Aiha's Gallery of Leaves

AihaLoveleaf

This is gonna be an awesome checklist to follow as you have a nice mixture of games to write about. I made sure to follow you also as I realised that I didn't before so it will be great to see every write up that you do from now on. It's really cool that you have a checklist now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Will definitely be watching this space, I should go back to my own checklist but cba :P 

Thank you Lancashire! ? I don't think I've seen a checklist here that hasn't taken a break every now and then, so you're perfectly normal. Definitely get back in there when you're ready, though! I'll be there to join in the festivities. ?

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed reading your monthly reviews on the status updates so a checklist seemed like the next logical step for you. I'm looking forward to the longer format of your upcoming write ups ?

Also, since you started trophy hunting pretty recently, have you ever thought about creating a new profile when you got in the hobby? Why choosing this account in which you have 26 unobtainable trophies instead of starting fresh on a new one? It's a question I've always wanted to ask you but never came around to do it ?

Anyway, good luck my friend ?

Edited by PlutoRico
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PlutoRico said:

I've always enjoyed reading your monthly reviews on the status updates so a checklist seemed like the next logical step for you. I'm looking forward to the longer format of your upcoming write ups 1f601.png

Thanks Pluto! I kept telling myself "Nah, I'll do that checklist next month", and pushing it off into the abyss of my mind. Glad I finally stopped procrastinating on the idea after months of squirming. ?

17 minutes ago, PlutoRico said:

Also, since you started trophy hunting pretty recently, have you ever thought about creating a new profile when you got in the hobby? Why choosing this account in which you have 26 unobtainable trophies instead of starting fresh on a new one? It's a question I've always wanted to ask you but never came around to do it 1f602.png

Haha, better time than any to address the topic. I did ponder the idea of a fresh account early on, but I think actually doing it would have sucked out whatever gas I had in the tank for the hobby. I don't like those unobtainables, but I do like my account. If the means to earn those trophies or remove the games ever comes around, I'll definitely partake, but for now I am just living with it. I do love to see all those 100% profiles out there, though, and give my encouragement to anybody that's gone all the way for total completion.

12 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

And here I thought Cormac McCarthy literature was the only thing I could get excited for.

"Any trophies that don't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seem worth earning." -Cormac McCarthy or something

7 minutes ago, Kruznf said:

Looking awesome! 

Another checklist i'm definitely following.

Thank you Kruznf! Glad to have you here. ?

• Like 4

My god... So actually Hyper Dimension Neptunia is about moe console girls ?

I swear, I saw you talking about these games but never have I thought to make any connections besides the lizard brain bullet hell gif that you shared xD

That was one bountiful review! 

• Like 2

I noticed your nice posts on the Last Trophy ontained thread at times but never saw your reviews being in Status which i often miss and Wow, Those are some Awesome well written Reviews with a lot of images and gifs from your experience too, a relaly great work, I'm surely gonna follow your Checklist and Congrats for the Plat of HN Mk 2 :D 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Thanks Sora! It's been a long time since I've posted in one of those threads, but I'm happy that you noticed the few posts I contributed at least. 1f61d.png I see you're into some of the weebier stuff as well, and playing a lot of games I haven't gotten to yet. I'll make sure to check out what you're up to, and see if anything makes my shopping list! 

I mean after all JRPG are my favourite genre :P And i appreciate Chloe Too :awesome: 

Well if you need any opinion on some games i played feel free to ask, always happy to Share! You too have played some games i either should get around to finish like SK or Actually Play (Like Hn Mk2 well the Vita Version for me)!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Some fine tastes you have there! Out of all the cute, unwashed orcas on YouTube, Chloe is the best of the cute, unwashed orcas. 1f433.png

w0t3UTb.gif

I thinks she is the only Unwashed one xD It's both funny and Sad this is her Particular trait i guess it's original :P 

• Like 1

I always enjoy reading your detailed monthly updates, and there are a few I meant to respond to before time slipped away from me. Now that you have a checklist it'll be easier for me to show up a few weeks late, lol. Anyway, going back to the original HDN is rough after playing just about any other main game in the series, so perhaps it's for the best that you played that first. I started with Re;Birth 1, so I'm not sure how I would've felt about it had I started with it. mk2 is quite an improvement over the original, and Victory refines the formula even further (as you'll find out later). 

On 6/17/2022 at 10:51 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Voiced by Yui Horie (the actor that gave life to one of my earliest 2D crushes), Nepgear is sweet, responsible, reserved, and far more thoughtful of social boundaries than the peppy and aloof Neptune.

Glad to hear that you liked Nepgear, as many didn't seem to like her as the main character (to the point where these complaints are the subject of some jokes in Victory). I also like that you mentioned Yui Horie; I couldn't imagine disliking any character that is blessed by her angelic voice. 

This aspect makes for adorable interactions between the two, and certainly pleases me, as a great enjoyer of cute girls doing cute things2122.png

Nice, I'm aiming to be a scholar in that subject myself. 

I would usually say that I hope I'm not seeing the last of Cave and Falcom, but experience is telling me that I may not be seeing them again for a while. My fingers are crossed for their quick return!

This series does have a problem somewhat with sometimes bringing back characters, sometimes not. I've played most of the games in this series, and I couldn't possibly remember what characters are included or left out of each game. I vaguely remember Cave and Falcom being in either Re;Birth 1, 2, 3 or perhaps all of them. To make matters more confusing, there is one game where there are two separate characters named Falcom (one for each of their most popular game series). It's surprising to me that there hasn't been a fighting game spin-off yet, as the potential character roster would be insane. 

Like the game before it, mk2's storyline is enjoyable. It's not the finest plot in the genre, but it doesn't need to be. Neptunia's real magic is in its character interactions. The expanded cast of mk2 gives opportunity for several great pairings and chemistries between the girls. As with other great games of this type, mk2 does great work making you feel a range of emotions as you advance the plot. 

That's very close to how I feel about these games. If one were to critically analyze everything in them, it's easy to find flaws such as the recycled dungeons and lack of towns that aren't just a menu screen. Some may not be able to overlook these flaws, but for me, the pros outweigh the cons by far. Anyway, I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on Victory when you get to it. It introduces a certain sleepy sadistic maniac, who happens to be my favorite character in the series.  

Edited by Cave Johnson
I forgot the word "are", and apparently my mind automatically added it in when I proofread my post.
  • Like 2