Diablo IV

LegendExeter

46 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

How does the multiplayer work? is there matchmaking?

If I’m not mistaken, there are specific areas of the map for pvp. Otherwise the rest of the game is a multiplayer open world. The campaign and dungeons are private instances for you and your party (if you’re in one). World events/bosses and players hubs are where you’ll most encounter other players. You’ll just get put into a server with a couple dozen players and go about your business basically. 

• Like 1

It will be fantastic I am sure...Blizzard do make great playable games.  They can also create an awful lot of hype and it's not without clout with a lot of history to back that up and I can almost guarantee I will eventually end up playing it. However, it will also be cash, cash, cash...money, money, money, now! now!! now!!! It's begun from before the gates have opened....early access!!!!! Woooooow!!!  those 6 days is it?.....it means nothing, it means money and it's fine.  ASMONDGOLD "It is what is is" and that's that - and again, that's fine (I'm the calmest most measured guy you could imagine)

I've done the Warcraft thing for many many years....had to get off that cycle and came to ps3 at the time......still ended up buying Diablo 3 - three times over ps3 and ps4 - more fool me right?!? But yeah without ranting...there's very few developers that I would give day one release money to nowadays, it's Fromsoft, obviously, and Koei Tecmo if it's Niohy related - just take my money, expand these projects and give me more.... However, a Blizzard day one or even minus day one number as it's become is not anything that it coaxing me to slap cash down on the table because you should know full well there will be so much more to pile on top of that and when you're talking £70....for me it's a no right now

Very disappointing trophy list, looks like you can finish almost everything in 20 hours except the level 100.

hope they will add at least some grindy DLC trophies.

I also hate this trend with 20-30 trophies lists.

Edited by Mavmathics

On 3/17/2023 at 0:42 AM, Skurkitty said:

Hoping PSN gets cross play alongside Xbox and PC. So far I only see Cross Play and Cross Progression for Xbox and PC, which makes sense since Microsoft owns both, it feels safe to assume PSN will also get it. But I haven't seen an official statement yet, if someone has please link it to me.

Crossplay is possibly the worse thing that has happened to online games in recent years.

How does cross-progression work with trophies? Can I play on PC/Xbox Series X first, then move to PS5 to unlock trophies/platinum? My account will be linked to Battlenet across all platforms.

Edited by DogalZ

13 hours ago, SadisticSymphony said:

https://www.exophase.com/game/diablo-iv-psn/trophies/

I wonder how long level 100 will take, and if you can boost PvP kills

That’s a good question. Might mean an endless, boring grind if the last levels imply an insane amount of XP to get…

On 26/05/2023 at 7:51 PM, NathanielJohn said:

The problem with D2's plat wasn't that it was long, but that you had to spend 95% of the plat playtime mindlessly farming the same boss over and over again for no real reason.

Indeed, per point above…

Edited by Neef-GT5

I wonder if Uber Lilith is that end of the line boss they were talking about. Basically if you can beat that boss, you really can't go any further with your character until an expansion at least. This could perhaps be a very long Plat. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 2

Name Description  
Platinum Collect all other trophies. icon
Emancipation Complete the campaign icon
Dedicated Protector Reach Level 50 with any character. icon
Legion Killer Kill 666 Demons, Fallen, or Goatmen. icon
Undead Undone Kill 666 Ghosts, Skeletons, or Zombies icon
Exterminator Kill 666 Snakes or Spiders icon
Turned Kill 666 Drowned, Vampires, or Werewolves icon
Tortured Souls Kill 666 Bandits, Cultists, or Knights icon
Hammer Down Kill 50 enemies while Berserking as a Barbarian. icon
Shifty Swipes Kill 50 enemies in Werebear form and 50 enemies in Werewolf form as a Druid. icon
Army of Bones Summon 100 Skeleton Mages or Warriors as a Necromancer. icon
In and Out Kill 50 enemies in Melee range and 50 enemies out of melee range as a Rogue. icon
Master of the Elements Kill 100 enemies with Fire, Frost, or Lightning damage as a Sorcerer. icon
Convenient Crafts Craft any Elixir, and any Incense. icon
Potent Alterations Upgrade a piece of Armor, Jewelry, and a Weapon. icon
Living Nightmares Complete a Sacred and Ancestral Nightmare Dungeon. icon
Turning the Tides Collect 1000 Aberrant Cinder in Helltide zones. icon
Chaotic Whispers Open 10 Caches of Chaos from the Tree of Whispers. icon
First Aid Upgrade your Healing Potion to max tier. icon
Master Combatant Get 5 PvP kills. icon
Worldly Slayer Kill any World Boss. icon
Estuar Sightseer Explore all of Estuar. icon
Curious Collector Unlock all Codex of Power Aspects. icon
True Perseverance Reach Level 50 with a Hardcore character. icon
Devoted Protector Reach Level 100 with any character. icon
End of the First Mother Defeat Uber Lilith. icon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I wonder if Uber Lilith is that end of the line boss they were talking about. Basically if you can beat that boss, you really can't go any further with your character until an expansion at least. This could perhaps be a very long Plat. 

I was wondering the same. With it being the final trophy, and a gold to boot, I’m wondering how hard this one might be too. 

On 5/31/2023 at 1:44 PM, Akrioz said:

Naming platinum trophy "Platinum" should be a crime punishable by law.

Well you can rejoice because it looks like the platinum name was updated to "Arise, Champion".

Curious Collector was also updated from "Unlock all Codex of Power Aspects." to "Imprint 10 items at the Occultist with an Aspect from the Codex of Power..". So from 114 Aspects down to only 10. 

Don't think I've ever seen trophies updated on a list before it even released.

Edited by Archavia

1 hour ago, Creasy007 said:

I might've asked in one of the existing threads already but anybody who's a veteran have a sense of how many of these would absolutely require co-op, aside from the PVP trophy?

Everything else can be done solo, even the world boss/es if you’re properly equipped, geared and levelled for it. Already videos on Youtube of Barbarians solo-ing them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sharkyaya said:

Everything else can be done solo, even the world boss/es if you’re properly equipped, geared and levelled for it. Already videos on Youtube of Barbarians solo-ing them. 

You're a legend, really appreciate the response.

On 31.5.2023 at 0:05 AM, Jack_D_Spade- said:

So... Anyone knows if you are able to back up your hardcore save even if the game is always online (like previous Diablo game)?

Not working, the characters will be entirely saved on blizzard servers, there will be no way to make your own backup of your character(s). 

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1