Dragon's Dogma 2 (March 22, 2024)

ziggypossum

7 hours ago, darkrequiem7 said:

Yay! 

Hopefully we will have a better story, since the first one was pretty mediocre. And better fast travel like others mentioned.

Has anything other than RE games used the RE engine? 

DMCV, Monster Hunter Rise and SF6 use the RE Engine.

Yay! 

Hopefully we will have a better story, since the first one was pretty mediocre. And better fast travel like others mentioned.

Yay! 

Yay! 

Yay! 

Finally!

As someone who didn't grow up a fan of RPG's, I used PS+ in the PS3 days to find games to break out of my comfort zone on...and I believe the first game was my second RPG I played behind Kingdoms of Amalur, but it helped cement my fandom for the genre...so I've been waiting on this one for years. Took way longer than I ever expected it to. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm glad it was finally announced officially. I loved the way they did it too. It looked like the video was about to end, and they they took off their jackets and revealed the logo for DD2. Kind of reminds me of that Resident Evil 2 remake announcement from back in the day. I'm not even mad at the lack of info about it, just glad it's happening. 1f601.png

Too bad we did not get that Remake of RE2 just that lackluster Re-Imagining, hey at least they tried. Capcom even states on the official website that it is Resident Evil 2 Re-Imagined.

This has my interest I am worried they will butcher it though and I was just playing DD the other night.

Edited by Void

Platinumed it on the ps3 and twice on the ps4 lately so it’s definitely fresh in my memory.

I love the game but the main thing for me to hope for in dragons dogma 2 would be:

1) Pawn behaviour toggles for certain situations, definitely needed as sometimes they just seem to stand around, despite experimenting with many inclinations. For example a command wheel for each pawn so u can tell them to attack or defend, run, climb etc.

(of course this depends if pawns are still in the game as party members)

2) A Hide helmet option or option to make your gear look different whilst maintaining it’s stats.

( I do love the helmets with face plates though that open in safe areas though, grisly skull for example is my fav red class helmet. Hopefully we get more like that if the hide helmet/etc is not part of the game.

3) Leveling to get the stats I wanted wasn’t too much of a hassle for me, but more balance or reset would be more end game friendly.

(I’m fully aware that u can beat anything with the right gear and periapts, even with the lowest possible attack/magic attack).

Anyway I have rambled enough, time will tell, I’m hyped for Dragons dogma 2 ?.

Edited by TwisterBard
More to the point, more info
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

This was one that got me hyped...I'm so glad this is finally real. Play the first game when we got it on PS+ years ago (for PS3), it was one of the first RPG's I played that really got me into RPG's (rarely played them before that), so I've been hoping for a sequel ever since. 

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 8:39 AM, PeachesPK said:

So excited for this. I wasn't expecting to see gameplay so soon, hopefully that means it's releasing this year.

As much as I would love that I seriously doubt it will, I'd say it will next year or 2025 at the earliest.

Edited by sephirothdude
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That looks really great. The graphics look good and the combat looks as weighty and satisfying as the first game. I’m glad to see the pawn system is returning too. The idea of renting pawns was really innovative and added some really neat features to the game, and it was always fun renting some bad ass pawns to help through tough sections of the game or having your pawn learn stuff while adventuring with someone else. They said the map size is 4x the size in DD2 also which is awesome! I really hope there’s something akin to Bitterblack Isle in this game. I still think that was one of the coolest pieces of end game content I’ve seen in a game to date.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, Brave-Mage-GT said:

Platinumed it on the ps3 and twice on the ps4 

How did you platinum it twice on the PS4? There's only one list for the PS4 version. Unless you meant on 2 different PSN accounts? I also platinumed it twice (PS3 and PS4) and I look forward to more from this awesome game! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2023 at 0:53 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

How did you platinum it twice on the PS4? There's only one list for the PS4 version. Unless you meant on 2 different PSN accounts? I also platinumed it twice (PS3 and PS4) and I look forward to more from this awesome game! 

Aye sorry I should have made that clearer but yeah did it on my dads account as he loves the game but prefers SharePlay as he can’t play it well himself.

Yeah early days but fingers crossed with the 2nd one being good enough to warrant platinuming multiple times ???.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 8:24 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Was hoping they were implementing online coop with this one. Sad to see that not happen

I'm overjoyed to see it not happen. I don't mind if any and all games add online crap but when they tie in trophies with it that's where my support for it stops. And more often than not... they tie in trophies to the online stuff. I hate it (clearly) and will pretty much go out of my way to avoid games that have it 99% of the time. I just can't stand having to get a hold of others, sync up a date and time, etc., and sit there and have to rely on others to help me earn my trophies. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2024 at 7:10 PM, Thephoenixshow said:

No Hard mode and no Speed run trophy is a blessing. Although I thoroughly enjoyed acquiring the platinum for the original and those weren't too difficult. The fact there is no trophy this time around for completing all pre-planned quests... Can we assume that is because of monsters entering towns and cities freely? NPC's would likely be collateral and if one of them was a quest  giver on one save slot... Not ideal 😬🙈

• Like 1