Diablo IV

LegendExeter

So in another thread I committed to platinuming this game, apparently it will be out for PC, XBOX X, and PS 5.

I think it looks incredible, very excited for the open world rather than constant linear games or randomized dungeons.

Anyone getting excited for this, looks like a hell of a lot of fun:

• Like 2

Diablo 3 is one of my most played games. Been playing it somewhat consistently for 9 years. So I'm definitely excited for it. Day 1 buy for sure.

But at the same time, I'm going into it very hesitantly. Diablo 3 has so much content now and the builds are so well polished, there's just no way 4 will have that at launch. Especially when I think back to 3's launch.

So yeah, it looks awesome, I'm super excited, can't wait to get my hands on it... but I'm keeping my expectations in check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

So in another thread I committed to platinuming this game, apparently it will be out for PC, XBOX X, and PS 5.

I think it looks incredible, very excited for the open world rather than constant linear games or randomized dungeons.

Anyone getting excited for this, looks like a hell of a lot of fun:

It's also coming to Xbox One and PS4, it will be cross-play and cross-progression according to the latest article on Business Wire and DiabloFans :) (and it was released after the Necromancer reveal trailer)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

That's a stretch. Lots of games have greedy mobile games without effecting the main series. More often than not actually.

If a greedy mobile game automatically means the main series is ruined than I'm super worried about the next Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of, Dragon Quest, and about 40 other franchises.

Not a stretch at all once you see how that game works and you realized that Blizzard is a pretty scummy company that will definitely jump at the opportunity to implement that further. You should definitely be worried. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Not a stretch at all once you see how that game works and you realized that Blizzard is a pretty scummy company that will definitely jump at the opportunity to implement that further. You should definitely be worried. 

Eh to each their own I guess. Personally I believe in an "innocent until proven guilty" type of society but you're entitled to think what you want. I just don't live my life in fear of "might happen".

There's way more precedent for it not to happen, than there is for it to happen, and that's more than enough for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Eh to each their own I guess. Personally I believe in an "innocent until proven guilty" type of society but you're entitled to think what you want. I just don't live my life in fear of "might happen".

There's way more precedent for it not to happen, than there is for it to happen, and that's more than enough for me.

Hey, you are also entitled to be ignorant to these practices and how the company treats its audience. It's not like you can verify this by doing a little research in these practices, but it is your privilege to be turn blind eye to this. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Hey, you are also entitled to be ignorant to these practices and how the company treats its audience. It's not like you can verify this by doing a little research in these practices, but it is your privilege to be turn blind eye to this. 

Again, like I said above. There's easily 50+ franchises that released a greedy mobile game and had 0 effect on the main series. That's more than enough evidence for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

Again, like I said above. There's easily 50+ franchises that released a greedy mobile game and had 0 effect on the main series. That's more than enough evidence for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sure, whataboutism is a wonderful tool for a defense. Ignorance is bliss is also a great motton in this case. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Sure, whataboutism is a wonderful tool for a defense. Ignorance is bliss is also a great motton in this case. 

You just posted a status update about the Persona re-releases. Why aren't you worried about those having MTX's jammed into them? The SMT mobile game is incredibly greedy. Why aren't you jumping to the assumption that Sega is licking their lips and wringing their hands with greed?

Aren't we just supposed to assume the worst and blacklist any game that has greedy mobile ties?

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 3

As someone who begrudgingly played Diablo 3 on PC with PC friends, the promise of cross-platform play basically has me sold on it.  Diablo 3 on console was a riot, I'm guessing this probably will be too, and now I can play with my PC friends from the comfort of my recliner/4K TV with proper gamepad support.

I'm less concerned about the MTX and more about how horrible Blizzard as reportedly been in the past to their employees and working environment.  Never thought I'd say this, but maybe Microsoft buying them out will afford me the opportunity to buy Diablo 4 without taking too big of a karma hit. xD

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

You just posted a status update about the Persona re-releases. Why aren't you worried about those having MTX's jammed into them? The SMT mobile game is incredibly greedy. Why aren't you jumping to the assumption that Sega is licking their lips and wringing their hands with greed?

Aren't we just supposed to assume the worst and blacklist any game that has greedy mobile ties?

Cause those do not have greedy monetization that forces you spend money to progress, nor does this tie to any mobile game like Diablo Immortal is to PC. How many good games have Blizzard released in the past few years or at least those that weren't utterly fucked with predatory microtransactions? We are talking about the same company that has a well-documented history of harassment and abusing women employee that has been going on for years. Now you have a greedy monetization in their games that makes Battlefront 2 on its launch day look charitable.

If you want to play whataboutism, at least pick a better company to defend. ?

• Like 1

Oh and let's not forget the real money auction house in D3 when it first released. Blizzard has only gotten worse since then. Maybe Microsoft buying them out will help, but for now expect them to test out new ways to squeeze money out of their player base.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Cause those do not have greedy monetization that forces you spend money to progress, nor does this tie to any mobile game like Diablo Immortal is to PC. How many good games have Blizzard released in the past few years or at least those that weren't utterly fucked with predatory microtransactions? We are talking about the same company that has a well-documented history of harassment and abusing women employee that has been going on for years. Now you have a greedy monetization in their games that makes Battlefront 2 on its launch day look charitable.

If you want to play whataboutism, at least pick a better company to defend. 1f609.png

Oh ok. I'm the idiot. I didn't realize that abusing women meant their games were going to be full of microtransactions. I did not see that link. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, Doodleburry said:

What world do you live in? There's a mountain of precedence with Blizzard when it comes to them adding boosts and MTX to their core games. They even added MTX and boosts to classic, and that's meant to be a 1:1 copy of the original version. It won't be as bad as Immortal but you're smoking something if you think D4 won't follow WoW with boosts and hiding their best skins behind real money purchases. 

I 100% expect it to have some minor stuff. Maybe skins as well. As they should. Diablo 3 got like 8 years of free support and it always blew my mind that they never tried to monetize that. And they've said 4 is going to have that same level of support. They'd be dumb to not try to get some of that $ back.

But pay to progress like that guy is implying? There's never been a console game with forced pay to progress and I doubt D4 is going to be the first one.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 2

Cautiously optimistic for this game, as I've enjoyed what they've shown off from it so far.

Not too worried about MTX just quite yet unless they end up heavily leaning in the P2W direction, which certainly is possible sadly.

2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Oh ok. I'm the idiot. I didn't realize that abusing women meant their games were going to be full of microtransactions. I did not see that link. Thank you.

No worries. The first step is actually admitting that. There is at least one thing you are on a good path. ?

29 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

The always online requirement and Diablo Immortal structure give it 2 early red flags from me but that’s not saying they can’t do right. I’m in the boat of exercising caution. Hope they prove us wrong.

Well, not really, for the former. It could probably mean that cross-play/progression will be enabled across ALL platforms.