Diablo IV

LegendExeter

1 hour ago, mrmivo said:

Did you preorder it digitally from the PSN store? If so, just go to the product page and select the “…” button. One of the menu options should say “Open beta” (only available if you preordered, otherwise it will become available next Wednesday). The beta client is treated as a different edition of the game.

thank you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Source? I thought the cross-play was between ALL platforms.

ps: AFAIK Microsoft doesn't "own" it YET.

Didn't say it wasn't happening, was just saying I hadn't seen it confirmed yet. But based on the below quote, it appears I was reading an outdated article.

10 hours ago, mrmivo said:

The game is fully cross play and cross progression on all platforms, PS4 and PS5 included. 

Crossplay will be enabled for the beta too.

Thank you, that's great to know. The article I read must have been outdated, as it said PSN had yet to be confirmed. Assumed it would be either way but had me sweating for a second.

7 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Didn't say it wasn't happening, was just saying I hadn't seen it confirmed yet. But based on the below quote, it appears I was reading an outdated article.

Thank you, that's great to know. The article I read must have been outdated, as it said PSN had yet to be confirmed. Assumed it would be either way but had me sweating for a second.

I think it was confirmed right after the announcement of the Necromancer class a whole year ago. I wasn't even expecting it to be released on old-gen systems before that (or on PlayStation at all... but hey, it was formally announced for PC, Xbox and PlayStation back in 2019!)

Crossplay would be great if it also supports trophies. I've bought it on pc and I'm sure if it's not a moneygrabbing immortal style game I'll be pumping in hundreds of hours. Nice bonus if it drops on sale for psn in a few years to get a free autopop platinum :P 

I really enjoyed this beta and played more than I expected. Got a barb to 23, sorcerer to 25, and a melee rogue to 25. Rogue engaged me the most, though it was the least likely class I thought I’d enjoy. Felt really great with the controller.

The game ran smoothly on the PS5 and looked very good, no issues. Cross-play with people on PC was flawless, even across regions. I had a key for PC also and cross-progression was enabled. That too was a seamless experience. I wasn’t sure which platform I’d play this on, but after the beta and the very positive crossplay experience with PC friends, I settled on the PS5. That’s where I preordered it anyway.

Looking forward to next weekend’s beta and the release.

Edited by mrmivo
  • Like 3

I hope I will make some time to actually play the beta this weekend. I have tons of little things to do, RE4 to play, Dead Space to play, John Wick to see :P

Also, I wonder how many people will name their female barbarians Abby :D 

Edited by Iksde

1 hour ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

So you wait ages in a queue, only to then link your Battle.net account and get stuck on a "logging in" screen again? ?

Wait, when you link the account, you go to the back of the queue and wait again? ?

Glad I said fuck it when it asked me to create an account then. 

15 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Wait, when you link the account, you go to the back of the queue and wait again? 1f601.png

I managed to get in on my third attempt and fortunately, the game was good.

But I do hate this stupid thing of needing another account just to play. Why do I need it?

15 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Barbara is the most appropriate name for a female Barbarian in my opinion1f600.png

4 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

I managed to get in on my third attempt and fortunately, the game was good.

But I do hate this stupid thing of needing another account just to play. Why do I need it?

It's cross-play between all platforms so I guess they needed battle.net to connect console folks with PC players. 

I'll just wait for the full version. 

22 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Wait, when you link the account, you go to the back of the queue and wait again? 1f601.png

As in you quit the game, or you managed to skip linking an account somehow?

14 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

The beta is good, but my biggest concern are the forced disconnects when you teleport from a dungeon to town.

I played for three hours last night and never had any disconnects. The only issues were occasional rubber banding when entering certain areas.

Though are you in the US? I heard there's more issues on US servers than Europe.

14 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

I played for three hours last night and never had any disconnects. The only issues were occasional rubber banding when entering certain areas.

Though are you in the US? I heard there's more issues on US servers than Europe.

Europe. Yeah i got the rubberbanding, too. But it doesn't make any sense that ONLY using the town portal makes me disconnect. Entering/exiting a dungeon doesn't cause issues.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2023 at 8:39 AM, Creasy007 said:

Looking forward to getting a look at the trophy list finally. Surely it's gotta be online very soon.

We are less than a week until early access launch...where is this trophy list? 

I need to know if it will be like Diablo 3 trophies (yay) or Diablo 2 trophies (yikes). ?