[Video] Defeat the final boss without getting touched

34 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Wondering if any of these new settings from the update today could help with this? Like the aggro enemies one. 

D25F536A-C9CF-483B-988A-BEF04FB0D33A.jpg

"A new Arcade mode is here: Custom Game! Just like an actual arcade machine: customize your game experience using DIP switches: free play, old-school Super Attacks, faster enemies, no more taunts, and many more! You can see the customization in the lobbies of Custom Games. Achievements’ progression and unlocking is disabled in Custom Games."

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23523292/tmnt-shredders-revenge-arcade-mode-update-konami-ninja-turtles

It looks like achievements/trophies are disabled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

"A new Arcade mode is here: Custom Game! Just like an actual arcade machine: customize your game experience using DIP switches: free play, old-school Super Attacks, faster enemies, no more taunts, and many more! You can see the customization in the lobbies of Custom Games. Achievements’ progression and unlocking is disabled in Custom Games."

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23523292/tmnt-shredders-revenge-arcade-mode-update-konami-ninja-turtles

It looks like achievements/trophies are disabled.

It also patched a bunch of stuff with a lot of the bosses, including Super Shredder.  If they patched it they did it stealthily though because it's not mentioned in any of the patches since I did the trophy back when the game originally came out.  I might teat with a dummy account on my PS4 to see if I can get the trophy to pop after this patch later tonight.

On another note, has anyone with the PS5 version been able to co op with PS4 version players?  I though I read a while back that you couldn't but can't seem to find the answer anywhere online now.

EDIT: The cheese method of joining as Super Shredder takes the last hit still works on PS4 as of the newest patch from 12/22/22.  I just tested it with my dummy account, using my main as the host.  Just send an invite to who needs the teophy. Have the host player get to Shredder.  They then pause immediately after getting the last hit on him and his death animation starts, then have the player who needs the trophy accept the friend request.  The game will unpause once someone joins and the trophy should pop.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Any Tips?
I really can't stand the idea of it, I don't even want to bother

First I have to do a whole other boss, then I have to watch the character jump down, wait 20 seconds because the devs don't let you skip things, then I get hit once and have to quit and do it all again because they devs didn't let you have a retry option despite it being a 2022 game

it's kind of ridiculous outdated crap

TrueAchievements is generally the best place to find trophy guides for specific trophies since PSNP doesn't want its users to help each other out and removed the ability for users submitting their own solutions. Seems to be a hard trophy either way but try these:

Who Needs A Dock? achievement in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (trueachievements.com)

These solutions look more elaborate than what you will find in most of the guides here and you can also check the comments which often contain great tips.

• Like 1

Not sure what kind of axe you're trying to grind, but the link you sent from TA literally copied a post from this site from 6 months earlier.  Same 8 steps and everything, it's about halfway down page 2, and the forum I linked is like 4 below the one we're in.

OP, you can do it in co-op, just have someone get to the part where the boss is exploding, pause the game and have you join.  Easy cheesy.  For a more specific 8 step process, either link above will work.

Edit:  It looks like Cloud7-7-7's thread got merged into this one, so now you just have to go back a page :)

Good luck!

Edited by FeelTheCosmos