already completed them. Has anyone gotten that one yet and if so, how? It didn’t auto pop for me.

21 minutes ago, Kenshin_EvoX said:

Can you delete your Zoe save from the PS5 save settings and try making a fresh save?

I can’t on the ps5 save file because it seems it’s all one file but on the ps4 save I can break it down into which ones I can delete… I may try to delete the ps5 save then reupload the ps4 save without the end of Zoe save but that means I have to at least beat end of Zoe once to unlock the extreme challenges… and I don’t really feel like doing that :(

has anyone else gotten this issue? I know I can’t be the only one who has done all the extreme challenges on ps4 then upload save onto ps5 and not had this trophy pop?

On 6/13/2022 at 10:44 PM, big-_-_-_-boss69 said:

End of Zoe was quick, got all of them except Swamp Warfare using both my final save points. Used Dual AMGs on final Jack fight on Joe Must Die and was able to do that Extreme Challenge and got Queensberry Rules during the fight. My other Normal save was already fists only so got them in 20 min

How did you get the extreme challenge trophy again? Did you already have the trophy prior to uploading your save to the ps5 version?

17 trophies didnt auto pop for me. ironcally theyre all the ones i need to put effort into getting. looks like 2 playthroughs again, the student chemical one what ever its called(the most annoying one going!) all the coins and files again.

Im not in any rush to play the game again, so hopefully it gets patched to work before i go for them again.

8 hours ago, Kenshin_EvoX said:

Can you delete your Zoe save from the PS5 save settings and try making a fresh save?

This worked for me but this is how I went about it. My current save file already has everything unlocked, all challenges completed. I backed that save file up completely. So then I went into my ps4 saves and deleted just the end of Zoe system save so that all the other in game save files stayed for end of Zoe. So when I booted up, it looked like nothing was unlocked at all… I loaded up an old normal difficulty save that was at the final boss, beat him then it told me I unlocked extreme challenges. So I started up a new normal game save and got to the 1st challenge, completed it and the trophy popped. So after that, I restored my save file that had everything unlocked so I didn’t have to do all the challenges again. So I have all my w restored and completed. Thanks for that idea man!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darkhadou10 said:

This worked for me but this is how I went about it. My current save file already has everything unlocked, all challenges completed. I backed that save file up completely. So then I went into my ps4 saves and deleted just the end of Zoe system save so that all the other in game save files stayed for end of Zoe. So when I booted up, it looked like nothing was unlocked at all… I loaded up an old normal difficulty save that was at the final boss, beat him then it told me I unlocked extreme challenges. So I started up a new normal game save and got to the 1st challenge, completed it and the trophy popped. So after that, I restored my save file that had everything unlocked so I didn’t have to do all the challenges again. So I have all my w restored and completed. Thanks for that idea man!

not 100% sure what you just stated you did. im interested in this and any other workarounds you found. platinum is easy enough but 100% for dlc is going to be a pain without some fixes like this.