Permadeath Anomaly Glitch - Turn off your multiplayer

FarSideOfSaturn

Hey. I wanted to make everyone, in particular anyone going for the take a deep breath and to live forever trophies of a glitch that's allowing players to be killed in the space anomaly. To give a little context, the anomaly is normally a safe zone, however through a glitch it's possible to attack players. This has mainly been happening on permadeath mode, and many hundreds of players have lost their saves as a result. There are three known variations of this glitch as follows...

- Glitching a minotaur inside the anomaly

- Attacking the anomaly from outside in a starship

- Getting players killed in the crossfire of space battles

The third example is why I'm recommending to players to turn off multiplayer when using the anomaly, turning only your PvP settings off isn't enough as the third variation of this glitch in effect bypasses PvP settings. To turn off multiplayer, press start, network, multiplayer disabled. 

I'd also ask players if you see this happening, take a screenshot or video if you can and forward it to Hello Games via zendesk, I'll leave a link to it at the bottom of this post. Even if you can't take visual evidence, even a written message to HG will help.

Any questions (aside from how to perform this glitch or who is responsible), feel free to ask!

Click here to submit a report to Hello Games

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...