[Video] Defeat the final boss without getting touched

I’ve joined late in arcade mode over 6 times, joined in from levels 12-16, as he was dying, no trophy. I’ve played story mode and tried the same thing with a friend, waited until the last second, no trophy. Killed him without getting hit with a friend, no trophy. If I’m playing with friends and my partner gets hit, does it not count? Can this be done in story? Can anyone confirm that you can get hit by Krang in the first part? I’m at a loss here. I’ve tried everything, I can’t get this to unlock.

50 minutes ago, TheCampy said:

I’ve joined late in arcade mode over 6 times, joined in from levels 12-16, as he was dying, no trophy. I’ve played story mode and tried the same thing with a friend, waited until the last second, no trophy. Killed him without getting hit with a friend, no trophy. If I’m playing with friends and my partner gets hit, does it not count? Can this be done in story? Can anyone confirm that you can get hit by Krang in the first part? I’m at a loss here. I’ve tried everything, I can’t get this to unlock.

Yes, if ANYONE in the game gets hit, doesn't matter if you don't get hit youself, if anyone in the game gets hit at any time, it will void it for everyone.

Getting hit by Krang in the first part is fine.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Yes, if ANYONE in the game gets hit, doesn't matter if you don't get hit youself, if anyone in the game gets hit at any time, it will void it for everyone.

I don't think this is the case. At least, it wasn't for me. I joined as he was exploding and it popped for me. 

A friend of mine joined their game right at the end of the fight and people were taking damage. It popped for him upon Shredder exploding. 

I think it's just a very inconsistent pop.

6 hours ago, Guggzs said:

I don't think this is the case. At least, it wasn't for me. I joined as he was exploding and it popped for me. 

A friend of mine joined their game right at the end of the fight and people were taking damage. It popped for him upon Shredder exploding. 

I think it's just a very inconsistent pop.

I can confirm that the host cant get hit in order for others to get the trophy.  A friend of mine and I did it multiple times with no trophy then he finally got to the end without getting hit and then I joined in on his game and then he killed him without still getting hit and we got the trophy.  I think it has to do with the host on not getting hit.  He did it with another friend of ours as well and he also got it without true host player getting hit. 

15 hours ago, enaysoft said:

5 hours ago, BseBal said:

I can confirm that the host cant get hit in order for others to get the trophy.  A friend of mine and I did it multiple times with no trophy then he finally got to the end without getting hit and then I joined in on his game and then he killed him without still getting hit and we got the trophy.  I think it has to do with the host on not getting hit.  He did it with another friend of ours as well and he also got it without true host player getting hit. 

It's if anyone gets hit once you're loaded in and at the character select that starts the tracker.  That's why it works when you load in right as the final hit is struck.

I got the trophy with a friend, used the following information to easily break it down step by step, credit to the guys over at Trueachievements, not mine.

1) Have a friend playing the game or find a boost partner and make them friends (its just easier and safer in a private friends game)
2) Start a party together (just makes inviting/joining easier and communication easier)
3) Have the booster start a game and make it "friends only" multiplayer game. Achievement partner just waits to accept invite or join booster's game. (Note: Achievement partner DO NOT join the game till booster says so.)
4) Have the booster play level 16 and kill super Shredder
5) IMPROTANT As soon as Super Shedder's death animation begins have the booster pause the game. Note to Booster - do not unpause the game, just wait.
6) Booster tells achievement partner to join. Achievement partner should now join or accept invite.
7) Game will resume as soon and Achievement partner loads in and joins and the achievement will pop.
8) Switch roles.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm that the method posted by The Campy earlier in the thread works perfectly. This coupled with joining an already in-progress arcade game on the hardest difficulty and just leeching off of other people's skill makes the two hardest trophies super easy. 

Edited by BEARDLESSVlKlNG

Been trying various methods with no success, also how do you know what difficulty it's on when you join other games, it doesn't say it anywhere? Also played with friends a bunch of times just for fun with no trophies in mind and we had to all quit out becuase of so many random glitches. Game is a piece of shit to be honest until they fix it, which I sincerely hope they do since it great when it works.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, jasonpresents said:

Been trying various methods with no success, also how do you know what difficulty it's on when you join other games, it doesn't say it anywhere? Also played with friends a bunch of times just for fun with no trophies in mind and we had to all quit out becuase of so many random glitches. Game is a piece of shit to be honest until they fix it, which I sincerely hope they do since it great when it works.

Just play it on solo and beat the boss legit.  It really isn't that hard.  You can charge up your special 3 times and it only takes 8 to beat him.  The last two are practically a gimme because he does the four shadow figure shooting orbs thing and it's super easy to charge up your special and not get hit at that part.

• Like 2

I hate the fact that you have to go through everything else in the level before facing Super Shredder.  It’s so annoying to have to sit through the title card, the Statue of Tyranny’s intro, beat the statue, and Super Shredders intro, just for him to randomly dash into you in half a second giving you no time to react.  You can’t get into a rhythm because you have to wait 2 minutes before you can try again.  The game is super fun but whoever made this trophy/the challenge for level 16 obviously didn’t play it.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 7:43 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

Just play it on solo and beat the boss legit.  It really isn't that hard.  You can charge up your special 3 times and it only takes 8 to beat him.  The last two are practically a gimme because he does the four shadow figure shooting orbs thing and it's super easy to charge up your special and not get hit at that part.

Oh to live in a world where you can charge up your special while things are shooting orbs at you.  Also the problem isn’t hitting Shedder with 8 special attacks, it’s not getting hit while waiting to attack him.  

From what I'm gathering, the joining method only works if you join while at the mission summary scene(after beating shredder). You can have a friend beat shredder and when they get to the summary screen don't press X. Instead invite your buddy or leave the lobby open to "friends only" and tell them when to join. This is how I did it. I beat shredder on one PS5 and then when I got to the summary screen I joined from my other PS5 and the trophy popped. 

Soooooo I just got this trophy the legit way after 2 weeks of constant frustration.  I would not recommend going for it just because it’s so time consuming due to having to sit through a lot of stuff and having to beat the SOT before every attempt at Super Shredder.  Plus because Shredder is so random in his movements you don’t even get a sense of satisfaction when you finally get it.  I love challenging trophies but this isn’t challenging, it’s tediously frustrating.

of you do decide to go for it my suggestion is to not quit and restart when he hits you.  Use that opportunity to learn where to stand when he does his flame ring attack.  If you can learn that you stand a better chance of beating him when he decides to not use his zen attack right at you.

On 7/25/2022 at 5:12 PM, Trigun1081 said:

Oh to live in a world where you can charge up your special while things are shooting orbs at you.  Also the problem isn’t hitting Shedder with 8 special attacks, it’s not getting hit while waiting to attack him.  

I understand the difficulty is in not getting hit, I got the trophy.  My point is, you only have to not get hit for three waves of attacks and the third wave is super simple and predictable.  The first two waves aren't that hard either, it's just a little more random as far as the pattern is concerned.  

I just don't get why people are wasting their time trying to join lobbies to get this.  It's not that difficult if you just put in the slightest amount of effort.

On 25/07/2022 at 0:43 AM, JaneAusten69 said:

Just got this after a pair of hours trying and figuring out the best course of action. Standing still especifically at his right/left on wave attacks is a major game changing regarding the special attack recharge, but if it helps anyone I'll say that keeping yourself kinda glued to the right side of the screen really helps because he'll teleport next to you (keep going up and down here) and forces him to slash first to the left, which means you only have to actually dodge his Z attack once (he'll stop midway his second coming to make the wave attack).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just gonna add that this method worked really well for me. I know a lot of folks think it's just easier to ignore this and jump into someone else's game, and maybe it is "easier" but this method worked very well for me with only 3-4 tries. If you don't feel like joining someone else, it's worth a shot.

I definitely found sticking in the corners at almost all times helps. Just know that during his zig-zag attack phase, when he zigs away from you on the second go, chances are he will aim right at you on the third go when he comes back, so definitely move before that. A well-timed jump can be extra insurance just in case.

And like the video says, the circular fireball attack can't seem to hit you in the later phases of it, allowing you to taunt for special bars. The very first phase of this attack needs to be jumped over, because he does it closer to the center of the screen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/10/2022 at 3:31 AM, lll-Grogu-lll said:

Best way to do this is enter the last level when Super Shredder is just about to die. Join an arcade game that's above 85 to 90%. 

Someone or a few guys will be playing just to finish the game, just spectate until the very last hit. Worked for me.

Have they changed something on PS5 , because this doesn’t seem to work? I had the final hit even to take him down.. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, JWill_55 said:

Have they changed something on PS5 , because this doesn’t seem to work? I had the final hit even to take him down.. 

The host literally had to hit Shredder for the last hit and then pause immediately until the person going for the trophy enters, which automatically unpauses it and should pop the trophy.  I haven't heard about it not working anymore myself.  But the big new patch today might've fixed it, it's unknown as of yet.

• Like 1