Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Reunion (PS4|PS5) - December 13th

8 hours ago, WhisperingDusk said:

I didn't realise how good it looks. Still impressed with the PSP graphics though. With my mind's eye I didn't "notice" the vast difference.

I'm excited.

Noticed they fixed the buster sword. 

Always found it wierd that they changed it for this game. 

I never got to play this game because I never got a PSP or a Vita (and never will since they are now both dead anyway lol)

What I did do... was watch a playthrough of it on YouTube SEVERAL years ago... but I don't remember it at all honestly

So why not? I'll play it. Because I'm going to need something to tide me over until Part 2 (Rebirth) comes out anyway... ?

• 3 weeks later...

"There's no real requirement that we have to align with the Remake series," says Kitase. "It's not decided on a series basis, it's basically each individual title will be assessed for which we think the best platform and the best audience for it will be." 

https://www.eurogamer.net/zacks-back-for-a-brand-new-audience-in-crisis-core-final-fantasy-7-reunion

"With the FF VII Remake, it was a new starting point for a Final Fantasy VII, and so we decided to expand the story. But with the Crisis Core Reunion, it is a remaster and it's still positioned as a story that expands on the original Final Fantasy VII story. And so we didn't want to stray too far from that," Kitase says.

https://www.ign.com/articles/crisis-core-final-fantasy-7-rebirth-interview

I'm still reeling from the horrors of hearing this new VA. I'm still praying we can turn it to Japanese audio. If the trophy list is abhorrent which, given Square's track record of late, is likely, then I may just boot up the old emulator and have at the game that way

I am so excited for this. The facial animations look hilarious though. They very clearly just swapped out the model, and the exaggerated animations don't fit the higher quality models at all.

I'm really really curious to see if they change anything though, most notably, the ending. Would be really cool if they ended it to be in-line with Remake, and we got an extra section showing what happened to Zack after he parted with Cloud in the FFVIIR timeline.

While I would love them to clean up the bullhooky with Genesis being way more important than he deserves to be, I'm not really expecting it.

The combat is looking really smooth, though! My main hope is that the missions are completely redone. There were so many short repeat maps. So more variety would be awesome.

I do wonder how this works out since in the FF7Remake, it's shown that Zack survived, and Sephiroth is going around screwing with timelines. What I'm curious about is if they're going to add in other FF7 adjacent games, like Dirge of Cerberus. Since Genesis is sealed in a cave in the Deepground after the events of Crisis Core, and his DNA was used to create the Tsviets.

I really hope that they don't cut down on the Sidequest Missions, I recall them being rather fun.

4 hours ago, dakk55 said:

I do wonder how this works out since in the FF7Remake, it's shown that Zack survived, and Sephiroth is going around screwing with timelines. What I'm curious about is if they're going to add in other FF7 adjacent games, like Dirge of Cerberus. Since Genesis is sealed in a cave in the Deepground after the events of Crisis Core, and his DNA was used to create the Tsviets.

I really hope that they don't cut down on the Sidequest Missions, I recall them being rather fun.

They just said nothing will change except graphics, VAs and some elements in the combat system.

I'm expecting Dirge of Cerberus someday. That, and a fully fledged remake of Before Crisis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

They just said nothing will change except graphics, VAs and some elements in the combat system.

I'm expecting Dirge of Cerberus someday. That, and a fully fledged remake of Before Crisis.

Dirge of Cerberus is not a liked game unlike Crisis Core and would need a complete gameplay overhaul. In addition while there is a point to Crisis Core there no longer is one to Dirge of Cerberus due to events in DoC now being retconned hence why they've brought forward its villains so they can get something out of it. In FF7R the events of Crisis Core still happened, the ending just changed a single aspect of it.

Before Crisis is interesting to me, not in a remake but in what it could mean for the games going forward. With FF7R's Avalanche being shown to be a much larger organisation on top of the idea of Zack being in a different world than Cloud, you can easily bring forward Before Crisis's villains too.

• Like 2

Still hoping December 2022 but prob Q1 2023 cause why not? 

i hope we never see any form of Dirge of Cerberus again. Cant stand that game. 

On 04/07/2022 at 7:53 PM, Void said:

dude i preordered this end of june 28. They've been up close to 2 weeks 

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Have you guys read the trophy list? Hahah they made the ONLY things i hated about the original as missable trophies... and looks like you'll need at least THREE playthroughs for the Platinum.

yeah looks like a long one too. Ill just do a casual playthrough. Not a fan of multiple playthroughs 

Looking forward to playing this and hopefully getting the Plat.

Trophy hunting has changed a lot lately tho, people always seem surprised about multiple playthroughs and even difficulty related trophies. Used to be standard practice.

Not saying its good or bad, just different.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 5:53 PM, Lance_87 said:

Have you guys read the trophy list? Hahah they made the ONLY things i hated about the original as missable trophies... and looks like you'll need at least THREE playthroughs for the Platinum.

If it plays anything like FF7R, I'm all for multiple playthroughs. That hard mode is so much fun!