Hard Pass Trophy - (How To Get)

Nitemares-----

I know this has been the biggest topic on the PS5 The Quarry forums, thought I'd make a Topic on the version I'm playing, plus who wants to scroll throughout over 600+ replies and dozens of pages.

I just got this, on the un-patched disc version of the game, I'm pretty sure it works the same on PS4 & PS5. you have to completely uninstall the game, transferring to a removable hard drive and unplugging it does NOT work, if you're trying to save time for the re-download after you get the Trophy. Turn your internet off, then put in the disc and start a brand new playthrough, past saves and replaying Chapter 9 only also does NOT work. Unfortunately, I don't see any way of getting this with the digital version of the game, because it automatically installs the update, just going to have to wait for a future patch. I'm going to put the rest in spoilers just for people that haven't gone through it yet.

I picked up every Tarot up to Chapter 9 except Justice, because I'm also doing the Peanut Butter Pops Trophy with it and had Ryan kill Jacob in the bushes in Chapter 4, also killed Emma on the island in Chapter 4 to save time. I proceeded as usual even picked up a couple collectables, it won't void the Trophy if you do. I had Laura kill werewolf Nick in the cage and had Dylan killed on the crane. I don't think it matters who survives and I also don't think it matters about Tarots, as long as you pick up at least 1 Tarot in each Chapter,  just so you can have the option to "Move On" each time, but I can't confirm it. Finally, do NOT pick up the Heirophant Tarot card in Chapter 9, ignore it, because you won't be able to "Move On" and you'll get a cutscene instead. There's no specific stuff like hearing Eliza whisper or hearing Ravens or other minor irrelevant detail, don't even think Paths really matter.

The Trophy popped immediately after I did "Move On" at the end of Chapter 9.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

At this point, everyone that's unlocked and explained how has done something completely different playing through 1.0 and 1.02 versions with the exception of Move On every opportunity and not collecting The Hierophant. One thing I haven't seen explained are the people unlocking it after completing Chapter 8. If it's possible to unlock it before Chapter 9, what the hell else is there? All I can see is that the people that have unlocked it all did something unnoticeable to trigger it without realizing. Either that or it really is a complicated messy fked bug

Edited by Valor-Red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Valor-Red said:

At this point, everyone that's unlocked and explained how has done something completely different playing through 1.0 and 1.02 versions with the exception of Move On every opportunity and not collecting The Hierophant. One thing I haven't seen explained are the people unlocking it after completing Chapter 8. If it's possible to unlock it before Chapter 9, what the hell else is there? All I can see is that the people that have unlocked it all did something unnoticeable to trigger it without realizing. Either that or it really is a complicated messy fked bug

There is no specific requirements like people keep mentioning, certain choices and paths don't matter, like minor details like ravens, etc. or doing some special thing doesn't matter. I know it does pop at the end of Chapter 9, not 8, I don't know how it did for someone, probably a glitch, because Chapter 9 is the last time you can choose to move on. I explained what I did, but I also put it's probably not required. They really need to fix this bug, because that's exactly what it is.

2 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

There is no specific requirements like people keep mentioning, certain choices and paths don't matter, like minor details like ravens, etc. or doing some special thing doesn't matter. I know it does pop at the end of Chapter 9, not 8, I don't know how it did for someone, probably a glitch, because Chapter 9 is the last time you can choose to move on. I explained what I did, but I also put it's probably not required. They really need to fix this bug, because that's exactly what it is.

851fccb8f0da7198c20529fd5db4240a.png

This is the 2nd player that got it after completing Chapter 8, but yeah, could just be a really messed up bug

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valor-Red said:

851fccb8f0da7198c20529fd5db4240a.png

This is the 2nd player that got it after completing Chapter 8, but yeah, could just be a really messed up bug

Yeah I agree, bad bug, I even heard the Trophy still didn't pop for some doing pretty much what I did, so I really don't know why some Chapter 8 and some Chapter 9.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1