Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

I am so fucking hyped for this. I called the whole remake being split in 3 parts. I am not shocked it's coming so soon (Dec 2023 - March 2024) because development for Part 2/Rebirth started way back in 2019 before Part 1/Remake even came out.

I am very curious what Rebirth means in this instance. They said on twitter that Remake and Rebirth are named the way they are for a reason.

• Like 1

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

Did they say if it was PS4 or just PS5 only?

PS5 only according to their official twitter. Good thing I say. SE has been meaning to switch over to UE5 for Part 2. This should hopefully mean no more disgusting texture bugs like on the original PS4 release.

4 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

PS5 only according to their official twitter. Good thing I say. SE has been meaning to switch over to UE5 for Part 2. This should hopefully mean no more disgusting texture bugs like on the original PS4 release.

Would've been surprised if they didn't.

I'm interested in what they'll do with the story, but other than that, pretty much zero hype. They have much bigger part to remake this time so hopefully they'll skip all the filler content and endless empty corridors, so the game is actually fun to play, instead of "it's great when the story bits happen". 

The anniversary was surprisingly good, very on point and didn't waste any time! While I'm glad that it will only be 3 parts and that we got to see a bit of part 2, I'm still a bit worried they'll be able to fit in so much in only 3 games. I personally wouldn't mind a part 4 if it means including most if not all of FF7. Brace yourselves guys, there's gonna be a LOT of cut content here! Other than that, a pretty solid anniversary and it's really letting us know that it won't clash with FF16 in any way, shape or form! Hopefully next year the PS5 won't be a myth anymore so I can finally buy one without paying scalpers, also Crisis Core remake LET'S GOOO!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

That is a year between them, crisis core winter 2022/2023 and Rebirth winter 2023/2024

And ff16 in between1f604.png

I thought it said both next winter.... so this winter and next winter.

Gets confusing when some people say next winter but mean this winter.

4 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Dragon's Dogma II first :D

I'm pretty sure both are being worked on in some capacity, but Dragon's Dogma II is likely closer despite them not showing anything of it beyond confirmation that it exists.

Edited by Zephrese

Im guessing rebirth will cover up to that infamous point that always gets spoiled and honestly i expect it to be pretty faithful to that part of the game(just a few changes like making vincent and wutai mandatory). Its part 3 i expect to have the most deviation from the original as if the speculation that a certain someone that you know what does not you know what pretty much the entire second half of the game would have to be rewritten because that certain characters you know what is pretty vital to events near the end of the game.