So, uh... anyone have a good strategy for Albatross?

Speady123

Just checking in to see if anyone has recommendations or tips for getting the Albatross trophy. I've been spamming the rewind feature, using power-heavy characters on Par 5 holes with short yardage, playing around the wind settings in training mode...still nothing. (The physics in this game are so picky when it comes to little things like aim and power.)

If anyone manages to get this damn thing, please help us out. Which hole and character combination works best?

I found this strategy via PS3Imports, courtesy of Roughdog4.

In the Main Menu, choose Play Game then Training

Select Daryl then Course #6. Press :left until you get to Hole 15 which is a par 5.

Select your 9 Iron and face the pin. You will see trees in your way but as you can see the pin is 150 yards away.

Press the Touchpad and make sure the wind is at 20 MPH and going towards the hole.

As you make your shot, make sure its perfect power and control ( while holding :down on the dpad) and have backspin.

You should land on the green about 35-40 feet away from the cup.

When you select next shot, now all you need to do is land the putt and you get the trophy :)

I can confirm that this worked beautifully -- almost to hilarious effect. After spending a few minutes trying to nail the hole in one, I was pleased to see such an easy grab for an albatross.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ValintyneVisions said:

Select Daryl then Course #6. Press :left until you get to Hole 15 which is a par 5.

There is no Course # 6 unless I'm missing something. I have all the courses unlocked and it only goes up to course 4. Could you let us know which course you did this on?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

There is no Course # 6 unless I'm missing something. I have all the courses unlocked and it only goes up to course 4. Could you let us know which course you did this on?

I was about to ask this same thing. I've looked through a few FAQs and guides online, and they only ever mention Course #6 is only accessible using cheats (which I don't think is possible in this version because you need to do with with "controller 2" and without any memory card inserted).

Perhaps the provided strategy has a typo though because the only Hole 15 that's a Par 5 is on Course #3. ?

On 6/20/2022 at 10:14 AM, ValintyneVisions said:

I found this strategy via PS3Imports, courtesy of Roughdog4.

I can confirm that this worked beautifully -- almost to hilarious effect. After spending a few minutes trying to nail the hole in one, I was pleased to see such an easy grab for an albatross.

Would like to know as well. I have tried it on course 3 hole 7 thinking it was a typo but haven't been able to come close to getting it. The shooting into the trees seems to fit the description kinda, but no matter what club i use i still can't get close to it.  

Edited by KTILLA23

I’m losing my mind over this trophy. And the end game grinding to 1500pts is soul crushing 

5 hours ago, KTILLA23 said:

Would like to know as well. I have tried it on course 3 hole 7 thinking it was a typo but haven't been able to come close to getting it. The shooting into the trees seems to fit the description kinda, but no matter what club i use i still can't get close to it.  

I got course #6 after I got 1500 pts but haven’t had success with those instructions from ps3import

15 minutes ago, xSynysterShadowx said:

Here's a video I made demonstrating how to get this trophy, followed the same instructions as described from comments. 
This strat makes it a piece of cake lol 1f605.png270c.png
I also added the instructions in the video description. 

xSynysterShadowx.png

Follow this video I just posted here 1f642.png

Thanks boss. saved my sanity ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BaneRises314 said:

I’m losing my mind over this trophy. And the end game grinding to 1500pts is soul crushing 

I got course #6 after I got 1500 pts but haven’t had success with those instructions from ps3import

After reading the instructions and watching the video I got it in about three tries. Make sure you hold down on the d-pad when doing this shot as it hits the ball much further, 31 mph vs 20 mph. I was a few feet off the green and putted in easily.

Edit: I just saw you got it. Ignore please.

Edited by niliuscofc
Did not read the thread closely. Haha.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, xSynysterShadowx said:

Here's a video I made demonstrating how to get this trophy, followed the same instructions as described from comments. 

Awesome thank you very much!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pennywise247 said:

Just started playing this on the weekend. Where do I see how many points I have? 

I would imagine it's somewhere in the "Status" menu. I've already uninstalled the game or I would check for you. I do know that every time you win a match, it adds more points, so you can also see your total there. 

• 1 month later...

I got course 6 just following the PS3 import guide. What I did was I unlocked all characters first, winning every match usually by hole 13. Always playing on hardest course. Then by the time I unlocked iceman, I only had Vegas course to unlock. I played one tournament match on second to last course as iceman and birdied every hole. 2 or 3 holes I got eagle. After winning that tournament I unlocked last course by having over 1,500 points. Then I went to training to attempt albatross and course 6 was available to choose.

Now as for albatross, that’s where I have a problem. The import site instructions don’t work at all. The ball just hits the trees or hill right away. Can’t even get close to the green. So I will check the video posted in this thread. 

Edit: ok got albatross! Thanks so much SynysterShadow for the video. That was the adjustments I needed. 

Edited by rockhopper78

On 7/22/2022 at 10:35 PM, rockhopper78 said:

I got course 6 just following the PS3 import guide. What I did was I unlocked all characters first, winning every match usually by hole 13. Always playing on hardest course. Then by the time I unlocked iceman, I only had Vegas course to unlock. I played one tournament match on second to last course as iceman and birdied every hole. 2 or 3 holes I got eagle. After winning that tournament I unlocked last course by having over 1,500 points. Then I went to training to attempt albatross and course 6 was available to choose.

Now as for albatross, that’s where I have a problem. The import site instructions don’t work at all. The ball just hits the trees or hill right away. Can’t even get close to the green. So I will check the video posted in this thread. 

Edit: ok got albatross! Thanks so much SynysterShadow for the video. That was the adjustments I needed. 

Happy Gilmore accomplished that feat no more than an hour ago 

FWIW, I had no luck using backspin on the Course 6 trick. The stupid ball wouldn’t land/bounce right and after a considerable amount of trying, I hit it without any spin and got it on the green setting up the Albatross. 

Edited by Wagszilla

• 2 months later...
On 22/06/2022 at 4:09 AM, xSynysterShadowx said:

xSynysterShadowx.png

You're an absolute genius, thank you so much. This worked a treat!

• 7 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 11:09 PM, xSynysterShadowx said:

xSynysterShadowx.png

Thank you so much. This was a great help. It didn't take me long at all getting a Albatross.

• 9 months later...

So, Randomly, I was playing a tournament and I found this map (which seems even easier than the one shown earlier), thankfully without any wind interfering. First time ended up with an Eagle but then realized I could try under 2 shots. With some adjustments... this happens 😱