Can't install the update

juakofoo94

hello, yesterday i got my gta 5 copy (disk)..the problem is that when i enter to the game it shows you that there are updates available, but when it finish to download the fisrt one and it's installing it, it stops at 14% and says error 80029564 and i tried like 5 times....anyone has the same problem?

Didn't have this problem, but try 

1) Decline the update and Install the game data onto the PS3, i think it is around 5 GB or something, once completed, exit the game and then update it.

2) If you already installed the game data, delete it, then try updating it first, then after the update install the game data.

Hope it's clear and it helps!

Edited by KHAN-KSA

That error code means your internet connection isn't good enough to download a file of that size, so that may be the problem.

You could try restoring your system settings to default and trying again. That will clear the cache.

I read that Error 80029564 is "Can't install PlayStation Network downloaded content" .. I thought that he could download it, but he couldn't install it.

I read that Error 80029564 is "Can't install PlayStation Network downloaded content" .. I thought that he could download it, but he couldn't install it.

I've read that the error occurs when the download is fragmented and incomplete, due to a bad internet connection. It has trouble installing, because the file isn't completely downloaded.

• Like 2

Well, did anything work? :P

i've been trying what you said but it doesn't work...and i don't know why, because i have downloaded games and dlc's before and this has never happened to me

That error code means your internet connection isn't good enough to download a file of that size, so that may be the problem.

You could try restoring your system settings to default and trying again. That will clear the cache.

when you say restore the system..do you mean that i will lose all my saved games and updates already installed?

I'm not sure if you are having the same problem I had when I first started with this game because I cannot remember the error code, but my problem was with installing the game patch update (update 1.09 at the time).

From what I can remember:- I inserted the disk, was prompted to install the latest update, hit X as you would do normally but the install would then either fail straight away or time out after a very small percentage. I googled the problem and found the solution to solve this was to:

1. Insert disk as normal but decline the patch update by pressing O.

2. The game then installed the general game data (takes ages).

3. Game then started (obviously without latest patch at this stage).

4. Now pause, go to the online tab, and the game then at some stage prompts you to install the latest patch update again - hit X here and the patch update installed fine.

Like I said, not sure if this is the same issue you are having but this solution worked for my problem. Hope this helps you.

I'm not sure if you are having the same problem I had when I first started with this game because I cannot remember the error code, but my problem was with installing the game patch update (update 1.09 at the time).

From what I can remember:- I inserted the disk, was prompted to install the latest update, hit X as you would do normally but the install would then either fail straight away or time out after a very small percentage. I googled the problem and found the solution to solve this was to:

1. Insert disk as normal but decline the patch update by pressing O.

2. The game then installed the general game data (takes ages).

3. Game then started (obviously without latest patch at this stage).

4. Now pause, go to the online tab, and the game then at some stage prompts you to install the latest patch update again - hit X here and the patch update installed fine.

Like I said, not sure if this is the same issue you are having but this solution worked for my problem. Hope this helps you.

i tried that and it doesn't work either... i don't know what to do

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. Maybe I was getting a different error because I now remember my screen also going completely black a couple of times and freezing with no error code or anything showing.

This is odd because the link (http://www.gamepur.com/news/12137-potential-fix-gta-v-installation-error-code-80029564-discovered.html) suggests this problem relates to server connection issues (similar to that mentioned by ExHaseo above) and suggests to try again at a different time when the servers are less busy or there is less internet traffic, but you have been able to download games and DLC before, could be a temporary issue with your internet service provider???

The only other quick fix I have read about from people with patch install issues is to not touch anything when prompted to install the update, leave it for a while (maybe a minute or two) to let the game finish doing what it's doing in the background (I think you get the startup music/police sirens in the background then loads up your game) during this you still have the 'push X to install update' option on screen, after things have stopped in the background then press X to install the update.

If none of the above works then I'm sorry but I don't know what else to suggest apart from going down the route of contacting Sony/Rockstar support.

Hope you get this sorted.

Edited by DanWSmith

• 1 year later...