Gosh dang collectables.

This was a fun game, and I'm baffled at that I stoped playing on the final mission...

That being said 

Man why they make these maps so hard to read, I know there's a massive breakdown in the guide section (external link)

But my oh my trying to find that last xyz or hah navigating zoffo or kyssheek. 

What a pain :(

Hope the sequel let's you fast travel to ship at the Minimum, at most meditation points

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I’m also really hoping they offer a “return to ship” (or hub, or whatever, since we don’t know the specific mechanics, yet) option in Jedi Survivor. Even better if they offer an option for fast travel between save points/meditation points/bonfires/whatever you want to call them. There were a couple times during the story where I wandered around for literal hours trying to figure out how to get back to the Mantis, and now that I’m finally going back and doing the collectibles… ugh.

I don’t know what it is, but whenever I’m presented with maps in the style of this game - Returnal is another recent example - my brain just seizes up. Refuses to process them. Makes the whole endeavor a slog. It’s why the game has rotted in my backlog for so long.

• Like 1

I think, at least for returnal, there Holo map was a little easier to read, it was more top-down and spread out - at least for the maps ive cleared ( only beat like 1 boss...)
and they didn't spider into each other, and make you guess if the path you were following went up down, backwards or sideways, or if it was just another dead in door you cant open unless you access it from other side during story only lol "F you imperial base) 

That tangent aside.

they need to stop making collectable trophy's, I'm already collecting trophy's, is that not enough lol!

I mean Anthem - ugh lol platted that last week, was ligit, 3 days of looking for collects. (before using vid in guide)

Agreed that the maps in Returnal are better. Slightly. ?

I don’t mind collectible trophies generally (though there’s a couple - Ghostwire: Tokyo’s collect all souls and NEO The World Ends With You’s collect all pins - trophies that come to mind as being unfun, useless and there just to bloat the runtime.) If the collectibles serve a purpose (XP gains when you’re not basically guaranteed to have multiple orders of magnitude more than you’ll actually need, useful or interesting lore, cool cosmetics or weapons and items that are either amusing or decent) then I’m fine with them. If they’re just kind of… there, serving either no purpose or an unnecessary one, then I get a little irked.

Its a great game! don't let this dissuade you, 

just... be ready for pure... absolute confusion. 

I also Highly recommend using the guide for collectables as you play, some planets you gotta return to once ya get XYZ powers, but it is so nice not having to goback to some planets cuz ya forgot a !!? where the stage boss was, and gettn there takes ahour cuz ya got lost...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Absolute confusion is the right way to describe this one. I HIGHLY recommend using a guide for collectibles if you're going for Plat. Some are really well hidden, but it largely centers around the confusion of the level design and how to get to various parts of the map. I recommend playing the game naturally without worrying about collectibles and then using a guide. It is a great game with a confusing map, no fast travel, and a ton of collectibles. Zeffo alone is about 4-5 hours in regards to collectibles.