Aiha's Gallery of Leaves

AihaLoveleaf

11 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Thank you Sora! Both Dead or School, and Victory (or Re;birth3) are a great time, if you're in the mood to play something moé. Since you're going the Vita route, it's definitely worth coming back to Re;birth2 someday, to get yourself ready for the third game. 

Thank you for that! 1f61d.png Making those gifs is pretty fun, and I love how easy it is to do with the PS4. Wish I could have done the same for the PS3 Neptunia games; those are loaded with gif-worthy moments that would have looked great in a review post. It will definitely happen when I get to the PS4 games. 1f624.png

Yeah i have Re; Birth 2 to play first (Already started i guess that's how you know i have it but literally just started at the Menu xD) Then Victory on Ps3 since on Vita it always costs full price and Digital only, on Ps3 it's 20 € at least so i got it there, doesn't change much for the 3rd One anyway since it's the base gameplay for the Re; Birth. More than something Moe i would have will to not miss stuff at least in HN that's what is annoying or Spending hours of RNG like the Stella Dungeons in Re Birth 2 xD 

Ah so you just take a clip you made and make into a gif with sharefactory right? I should actually try on Ps5 if it's that easy still. Yeah i imagine on Ps3 you can't without a recording device and then do them on Pc, still you take a lot of great images either way :P 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

DragonFangZ is not a bad starting point! It can be challenging at points, but always feels doable, unlike some of the hybrids and roguelites out there I am sure, lol. I was checking out Guided Fate Paradox a little while ago, and was wondering why it caught a 9/10 rating on PST. Checked the guide again, and it looks like it's a rogue-like with permadeath -- yep, explains a lot. I might be able to drum up enough interest in that for a future project, depending on how I'm feeling after some more research.

Glad you liked that part! 1f61d.png I can tell from the PSN avatar you're also an enjoyer of that sweet and sadistic CPU. The bad news is unfortunate, but I guess that does explain why I never really see Plutia on the artwork for any of the spinoffs. I'm already somewhat used to the feeling of losing girls I like (mostly the DLC girls) between games, when they fail to come back. The curse of adding too many girls to the moéblob, I guess. 1f605.png Plutia is kind of an important character, though, so it does feel bad to waste such a great girl, and seiyuu too! I'll be happy if I accidentally get some more Hanakana in a future Japanese game, at least. 

Wikipedia has Producing Perfection listed first, so that'll be the next one up for me. I also heard from others that parts of it are not-so-hot, but I'm still feeling optimistic about it. I'm eager to try out an idol simulator for myself. Idolmaster 2 is in the cards, but chances are I'll end up playing Neptunia PP first. I'm also eager to check out Re;birth1 -- as that's really a title where I have questions that need answers, so I won't be holding off too long for it. 1f61b.png

Good to know. I've wanted to get The Guided Fate Paradox since I found out the music was composed by one of my favorite Japanese bands (Yousei Teikoku). I'm not sure how that happened, but that's not even the weirdest thing about this game. According to Wikipedia, "The game also has Love Live! School Idol Project's idol group μ's as voice actresses for the main female characters in Japanese, and they are credited under their character name". I guess someone at NIS was a big fan of Love Live at the time? 

I haven't changed my PSN avatar for seven years and probably won't anytime soon (thanks to region locking we lose a lot of options). The way DLC characters are handled is also unfortunate; they're mostly forgotten about outside of the main trilogy. Even if they aren't part of the main story, I wish they'd include more characters as DLC at least. For more HanaKana there's always Time and Eternity, which was a very interesting attempt at merging anime with a game. She doesn't seem to have a lot of main roles in video games, whereas it's the opposite with anime. Back in May, I started a long marathon where I plan to watch every single anime she has a main role in (according to AniList), so I'll be busy with that for a while. 

Producing Perfection is my only experience with idol simulators, but I'd imagine Idolmaster 2 would be better given how long the series has been around. Unless you have prior experience, it might be better to start with Producing Perfection so you don't have anything better to compare it to. I almost forgot about Re;Birth1 +, which is just a PS4 remaster of the Vita version. Unless you want to platinum every version, you could probably skip that one. If you go for every platinum, then hopefully you'll like Re;Birth1, since you'll be playing it three times (ReVerse is more or less the same game). 

• Like 1

Congrats! Glad to hear there's more fanservice this time around; excited to see best girl Vert. I really gotta stop putting off Re;Birth 2.

I'm planning to play in release order as well, except that because I'm not playing the vanilla PS3 games, I'm going to play the Re;Birth games where those are listed. Thankfully that means I get to avoid PP a little longer. ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Ah so you just take a clip you made and make into a gif with sharefactory right? I should actually try on Ps5 if it's that easy still. Yeah i imagine on Ps3 you can't without a recording device and then do them on Pc, still you take a lot of great images either way :P 

Didn't know ShareFactory could do GIFs, but it looks like it does! That's probably a good way to go for the most part. It looks like it does have a 10 second limit, though, and I sometimes need my GIFs to run a little longer. I usually export video clips to USB and load them up on my computer, and then bring them over to Ezgif to convert the mp4 to a gif.

2 hours ago, Cave Johnson said:

I haven't changed my PSN avatar for seven years and probably won't anytime soon (thanks to region locking we lose a lot of options).

Sounds like your Plutia avatar came from another region. Interesting that we used to be able to use avatars from other regions! Sure does suck that we lost out on the option. ?

For more HanaKana there's always Time and Eternity, which was a very interesting attempt at merging anime with a game. She doesn't seem to have a lot of main roles in video games, whereas it's the opposite with anime. Back in May, I started a long marathon where I plan to watch every single anime she has a main role in (according to AniList), so I'll be busy with that for a while. 

I just googled Time and Eternity, and I can't say much to quality of gameplay itself, but damn, it sure looks nice. Really burns that it was delisted, because eBay prices are not terribly friendly nowadays.

I glossed over Hana's list of roles on the wiki the other day when doing research, and with the number of anime she's appeared in, you've got a lot of watching ahead of you. Similarly, a good buddy of mine recently shared a list of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things for me to check out, and the list inspired me enough to give it a shot, so that will be my own slow burn of an anime project for the next little while. Best of luck to the both of us, lol.

Producing Perfection is my only experience with idol simulators, but I'd imagine Idolmaster 2 would be better given how long the series has been around. Unless you have prior experience, it might be better to start with Producing Perfection so you don't have anything better to compare it to. I almost forgot about Re;Birth1 +, which is just a PS4 remaster of the Vita version. Unless you want to platinum every version, you could probably skip that one. If you go for every platinum, then hopefully you'll like Re;Birth1, since you'll be playing it three times (ReVerse is more or less the same game). 

Good idea. If I don't play Producing Perfection first, I'll probably find myself saying "But it's no Idolmaster" over and over, so that probably makes the decision for me.

Looks like Re;birth1+ is pretty far down the list, so I've got some time to think about how I want to deal with that one. I had always wanted to see all three Re;births show up on PS4, so it's a shame they stopped after 1, but I guess they had their reasons for it

43 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! Glad to hear there's more fanservice this time around; excited to see best girl Vert. I really gotta stop putting off Re;Birth 2.

I'm planning to play in release order as well, except that because I'm not playing the vanilla PS3 games, I'm going to play the Re;Birth games where those are listed. Thankfully that means I get to avoid PP a little longer. ?

Thanks Yuber! You'll be pleased with the amount of boobage in Victory/Re;birth3 - especially if Marvelous shows up. Still plenty of melons even among the base cast, though.

I've heard PP can get annoying due to the lack of guidework available, so I will probably take the bullet and play through it while you catch up, lol.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Didn't know ShareFactory could do GIFs, but it looks like it does! That's probably a good way to go for the most part. It looks like it does have a 10 second limit, though, and I sometimes need my GIFs to run a little longer. I usually export video clips to USB and load them up on my computer, and then bring them over to Ezgif to convert the mp4 to a gif.

OH! Didn't know that, this is awesome! On Ps5 sharefactory sadly doesn't have a Gif option for now, glad yyou gave me this site, guess i'll use it too from now on then :D 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Sounds like your Plutia avatar came from another region. Interesting that we used to be able to use avatars from other regions! Sure does suck that we lost out on the option. 1f613.png

I'm now realizing that I worded it confusingly, but I meant that avatars have always been region locked (as far as I know), resulting in less options. Also, all of the avatars from Victory have been delisted according to PSPrices. Sad times…
G81kvHFm.png

I just googled Time and Eternity, and I can't say much to quality of gameplay itself, but damn, it sure looks nice. Really burns that it was delisted, because eBay prices are not terribly friendly nowadays.

Games being delisted always sucks; back when I bought Time and Eternity, I don’t think it went for more than $20. The combat wasn’t very good from what I remember, but overall I didn’t find it to be as bad as some made it out to be. I wouldn't mind lending you my copy if you lived next door, but somehow I get the feeling that is very unlikely, lol. 

I glossed over Hana's list of roles on the wiki the other day when doing research, and with the number of anime she's appeared in, you've got a lot of watching ahead of you. Similarly, a good buddy of mine recently shared a list of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things for me to check out, and the list inspired me enough to give it a shot, so that will be my own slow burn of an anime project for the next little while. Best of luck to the both of us, lol.

I didn't start from zero of course, but yeah, I've got a lot to watch—I've probably seen about a fourth of her roles at the most. Funnily enough, I've also seen the list you mentioned because a friend shared it with me a month ago or so. I have a lot of experience with this genre (30 days worth based on AniList stats), but even then, I've probably only seen about a third of everything on that list. It seems to be a good reference, although some of the categories are a bit of a stretch; "Cute Girls Do Suffering" in particular got a laugh out of me.  

6 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Looks like Re;birth1+ is pretty far down the list, so I've got some time to think about how I want to deal with that one. I had always wanted to see all three Re;births show up on PS4, so it's a shame they stopped after 1, but I guess they had their reasons for it

Having the trilogy available on PS4 would've been nice, but with only about 800 tracked owners on here, I can't imagine it sold well. It's odd, because you'd think there were a decent amount of people who were interested in the games, but never owned a Vita. I guess they must've went with the PC version, which had already been out for years before it came to PS4. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the platinum, Aiha!

Sounds like you're going to be nepping for a while in Neptunia from now on. This series really left a strong impact on you. I have enjoyed the games I've played so far and I do want to return to them at some point, but I have no rush to do that for the time being. That being said, whenever I decide to go for that, I'll be sure to do the main games in order at least, so that I don't lose any continuity on the story. =)

If I remember right, Plutia was present in Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online as well. She only has a couple of lines there since most of the game revolves around the main cast playing an online MMO about themselves, but the way how she talked and conducted herself really caught my attention.

Impressed that with all those melons on display, Victory was somehow able to retain a T rating instead of the M rating that mk2 got. Like, lol, I'm not sure if that would happen with ratings today. Quite an oddity there, as you most assuredly observed and shared with us here. ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Congrats on the platinum, Aiha!

Sounds like you're going to be nepping for a while in Neptunia from now on. This series really left a strong impact on you. I have enjoyed the games I've played so far and I do want to return to them at some point, but I have no rush to do that for the time being. That being said, whenever I decide to go for that, I'll be sure to do the main games in order at least, so that I don't lose any continuity on the story. =)

Thanks Honor! Neptunia is really doing it for me right now, so I'm just going to ride the wave while I'm still feeling the motivation. ?

When you're ready to come back to the series, you at least have some great games waiting for you. Interested to see how you feel about mk2/Re;birth2 - the game has all the right mixings to be a big hit with you; it certainly was for me, lol. 

If I remember right, Plutia was present in Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online as well. She only has a couple of lines there since most of the game revolves around the main cast playing an online MMO about themselves, but the way how she talked and conducted herself really caught my attention.

The idea of a real-life game about 4 Goddesses Online is really interesting to me, now that I have the context of the main franchise story to go with it. Story bits centered around 4GO appear a lot in the main series, so it will be fun to finally see for myself the game that Vert spent so many hours shirking her responsibilities to play. ? Even better that Plutia shows up for a bit, too.

Impressed that with all those melons on display, Victory was somehow able to retain a T rating instead of the M rating that mk2 got. Like, lol, I'm not sure if that would happen with ratings today. Quite an oddity there, as you most assuredly observed and shared with us here. 1f60c.png

I thought at first that the difference in rating may have had to do with the use of swear words, but Blanc and a few other characters bring plenty of colorful, sailor-mouthed language to the script, so I really wonder how Victory away with a T rating, especially considering it returned tiddy jiggling to the series. ? Guess it's just going to be one of those great gaming mysteries for now.

• Like 3

Congrats! I personally liked EV a lot more than SV. You said that it felt like you were playing a "big Vita game," but as a guy who played the Vita version, your screenshots look a lot better than what I saw. I'm wishing I played it on the PS4 instead; Rin is looking fine here. I also found the Ryobi/Ryona dymanic hilarious. You'll be happy to know that there's more of it in PBS.

• Like 3

Congrats on another Senran Kagura platinum! Excellent review and choice of GIFs and screenshots, as always. ?

You should consider watching the anime series for more cloth-ripping action. I know I had a lot of fun watching it! Especially the Estival Versus OVA, oh yes.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2022 at 3:46 PM, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! I personally liked EV a lot more than SV. You said that it felt like you were playing a "big Vita game," but as a guy who played the Vita version, your screenshots look a lot better than what I saw. I'm wishing I played it on the PS4 instead; Rin is looking fine here. I also found the Ryobi/Ryona dymanic hilarious. You'll be happy to know that there's more of it in PBS.

Thanks Yuber! ? The "big Vita" feel of Estival Versus is really more in regards to the feel of the UI, and the lack of autosave; things are just restricted enough to remind me that I'm playing a game that was created with Vita in mind, despite being multiplatform. Graphics are gorgeous, though; Senran Kagura looks so good on PS4, that it makes me sad Marvelous didn't port over Shinovi Versus and Bon Appetit while they still had the chance. 

14 hours ago, cr1s said:

Congrats on another Senran Kagura platinum! Excellent review and choice of GIFs and screenshots, as always. 1f60c.png

You should consider watching the anime series for more cloth-ripping action. I know I had a lot of fun watching it! Especially the Estival Versus OVA, oh yes.

Thank you cr1s! I appreciate you dropping in. :P

I "bought" the parts of the series I was still missing from nyaa the other day, so it's lined up for a future watch. I'll probably wait until after Peach Beach, so I can binge the whole thing in one go. Senran Kagura might not be on the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things anime list, but I guess I can file it for one under Cute Girls Do Fanservice Adventure, or make a new category: Cute Girls Do Ninjas ?

• Like 3

Exceptional review, as always. =D Loved the gif selection too. ^^

Sorry for the late message here. I've been busy with work and wanted to enjoy my reading here whenever I had the time. And just now I have the time to enjoy this outstanding piece of literature you have written here. Accurate description of the game and, indeed, EV does feel a bit like a big SV. That's especially noticeable since you come from playing Shinovi Versus first. That being said, the improvements and the smoothness present here make the game a lot more enjoyable to play on the big screen.

If you liked the story here, wait till you get to Burst Renewal. I can guarantee that you'll be blown away by that one. Here's hoping that we get a remake or remaster of Deep Crimson one of these days as it'd be awesome to be able to fill that gap in the story on the PlayStation side of things.

Youngest sister Kafuru, leans heavily towards sarcasm and mockery when interacting with others. Much like Mirai, Kafuru carries a noticeable complex over her perceived maturity, as she tends to be handled by others with kid gloves, unlike the rest of the cast.

Kafuru, best Mikagura Sister much like Mirai is best girl. Those two hit all the right spots for me, mm-hmm. ?

(we'll talk about that if I ever publish my Senran Kagura Tier List)

Senran Kagura Tier List coming when? I already did mine a long time ago. 8D

• Like 3

On 21/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Bonus:

2000 Trophy Milestone

12L5edd58.png

My Waifu
Completed all of Yumi's missions in Shinobi Girl's Heart.

The primary reason for playing Estival Versus right now was specifically to line up this milestone. Truthfully, I saw this milestone on another profile that I have now forgotten the name of, and was inspired then and there to do the same myself. Though the profile I borrowed the idea from likely obtained that milestone by accident, mine was certainly positioned on purpose, as there's nothing like another weeby trophy stacked up in the milestone cabinet - as far as I'm concerned. While Yumi may not be my #1 favorite (we'll talk about that if I ever publish my Senran Kagura Tier List), she is up there, so I'm fine with her pretty face gracing my collection. This milestone is bigger than Yumi, however; My Waifu goes all the way back to Azumanga Daioh - in an iconic scene that would forever cement the phrase into the vocabulary of weebs around the globe. This is my tribute.

We had a similar idea, Miyabi is my favorite girl so I got her trophy icon for my 7.000 trophy xD

Spoiler

39La554d4.png

Congrats on the plat!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Exceptional review, as always. =D Loved the gif selection too. ^^

Sorry for the late message here. I've been busy with work and wanted to enjoy my reading here whenever I had the time. And just now I have the time to enjoy this outstanding piece of literature you have written here. Accurate description of the game and, indeed, EV does feel a bit like a big SV. That's especially noticeable since you come from playing Shinovi Versus first. That being said, the improvements and the smoothness present here make the game a lot more enjoyable to play on the big screen.

Thanks Honor! ? No worries -- nobody is ever truly too late to the party when it comes to these checklist threads. :P 

If you liked the story here, wait till you get to Burst Renewal. I can guarantee that you'll be blown away by that one. Here's hoping that we get a remake or remaster of Deep Crimson one of these days as it'd be awesome to be able to fill that gap in the story on the PlayStation side of things.

I reckon Burst Renewal is going to be amazing - especially considering how impressed I already am with Shinovi and Estival Versus. A Deep Crimson remake would have been grand, since it's really the only one we're missing, at least before you start considering the Switch exclusives. I have a bad feeling that the window of opportunity may already have closed, though, so I've come to terms with the fact that I will probably be making time for a 3DS playthrough in the future. If I do play, I'll be sure to make the most of it and let others here know if it's worth the time to play.

Kafuru, best Mikagura Sister much like Mirai is best girl. Those two hit all the right spots for me, mm-hmm. 1f60c.png

Kafuru is super cute, and she's pretty entertaining with that bratty attitude of hers, lol. If I remember correctly, I think she's currently holding the most votes in the latest Miss Shinobi contest; it certainly helps that the artist behind her submission did a pretty good job on the nude mod. ?

nwkLWAu.jpg

Also a fan of that talking dolphin of hers.

Senran Kagura Tier List coming when? I already did mine a long time ago. 8D

I figure I better at least play Peach Beach Splash first; I believe there are new ladies introduced there, and it's probably most fair to see all the girls available on the PlayStation side first. Your tier list had me cracking up with the "Who???" section, though. ? An unbelievable amount of chicks there that I have never seen in my life. I wonder if they're from the mobile game. Either way, it looks like plenty of omissions will need to be made on the cutting floor when I finally get around to my own list, lol. 

9 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Congrats on the plat!

Thank you! ?

9 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

We had a similar idea, Miyabi is my favorite girl so I got her trophy icon for my 7.000 trophy xD

I saw your recent post in the Post your favourite girl thread! Miyabi always seems to get the hardest hitting story arcs -- really a memorable character in the series, and can be pretty hot in the right outfits. I have the utmost respect for those dedicated enough to make sure their waifu shows up in their milestones, or cabinet (or both!); props for making sure Miyabi got in there!

• Like 4

On 25/8/2022 at 10:42 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Kafuru is super cute, and she's pretty entertaining with that bratty attitude of hers, lol. If I remember correctly, I think she's currently holding the most votes in the latest Miss Shinobi contest; it certainly helps that the artist behind her submission did a pretty good job on the nude mod. 1f61b.png

nwkLWAu.jpg

Also a fan of that talking dolphin of hers.

Bratty girls do the trick for me too, not gonna lie. ? Mm-hmm, and what a fine work the artist did on her submission. I remember it pretty well. Easy to see why she'd get the most upvotes there. ;D 

Fh65.gif

TOTSUGEKI!!! ? Kinda... xxD

I figure I better at least play Peach Beach Splash first; I believe there are new ladies introduced there, and it's probably most fair to see all the girls available on the PlayStation side first. Your tier list had me cracking up with the "Who???" section, though. 1f606.png An unbelievable amount of chicks there that I have never seen in my life. I wonder if they're from the mobile game. Either way, it looks like plenty of omissions will need to be made on the cutting floor when I finally get around to my own list, lol.

Yeah, most of the girls under that section are from, I believe, their mobile gacha game Senran Kagura: New Link. Since I didn't know most of them, they ended up on that part of my tier. That and transformations as well, I opted to put those on that side as well. Looking forward to that tier list after you're done with Peach Beach Splash. ;D Really liked the concept of that one. It has some performance issues and lacks a bit of the story hook of the main games but the gameplay is solid. Plus getting all those girls wet is always worth it~ 8D

• Like 3

Comically behind on this thread; I am truly sorry. 

On 7/11/2022 at 6:35 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

:platinum: Platinum #35 - DragonFangZ (13.33%)

Seeing you be the first Western player to get this one done was really cool. No information to lean on - and you explored something pretty unfamiliar. Interesting way to break into the genre. 

I've not experienced many titles like rogue-likes/rogue-lites -- but in principle it isn't something that interests me in the first place. I'm fine with there being variety in enemy design -- in fact I welcome it; but I want all games to be intricately designed instead of the game deciding what it will place. Games like Flinthook would have captured my interest otherwise. 

Its localization is definitely unfortunate. Too often, they'll be outsourced to some hardly-existing company domestically for a quick turn-around. Japanese developers have shown to have excellent localizations if their translators are internal. Though few companies have that. 

On 7/16/2022 at 10:52 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

:platinum: Platinum #36 - Dead or School (40.92%)

Wasn't aware of this game until I noticed you playing it. I do like Metroidvanias a lot (more of a Metroid fan than a Castlevania lover; but I do enjoy both) and could be interested in this one. I think a lot of its style lends well to the cutscenes -- not so much the in-game imagery. I bet something like this with pixel-art for in-game visuals would have been excellent. As you said though - it's a budget title; and that definitely would have been costly. 

30 hours seems high for a game with that kind of rarity. Having not really looked at the trophy statistics, my guess is the game has a low volume of players due to it being hyper-specific. Still, interesting read on the game. I'll keep an eye on it during sales.

On 8/9/2022 at 0:50 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

:platinum: Platinum #37 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (17.30%)

Here, my interests as a weeb and as a gamer do not synergize well. 

Despite loving the Neptunia avatars even all the way back in 2011; I had not really engaged in the series - and that's due to its gameplay. Even as a weeb - I pretty much detest JRPGs; vintage or contemporary. I think this is largely due to growing up when games were developing into being as responsive as the player. I expect a lot of input on my end when I'm playing something. If a game has a lot of downtime, I'm usually not interested in it. 

So, I've been a long time "admirer" of the series - because of its weebery. 

On 8/9/2022 at 0:50 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

LSWyy8x.jpg

...well, neurons are firing. 

Anyway. 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:21 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

:platinum: Platinum #38 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus (31.00%

Now here, this is where my interests synergize a bit. The gameplay in Senran Kagura is more up my alley; as I love 3D beat-'em-ups. 

I first got hooked when I imported the Japanese version of the original game on PS Vita. I fell off after the original, but have been following the series pretty long term. I have some of the collectors editions of the games -- though they have yet to be played. Glad you enjoyed yourself and I enjoyed this moment the most from your post: 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:21 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

EeRORTs.gif

Great job on the milestone. I wish I had put more thought into my own. Maybe I can do that moving forward. 

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

:platinum: Platinum #39 - Titanfall 2 (8.29%

Aha, here we go. 

When the original Titanfall got announced, I got incredibly excited. I got an Xbox One just for that game initially and at the time, it was worth it. I believe the original's servers have long been terminated; but that was an excellent game. I got incredibly competitive with it; as there was no single-player. It was either perform or die. I'll miss that experience. 

The sequel was enjoyable in a much different way. I felt its multiplayer lacked a little compared to the original; though the single-player was incredibly fun. I actually think the future of Titanfall is probably best served in the single-player realm with high difficulty from a dynamic of platforming and firearm combat. I'll definitely revisit this game down the line and enjoy my time once more. The campaign was a lot of fun -- though I'll confess I either skipped the cutscenes, or flat-out didn't watch them. Your campaign doesn't need to have a good story for me to enjoy it -- I just need to have fun. Any down time that takes me away from the energetic action usually is met unfavorably. 

Even though it took 10 hours of practice, you did it. I had an Australian rando accuse me of having someone do it for me, due to me mocking him for opening a shareplay for someone to do it for him. I immediately pointed to Vanquish at the user and said that I am not bad at shooters; even if I don't play them often. Didn't matter - he just had an axe to grind. 

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Shocking, I know. Anyway, a couple of things led me to Titanfall 2: one being a recent conversation with a couple of good friends successfully putting the game onto my radar, and the other being the Gauntlet, responsible for most of the game's horror stories.

These guys sound like assholes. Why are you associating with people like that? 

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with Titanfall. Mechs, mobile gameplay with an awesome mix of combat and platforming; I found a lot there for myself as well. Looking forward to seeing what you start next. 

• Like 3

On 8/28/2022 at 0:55 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

Comically behind on this thread; I am truly sorry. 

Hey! No worries. Nothing wrong with getting those IRL responsibilities sorted out, and hobby activities progressed; we can talk about video games anytime. :P I appreciate you dropping in.

I've not experienced many titles like rogue-likes/rogue-lites -- but in principle it isn't something that interests me in the first place. I'm fine with there being variety in enemy design -- in fact I welcome it; but I want all games to be intricately designed instead of the game deciding what it will place. Games like Flinthook would have captured my interest otherwise. 

You're pretty similar to Flub in that you already know it's not your thing. Nothing wrong with that either -- better to know beforehand, than to find out the hard way!

DFZ and similar games would unfortunately get really boring really quick without the randomization. Possibly a flaw for both the game and genre at large, but the RNG tickles my lizard brain regardless, so I'm happy with it as it is. 

Don't have much experience with roguelite games like Flinthook, but it looks like it is another one that people could be sleeping on, judging by that owner count. I do wonder how the looting and upgrading is for that game, as it would almost solely determine how hooked I get on the gameplay loop. One for me to do some research on later.

Wasn't aware of this game until I noticed you playing it. I do like Metroidvanias a lot (more of a Metroid fan than a Castlevania lover; but I do enjoy both) and could be interested in this one. I think a lot of its style lends well to the cutscenes -- not so much the in-game imagery. I bet something like this with pixel-art for in-game visuals would have been excellent. As you said though - it's a budget title; and that definitely would have been costly. 

Pixel art would have done this game pretty well, given the retro-style gameplay. It certainly would have helped deal with the occasional jank caused by the 3D-ish environments. 2D pixel Hisako would have been really cute to look at as well, which is the most important part. ?

30 hours seems high for a game with that kind of rarity. Having not really looked at the trophy statistics, my guess is the game has a low volume of players due to it being hyper-specific. Still, interesting read on the game. I'll keep an eye on it during sales.

Yeah, it's a little bit under 3,000, so the owner count is not terribly high. When I go through profiles of recent players, they tend to either be JP players or weebs, so it does seem like it's only brought in its niche audience. The rarity is largely explained by the low difficulty of the platinum in general -- though this is also one of those games where doing a "completionist" run - without trophy focus - gets you so close to the plat, that most people will probably just go ahead and grab the couple of misc trophies that didn't pop during the game. 

Despite loving the Neptunia avatars even all the way back in 2011; I had not really engaged in the series - and that's due to its gameplay. Even as a weeb - I pretty much detest JRPGs; vintage or contemporary. I think this is largely due to growing up when games were developing into being as responsive as the player. I expect a lot of input on my end when I'm playing something. If a game has a lot of downtime, I'm usually not interested in it. 

As much as I loved the three Neptunia games I've played so far, I'd have a hard time even selling the series to actual JRPG fans. They are for a niche of a niche; you have to dig JRPGs, be a weeb, and be a moe otaku -- which is just a lot of things that have to line up just right. Fortunately, the franchise does have some action-based spinoffs - developed by Tamsoft - that I imagine might be decent enough for somebody that digs the gameplay of Senran Kagura. I'll be sure to report back in the future on whether those are worth the time. ?

I first got hooked when I imported the Japanese version of the original game on PS Vita. I fell off after the original, but have been following the series pretty long term. I have some of the collectors editions of the games -- though they have yet to be played. Glad you enjoyed yourself and I enjoyed this moment the most from your post: 

Shinovi Versus has been my favorite story experience of the series so far, so I'm glad you at least gave that one a playthrough. You're pretty fortunate to have those Nyu Nyu DX packs - assuming the rest of your CEs are also Japanese versions - as they all have some sweet packaging! I only have the (NA) CE for Peach Beach, but at this point I'm happy to just play the games at all. 

If you ever do pick back up where you left off: Bon Appetit - the entry following Shinovi - is great if you get into rhythm games at all. You might appreciate the Steam version for the 60 FPS, but Vita works too.

Great job on the milestone. I wish I had put more thought into my own. Maybe I can do that moving forward. 

Thanks! It is gratifying when the milestone comes out just right. The only downside to dealing with milestones is restricting your play when coming close, but it's still worth it to see something nice on the right side of your page. I haven't thought about 2500 yet, so I wonder what will end up jumping out at me for inspiration. It'll be fun to see your future milestone picks, if you end up rolling forward with the idea.

The sequel was enjoyable in a much different way. I felt its multiplayer lacked a little compared to the original; though the single-player was incredibly fun. I actually think the future of Titanfall is probably best served in the single-player realm with high difficulty from a dynamic of platforming and firearm combat. I'll definitely revisit this game down the line and enjoy my time once more.

I'm all for that; I imagine a lot of the single-player enjoyers around here would get a kick out of that, too. The campaign gameplay was fun enough that I can see myself coming back in the future and playing just for the enjoyment of it. The bit of community research I've done does have me concerned whether a Titanfall 3 would ever happen, but I'll definitely get hyped if it's ever announced.

Even though it took 10 hours of practice, you did it. I had an Australian rando accuse me of having someone do it for me, due to me mocking him for opening a shareplay for someone to do it for him. I immediately pointed to Vanquish at the user and said that I am not bad at shooters; even if I don't play them often. Didn't matter - he just had an axe to grind. 

Now that is funny. Like, yeah the Gauntlet is challenging, but it's not that hard to the point of needing Shareplay - especially when you have receipts like Vanquish to show in response to a silly accusation like that. 

Now that I've done the Gauntlet, though, I really do have to check out Challenge 6 and see how it stacks up. Gonna be a heck of a time, for sure.

These guys sound like assholes. Why are you associating with people like that? 

You and Deadly have enough notifications under your bell icon without me tagging over Titanfall. ? I do appreciate you two drawing my attention to the game, though; it's one that was on my mind for a while, and it feels great to have finally played it. I am at least a bit more of a mech enjoyer now, having had the experience.

Edited by AihaLoveleaf
typo
  • Like 1

On 28/08/2022 at 5:06 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

:platinum: Platinum #39 - Titanfall 2 (8.29%
Completion Time: 1 day, 10 hours

Trophy difficulty in Titanfall 2 is non-trivial. The time trial required for ...Becomes the Master is the make-or-break challenge for Platinum achievers. Fortunately, once you've conquered the Gauntlet, you're pretty much in the clear. You're also tasked with clearing the campaign on Master difficulty, which can be about as easy or difficult as you let it be, along with the usual secretary work of mopping up the game's collectibles. Another treat for players is that the online trophies can be done very quickly, and without the need for another player. You can be done with the online within a few minutes, if you make use of private matches against the AI.

If you're into first-person shooters, or are looking for a mech game to get into, Titanfall 2 is worth a try. If you missed the Plus offering like me, the game is only a few bucks if you catch it on sale, and is a relatively quick completion overall. If you tend to care about finishing what you start, I recommend you take a look at a video or two online for ...Becomes the Master, and see if you can see yourself completing the Gauntlet in time. For those that dive in: good luck, and enjoy.

Congrats on finishing this! I saw you were on this the other day so was looking forward to what you thought of it. I think a few of us did it around the same time awhile back so that was cool. It was pretty decent so was definitely worth doing plus the Gauntlet is a nice challenge too. I know what you mean with your first few attempts where the time seems out of reach. I found that once you get used to the mechanics then you'll eventually get the run you need. It's nice that there's multiple ways to do the Gauntlet too. Nice going!

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Well done on Titanfall 2. Arguably the best FPS Campaign of last generation.

Thank you Deli! I've a lot of missed PS4 shooters to get around to, but I do feel like I may have witnessed the peak of FPS campaign for the generation: in both gameplay and writing. The bar has certainly been set.

15 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Congrats on finishing this! I saw you were on this the other day so was looking forward to what you thought of it. I think a few of us did it around the same time awhile back so that was cool. It was pretty decent so was definitely worth doing plus the Gauntlet is a nice challenge too. I know what you mean with your first few attempts where the time seems out of reach. I found that once you get used to the mechanics then you'll eventually get the run you need. It's nice that there's multiple ways to do the Gauntlet too. Nice going!

Thank you kindly, Destructor. If there's a Trophy Checklist Club of Titanfall 2 achievers, then I'm happy to have joined it. :P The early hours of Gauntlet were brutal for me: fumbling with the mechanics, struggling to get all my actions in sync, and regularly finishing around ~40 seconds had me guessing whether I could even improve further. It feels great once it clicks, though. I found myself still thinking about the Gauntlet, even after finishing it, and watching new videos to see how others scored faster times; the sign of a worthy challenge, I would say. I generally really dig time trials in games, though I usually go for platformers and racers, where I already have experience with the mechanics - as a lot of us do. Anyways, looking forward to the next "Gotta go fast!" challenge, whatever it may be.

• Like 3

Excellent work on completing Titanfall 2, Aiha.

I actually added that one to my profile a couple of months back amidst fear of a possible server issue/closure/something that could've rendered those online trophies unobtainable. So I picked the game for what was essentially dollar change money and did the online at the time. The FPS angle always catches my attention, and the fact that it got so much praise led me to check it out, although admittedly, before checking your review here, I had zero idea what the game was about. Now I know titans will be falling from the sky, lol. xxD

But really, great work on this one. Outstanding job on that Gauntlet level too. I saw the video of your successful attempt, and you played like a boss. Now, 10 hours? Damn. I remember previous CoD's had challenging speedruns in their tutorial levels, but this one here sounds particularly tough. Now I am all the more interested in checking this one out to see if it's really that hard.

• Like 1