Rumor: Overwatch 1 will be merged with Overwatch 2 in October, potential issues

Stinkyremy

45 minutes ago, StanPortrBridges said:

I believe Destiny is the only game that continues to update the descriptions on it's trophies

What? This exact game we're talking about did that for 6 years straight. Every time OW changed its heroes in a way that made a trophy either impossible or near impossible, they would change the description and requirement. 

R6 Siege did the same. Changed up the game and the entire list with it. There's even a thread somewhere on psnp dedicated to updating trophy lists on this site to match the updated list on psn. 

But yes, Sony aren't strict on trophies. They 'act' like they are or try to be, but just aren't. 

Just an FYI to anyone following this god damn debacle.

Blizzard are DIALLING BACK the mandatory SMS phone doxx needed to play overwatch 2.

Check their official forums and it will go into effect tomorrow (Friday) but only for people who have played before and had already linked their console game with battle.net.

Essentially, like I called it making this thread months ago, they have alienated not just people like me who refuse to doxx themselves, but countless other players like poor people or people with bad credit who cannot get or afford contract sim cards, young children who do not have phones, parents with children etc.

The entire community is pissed about it as well as many other things and they are dialling it back to basically only new accounts need to doxx themself. Older accounts that used to play before OW2 dropped can bypass the doxx.

Again look at the official forums or This amended post about the doxxing for real info as the description is vague.

As you guys would have already seen, they merged the trophies from OW1 with OW2 being as DLC, as well as changing OW1 trophy reqs. Unfortunately there is now also a PS5 trophy list separate for OW2 with no word if they autopop and retro autopop, so if anyone has info on the PS5 auto pop and/or retroactively popping on PS4 can you let me know by replying to this.

Just to add, they have absolutely ruined the lootbox rewards and steady climb of in game incentives that was there in OW1, OW2 is now apparently just a micro transaction laden grind which is aiming to hook in whales and people with lack of common sense or discipline. Aparently it would now take you 36 weeks of daily grinding just to get enough currency to but 1 legendary skin.

Irony is that OW was the first game that did lootboxes correctly.

Edited by Stinkyremy
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stinkyremy said:

Just to add, they have absolutely ruined the lootbox rewards and steady climb of in game incentives that was there in OW1, OW2 is now apparently just a micro transaction laden grind which is aiming to hook in whales and people with lack of common sense or discipline. Aparently it would now take you 36 weeks of daily grinding just to get enough currency to but 1 legendary skin.

Irony is that OW was the first game that did lootboxes correctly.

At this point, anyone who just started playing OW should give up getting the platinum, as Decked Out would never be achieved without spending a dime.

Unless Blizzard realize how ludicrous all of this is and make a change.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

33 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

At this point, anyone who just started playing OW should give up getting the platinum, as Decked Out would never be achieved without spending a dime.

Unless Blizzard realize how ludicrous all of this is and make a change.

A guy from a OW boost session just messaged me saying only decked out auto popped from PS4 to PS5, which is shitty.

The other ones wont be so difficult, though stupid we should have to do them all again, a lot of the character specific trophies are so situational and skill required without boosting.

I fortunately have decked out and only really need char specific ones.