Diablo IV

LegendExeter

17 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

Open world. Jesus, why? Do we really need to put open worlds in every genre? Can't Diablo just be Diablo, with randomized dungeons? Kinda kills most of the hype for me. 

No wait, it will still have randomized dungeons. https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-4/dungeons

Also open world Diablo clones aren't new. Remember Sacred 1 and 2?

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Well, not really, for the former. It could probably mean that cross-play/progression will be enabled across ALL platforms.

Sure. I don’t disagree there are perks to always online games. I personally just don’t like them because you have to assume Blizzard or whatever other company servers will always be up and running, PSN will always be up and running, as well as your own internet connection. Call me old fashioned but I like the assurance I can pop in a disc and play regardless of online status.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No wait, it will still have randomized dungeons. https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-4/dungeons

Also open world Diablo clones aren't new. Remember Sacred 1 and 2?

Did not know that. I hear "fully realized open world" in the first minute, like it's something to brag about, I just cringe. It's kind of a tick at this point. 

And that's kinda my point. Open world Diablo clones or open worlds in general aren't anything new. It's been done to death. The original, the thing that others copy and modify should stay the way it was. I don't know, maybe it will and the open world aspect will be something that's barely noticeable. I hope so. 

On 6/14/2022 at 11:03 AM, KingGuy420 said:

That's a stretch. Lots of games have greedy mobile games without effecting the main series. More often than not actually.

If a greedy mobile game automatically means the main series is ruined than I'm super worried about the next Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of, Dragon Quest, and about 40 other franchises.

Going even further (and perhaps a bit too cynical), but I think those greedy mobile spin-offs (and their success) is probably why we get mostly untainted mainline games. Thank the whales for our good fortune.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 0:17 AM, the1andonly654 said:

Open world. Jesus, why? Do we really need to put open worlds in every genre? Can't Diablo just be Diablo, with randomized dungeons? Kinda kills most of the hype for me. 

Especially if it ends up being a checkmark collector like most open worlds these days

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2022 at 10:15 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

I'll approach this with a boatload of caution. Diablo 3 was a huge step back in the series and Blizzard has been plagued by non-stop problems and incessant greed ever since. D4 will be a bargain bin pickup for me years after release if it turns out to not be shit.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:17 AM, Doodleburry said:

Oh and let's not forget the real money auction house in D3 when it first released. Blizzard has only gotten worse since then. Maybe Microsoft buying them out will help, but for now expect them to test out new ways to squeeze money out of their player base.

I've completely given up on Blizzard. Diablo Immortal was the final straw for me and that showing they had was an embarrassment. Considering Microsoft's long track record when it comes to purchasing gaming companies, I don't know if Activision/Blizzard can pull through.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is on my backlog. Hopefully there's no actual Pay2Win on it like Ubisoft has for their modern games.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:17 AM, Doodleburry said:

Oh and let's not forget the real money auction house in D3 when it first released. Blizzard has only gotten worse since then. Maybe Microsoft buying them out will help, but for now expect them to test out new ways to squeeze money out of their player base.

I actually made enough money to pay for the next WoW expansion from the D3 AH, but after that, there was nothing you can really buy with real money. These games aren't as PVP oriented for late game as D2 was, so the pay to win thing is kind of silly, although I didn't touch the mobile game because most of those have MTX so I'm unsure there. D4 will be more of a diablo lite MMO and honestly unless it's cosmetic, there doesn't seem to be any reason to pay for anything in there either. Most of the fun is the hunt for items in these games.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is on my backlog. Hopefully there's no actual Pay2Win on it like Ubisoft has for their modern games.

It's completely P2W-free. The only "DLC" is just for some extra storage character slots and minor cosmetic stuff, but it's probably a PC exclusive and nothing to really fuss about.

Edited by Lance_87

On 14/6/2022 at 10:48 AM, MarcusPunisher said:

Can't wait for it to be ruined with Pay2Win and Microtransactions to progress further like in Diablo Immortal. 

This, i rather go for the 600+ Hours it takes diablo 2 to plat,and wait for the final product (as in no more updated) in the meantime

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Blizzard has surprisingly been on the up and up lately with classic wow updates, overwatch 2, a new season and new content in D2R despite all their layoffs and breast milk scandals

but im still skeptical , i mean they did ruin the diablo franchise with diablo 3 making it from a gritty dark game to some ultra unrealistic extra bright whimsical fantasy game

Edited by Property_Damage

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the open beta is this month (March). 17-19th of March (preorders only) and 24-26th of March (everyone). Apparently this is for all platforms too.

It's certainly the game I'm hyped the most for this year (so far), and I hope the first open beta impressions won't change that! I'm skeptical of some of the changes, but that's normal.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lurch_9944 said:

Has anyone got their code for the beta from pre-ordering yet? Or is there some other way to access the beta this weekend?

Did you preorder it digitally from the PSN store? If so, just go to the product page and select the “…” button. One of the menu options should say “Open beta” (only available if you preordered, otherwise it will become available next Wednesday). The beta client is treated as a different edition of the game.

• Like 1

Hoping PSN gets cross play alongside Xbox and PC. So far I only see Cross Play and Cross Progression for Xbox and PC, which makes sense since Microsoft owns both, it feels safe to assume PSN will also get it. But I haven't seen an official statement yet, if someone has please link it to me.

11 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Hoping PSN gets cross play alongside Xbox and PC. So far I only see Cross Play and Cross Progression for Xbox and PC, which makes sense since Microsoft owns both, it feels safe to assume PSN will also get it. But I haven't seen an official statement yet, if someone has please link it to me.

Source? I thought the cross-play was between ALL platforms.

ps: AFAIK Microsoft doesn't "own" it YET.