Worst Sly Game in the Trilogy

The challenges on this are really annoying, especially the last ultimate gauntlet & Dr M challenge, he's on something else because in the story i beat him in 2 tries.

It just doesn't do what you want a lot of the times whilst climbing, seen other people complain too and say it's the worst one they played.

Personally Sly 2 was my favourite but after playing Sly 3, i am scared of getting Sly 4, might be very annoying too.

• Like 1

I liked them all pretty equally including even Thieves In Time which I think by far has the most critics against it. I've never really seen any real complaints against Sly 3 or any of the original trilogy for that matter. 

Another series I really gotta go back and play again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

I liked them all pretty equally including even Thieves In Time which I think by far has the most critics against it. I've never really seen any real complaints against Sly 3 or any of the original trilogy for that matter. 

Another series I really gotta go back and play again. 

The challenges are a pain i've seen people complain about it too, only some though as most are easily do-able but when the game doesn't register what you do always it's annoying, it worked on Sly 2 but this one was strange....

• Like 1

I'm gonna be peak contrarian and say that I enjoyed first Sly the most, then 4 (no idea why is it so hated among fans, it's pretty much the same game as previous two titles), then 3 and I found 2 the worst.
Also, I can't say much about game itself since our opinions differ, but the platinum in 4 is easily the most annoying with 3 sets of collectables and dumbass "check your map in every single level and area" trophy. Probably won't go for it even though I enjoyed the game.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 18.6.2022 at 3:58 PM, czDante92 said:

I'm gonna be peak contrarian and say that I enjoyed first Sly the most, then 4 (no idea why is it so hated among fans, it's pretty much the same game as previous two titles), then 3 and I found 2 the worst.
Also, I can't say much about game itself since our opinions differ, but the platinum in 4 is easily the most annoying with 3 sets of collectables and dumbass "check your map in every single level and area" trophy. Probably won't go for it even though I enjoyed the game.

Finally someone who agrees with me that Sly 2 is the worst game

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I've played and platted Sly 1,2,3, and even Bentley's Hackpack and the Sly Minigames (not played 4 yet) and can say I hated every single one. Not saying that just to have a hot take, but I just don't get why people love these games... The controls are awful and the gameplay is extremely repetitive. I can only think as I didn't play them as a kid that I just don't have that nostalgia.

Like I love Crash, Spyro, and Ratchet and Clank so much, and I've seen people on here not like them but say they love Sly haha? Guess nostalgia has a funny way of making us overlook flaws in games (myself included). And before someone says why did you play them all if you didn't like them; well, I bought the trilogy so I might as well plat them if I already bought them lol... 

Have put off playing Sly 4 for a couple years now cause I just don't think I'll enjoy it if it's more of the same! 

• Like 1

3 is my least favorite of the trilogy as well. The whole game was "Sly 2 but worse" in my opinion. Too many characters and gimmick missions and the whole game dragged. And the whole story felt like filler compared to what Sly 1 and 2 tried to do. It's still a good game, without a doubt, I'm replaying the trilogy collection on Vita currently and have every intention of doing 3 as well. But 1 and 2 were so much more interesting.