[Video] Defeat the final boss without getting touched

Or you can do what I did and just join an online game right as they beat him. You still get it even if you load in late. Just press L1 over the level and pick a game. If you want, you can keep joining and rejoining the same game until he's almost dead. It is a bit tricky since it often spawns you into damage but it's not too hard. It took me about 10 minutes.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Or you can do what I did and just join an online game right as they beat him. You still get it even if you load in late. Just press L1 over the level and pick a game. If you want, you can keep joining and rejoining the same game until he's almost dead. It is a bit tricky since it often spawns you into damage but it's not too hard. It took me about 10 minutes.

Can confirm that this works, just got it after 4 tries of joining online lobbies, but still kudos for the vid buddy nicely done! ??

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Done this at least 6 times and still haven't got the trophy for it

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

So. I'm not a doubter but for some reason this doesn't work? I feel like this is super specific.

Ive joined many games like that but i feel you have to join 'just' before they beat him. If they get hit while you're waiting it count in the overall challenge as a hit (because one gets hit counts as yourself). 

At what pooint did you jump in?

2 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

So. I'm not a doubter but for some reason this doesn't work? I feel like this is super specific.

Ive joined many games like that but i feel you have to join 'just' before they beat him. If they get hit while you're waiting it count in the overall challenge as a hit (because one gets hit counts as yourself). 

I'm not too sure but he was in his death animation when I joined and I got it. But the time before, I must have joined just after that because I didn't get it. It might be a little unpredictable but with some luck and like 15 minutes, you should be able to get it. 

4 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Guys I found the best method for this. 2 players needed. Player 1 is fighting the boss solo Player 2 will be watching via a share play screen and join as soon as the final blow lands on shredder. 

Start a share play session and share screen. Player 1 shares screen and solos the boss

Player 2 will join as soon as shredder dies and boom trophy pops. Switch roles for other player and done. 

Easy fight aswell. Can use aerials to dodge ground pound on liberty boss and just stand n line with shredder to avoid the flame attack. Player 1 won't get the trophy. He can take damage. Just has to beat the boss. 

Edited by A-D-I-L_99
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

I just jumped in but slightly too early before he was dead. He was stunned so I even went in and landed the final blow. Didn’t get hit by anything as he was stunned already.  Didn’t get the trophy. Might try again…

EDIT: tried again x3 and didn't get the trophy. spawned in when he was about to die twice, and once after the final blow but before his death animation. Probably going to just try to do it legit.

Edited by EPICRAGE

7 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I'm not too sure but he was in his death animation when I joined and I got it. But the time before, I must have joined just after that because I didn't get it. It might be a little unpredictable but with some luck and like 15 minutes, you should be able to get it. 

Can this be done in Story, Arcade, or either?

12 hours ago, jason_trixta said:

Done this at least 6 times and still haven't got the trophy for it

I got the trophy just now by joining a game that by a sheer fluke Shredder was just dying, was the second game I ever joined on the last stage.

I'm pretty sure if you have a friend play and send an invite, then you wait until shredder is 1% health and then accept your friend's invite at the moment he/she is about to hit Shredder and kill him, it should work.

I hadn't even joined in, the trophy popped while I was selecting my character but I could not select my character since the game had already finished.

Edited by enaysoft

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I got the trophy just now by joining a game that by a sheer fluke Shredder was just dying, was the second game I ever joined on the last stage.

I'm pretty sure if you have a friend play and send an invite, then you wait until shredder is 1% health and then accept your friend's invite at the moment he/she is about to hit Shredder and kill him, it should work.

I hadn't even joined in, the trophy popped while I was selecting my character but I could not select my character since the game had already finished.

That's how I got it earlier.  Used my wife's account on the PS4 to fight him and had an invite ready on my PS5 for mine.  Right as I killed him with her I hit X to accept the invite.  Was hairy having to hit the button without having the screen up on the TV but somehow it was perfectly timed.

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Had the same thought, tried with a friend multiple times. It doesn’t. 

Got the trophy tonight after an hour or so of practice. 

8 hours ago, WyndigoSpirit said:

Just wanted to say thank you for the vid, Wheat_YT! It only took an hour of practice with your video to help, even with a lv7 Raph, and I fully admit I'm not great at beat em ups.

@WyndigoSpirit congrats on doing it legit ? I know it can be quite painful to load straight into the boss scene and get hit straight away :lol:

5 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

Had the same thought, tried with a friend multiple times. It doesn’t. 

Got the trophy tonight after an hour or so of practice. 

Yeah it does work, i helped 2 friends earlier, one on PS4 and one on PS5 and it worked fine.

it's best to wait until Shredder does his 4 clones attack thing as it is easy to doge and you can take as long as you like waiting for people to join before hitting the final clone and then killing shredder.

46 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah it does work, i helped 2 friends earlier, one on PS4 and one on PS5 and it worked fine.

it's best to wait until Shredder does his 4 clones attack thing as it is easy to doge and you can take as long as you like waiting for people to join before hitting the final clone and then killing shredder.

exactly what we did with no trophy, three attempts. Must be very inconsistent. 

did you (the host) get hit at any point prior to them joining the lobby? Prior poster meant that the new player obviously got no hit because they’re there for the final blow. I think the host has to be able to do it legit. 

I loaded up my Story mode (started at medium difficulty) played final stage and just played normally. Started a private game, got hit a few times, you need to make sure when your friends are joining that you don't get hit. Before they join does not seem to matter. Shreddder is easy to dodge though as he has 3 attack patterns.

When shredder almost dead, pause the game, send out invites.

Then when I say "NOW" (on voice chat) everyone hits that join invite, usually about 5 seconds before Shredder does his predictable shield then collapse tired.

Then I kill Shredder at the last possible moment. Even with shredder dying, people join the game and their char select stuff pop up and they still get the trophy.

Took two attempts for ps5 player but ps4 user was first try.

I am on PS4 btw.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

This did not work for me. I joined (confirmed character selection) right before they landed the final blow and nothing popped. 

2 hours ago, danistheguy said:

This did not work for me. I joined (confirmed character selection) right before they landed the final blow and nothing popped. 

So I just got it by joining a matchmaking game (L1), and their game was already in the ending cutscene. So I didn't actually see the shredder fight. Not sure why if that's what made a difference, and of course no way to know if a game is going to be in the cutscene when you join. I think it's just super unreliable. 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2022 at 3:55 AM, danistheguy said:

So I just got it by joining a matchmaking game (L1), and their game was already in the ending cutscene. So I didn't actually see the shredder fight. Not sure why if that's what made a difference, and of course no way to know if a game is going to be in the cutscene when you join. I think it's just super unreliable. 

I had the same thing happen. Supper shredder was frozen and glitched on his falling down animation. Let me in and then the trophy popped.